DSI asked to speed up probing Wat Paknam Phasi Charoen abbot's Mercedes

webfact

Because he ostentatiously flaunts the laws regarding use of expensive motor vehicles. But look the other way, he's a red.

BTW you might not defend Chalerm, but you notedly don't criticize the party who appointed him DPM, or the electoral system that allowed it.

What you and your fellow junta lovers often forget is that the reds are no longer in power. If/when they get back in power I will criticize them as they're sure to eff things up. In the mean time I will concentrate on the unelected bunch of #*@! currently in power.

Crazy, right?

MZurf

Member Since 2008-12-26.

Yeah, right. Crazy. You must have hundreds of posts criticizing the Yingluk maladministration.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slim pickings for a group here nowadays that they have to bring in an off topic character to sustain their existence in the forum.

Wouldn't your post be better located in the topic "Other Posters' Posting Habits"?

We are discussing Hi-so flaunting their wealth through expensive vehicles.

thanks for clarifying what inf.... you're really going on about kids

Some monks will come from wealthy families, so many of these will have expensive items before they enter the temple as a monk. Just because a man is wealthy and has a collection of cars does not mean that he is a criminal or that he has done anything wrong.

FYI Buddha was a Prince before he became a monk. He let go all his wealth for a reason and Buddhism ask you as a devotee to become more and more like the Buddha... So how is ill gotten wealth compatible with this philosophy?

And this is why I don't give to any thai Buddhist temples 99% of them are set up purely to enrich the monks/abbots. Last time I was dragged to a temple opening by my wifes work I got there and was horrified by how gaudy and over embellished the place was then they had the balls to ask me for a "donation" minimum 1000 bhat was told by wives work mate.

I gave nothing and ensured that on our way home everyone saw me buying rice and chicken for the 2 disabled beggers we saw when we stopped for lunch.

And pointed out that the temple did not need money but the poor and needy do.

I got looked at like I was fukin crazy as bat shut.

Buddisum in Thailand is so perverted and twisted it is sad...

You are right, brother! Like my mum always used to say, "there is no business like holy business !"

Some monks will come from wealthy families, so many of these will have expensive items before they enter the temple as a monk. Just because a man is wealthy and has a collection of cars does not mean that he is a criminal or that he has done anything wrong.

FYI Buddha was a Prince before he became a monk. He let go all his wealth for a reason and Buddhism ask you as a devotee to become more and more like the Buddha... So how is ill gotten wealth compatible with this philosophy?

They are trying to be at the starting point of Buddha's life - a prince.

What classier way to travel to Nirvana? Pink Bentley?

no, those are Benz's. I suppose he maintained them very well. So a perfect gift/donation to a museum, a Wat museum. In ancient times Beuddha was going by foot, but times are changing. So why not give a monk the chance to enjoy life? Because he might know that the next life is boring?

Having these luxury cars goes again the basic teaching of Buddha and therefore should be sold with the proceeds used to feed and cloth the hungry in Thailand. The Abbott should set a good example currently its the wrong example. Greed and Desire and this will only lead to suffering.

Why does a monk need an expensive, vintage car in the first place?

If the car was offered as a gift, as a Buddhist and following the Buddha's teachings of leading a simple, frugal life, why accept this 'gift' at all?

there's this belief in the thai community that giving money to monks will bestow upon the user great merit. So a car (in this case a 'benz', the car of amazing status), would probably be an ultimate form of merit AND good luck.

Thailand LOVES its ecclesiastical monks. The higher the title the more showered with gifts and spoiled they are.

They don't have to be an experienced meditator to gain titles. Where I'm at now if they build projects, and other stuff to further a temples image, they're likely to get it.

There are a few who I know who are excellent monks. The others are what I refer to as laypeople in robes.

But in the end that really is thailands problem.

You sound like our beloved PM when he was trying to find explanations about the wealth some members of the RTA and RTP had acquired when they had to declare their assets.

