1 year renewal of driving license

Lobin

Am due to renew my one year driving license after it expires next month. Just applying for a one year renewal, not a 5 year.

Last year when I applied for it I had a tourist visa, this year am using visa exempt rule to enter thailand, not a tourist visa. Can I still renew it with just an entry stamp? Or actually need a tourist visa?

You need a residence permit, in form of a work permit, yellow book or paper from embassy or immigration. Visa is not so important, but it differs locally. They may accept it or not. Question of weather, luck and last night of the officer. TiT.

You need a residence permit, in form of a work permit, yellow book or paper from embassy or immigration. Visa is not so important, but it differs locally. They may accept it or not. Question of weather, luck and last night of the officer. TiT.

Yes I will go to the office opposite promenada and get one there, from what I remember you can get those with just an entry stamp, i.e. Visa exempt not tourist visa per se

I would be very surprised if they will give you a 5 year licence on a Visa Exempt entry.

But if they do, be sure to let us know...stranger things have happened in this country.

Im not sure but you may need a medical certificate too. Checked the pinned topic relating to drivers licences, bound to be some good info in there.

I would be very surprised if they will give you a 5 year licence on a Visa Exempt entry.

But if they do, be sure to let us know...stranger things have happened in this country.

Im not sure but you may need a medical certificate too. Checked the pinned topic relating to drivers licences, bound to be some good info in there.

Yes am all up to speed with the other docs required and am going for a 1 year renewal only as I know for sure they won't issue a 5 year license with a non imm visa

Cheers

Im not sure but you may need a medical certificate too.

A medical certificate was required last year when I went from the 1-year temporary to the 5-year. And somebody just reported last week on TV that they also needed a medical certificate going from the 1-year to a 5-year license.

Edit: Whoops....just noticed that the OP is talking about trying to get another one-year license. Not sure about that one....but would guess a medical certificate is required.

The good news is....the one year licence has now been extented for two years.

Last may i went for my second yearly renewal and dont have to go back for another 18month from now.

So agree with the poster above; that driving centre is just so busy it will be a case of "see you in 5yrs sir" very soon.

Last may i went for my second yearly renewal and dont have to go back for another 18month from now.

So agree with the poster above; that driving centre is just so busy it will be a case of "see you in 5yrs sir" very soon.

I read that all new "one" year issues were going to be 2. Just wasn't sure if that extended to a one year renewal.

Did you have a tourist visa or just visa exempt entry stamp?

I read that before, and the 5y to 6y. But it was always like this that you go after your birthday and get the 1 or 5 years plus the time to the next birthday, so 2/6 years was already there. What has changed?

I read that all new "one" year issues were going to be 2. Just wasn't sure if that extended to a one year renewal.

Did you have a tourist visa or just visa exempt entry stamp?

I only had a tourist visa. I had the first one year licence then went back in May for another...just to extend another year and was told they are now 2yrs and got the new licence confirming this.

Pretty sure the one year is now abolished in lieu of a 2

Archived