This is nothing more than theft of money from nice people who make honest donations in return for prayer's to make them feel better. Horrible sick thieving MONKeys. Go steal your way into hell and burn a thousand time each day. May your nuts turn square and fester at the edges.

many of the donators know exactly what they are doing. They WANT to give money and gifts to these monks, (extra if they're handsome ... it's a drought and thirst is everywhere). They know sometimes they deviate from the path they chose, they don't care - and a very merit making oriented.

For those that truly don't then when they do they'll probably continue to do so.

It really does go both ways.

When I search for Wat Paknam Phasi Charoen on Google Maps I get poi tet to Watch Nakprok. Are these two names for the same temple?

I'd like to put its car museum on the list for my next trip to Bangkok.

post-88861-0-75432200-1453187661_thumb.p

Edited by Puccini

Because he ostentatiously flaunts the laws regarding use of expensive motor vehicles. But look the other way, he's a red.

BTW you might not defend Chalerm, but you notedly don't criticize the party who appointed him DPM, or the electoral system that allowed it.

What you and your fellow junta lovers often forget is that the reds are no longer in power. If/when they get back in power I will criticize them as they're sure to eff things up. In the mean time I will concentrate on the unelected bunch of #*@! currently in power.

Crazy, right?

MZurf

Member Since 2008-12-26.

Yeah, right. Crazy. You must have hundreds of posts criticizing the Yingluk maladministration.

Nope. I followed Thai politics with one part amusement and two parts disgust. The Shin governments were legally elected and despite the ineptitude and corruption at least there was a chance for Thailand to evolve. I didn't become actively involved in political discussions until the last junta took power and people like yourself incredibly enough actually though things would get better (and some of you still do!!!crazy.gif ).

People who are raised in democratic countries and who praise and willingly accept military rule disgust me.

Crazy, right?

MZurf

Member Since 2008-12-26.

Nope. I followed Thai politics with one part amusement and two parts disgust. The Shin governments were legally elected and despite the ineptitude and corruption at least there was a chance for Thailand to evolve. I didn't become actively involved in political discussions until the last junta took power and people like yourself incredibly enough actually though things would get better (and some of you still do!!!crazy.gif ).

People who are raised in democratic countries and who praise and willingly accept military rule disgust me.

So a blatantly corrupt and perverted version of democracy is not worthy of criticism. The party list system that allows the wealthy to buy their way into office is not worthy of criticism. And clearly unworkable and expensive vote buying electoral policies which fail to live up to their promises (think rice, tablets, pay rises) are OK because the uninformed public falls for the lies.

But at least your not biased.

Crazy, right?

MZurf

Member Since 2008-12-26.

So a blatantly corrupt and perverted version of democracy is not worthy of criticism. The party list system that allows the wealthy to buy their way into office is not worthy of criticism. And clearly unworkable and expensive vote buying electoral policies which fail to live up to their promises (think rice, tablets, pay rises) are OK because the uninformed public falls for the lies.

Try reading my post one more time, and this time sloooowly. Where does it say the elected administrations were not worthy of criticism?

Oh and I firmly believe a "perverted" version of democracy is better than no democracy.

Edited by MZurf

It is not religions that distort human beings, it's the other way round.

To the Buddhism bashers on this thread, I suggest you guys take a look at how much wealth is in the hands of the Vatican, and to what use it is actually put. I suggest you look at how much money is collected by American preachers of all obediences and where that money goes ... look at the amount of money amassed by the Mormons, by Muslim institutions etc etc etc ...

Innumerable clerics of all religions use their positions to pile up cash, properties and all kinds of not-spiritual-in-the-least treasures.

As long as children in all societies are brought up to think in earnest that believing in God and trusting his self-appointed administration on earth is one-and-the-same thing, humanity will have to put up with these abuses.

Which is why all religions are so eager to have the strongest possible hold on schools. What is taught to us before the age of (roughly) 12 is what we end up considering as principles, not ideas. Looking into that and cleaning up our conditioning is one of the most difficult tasks human beings have to face in their lives. And most of them don't give a rat's ass anyway, they are perfectly happy with principles planted in their heads when they were kids, and totally convinced that they're all their own.

Edited by Yann55

Try reading my post one more time, and this time sloooowly. Where does it say the elected administrations were not worthy of criticism?

Oh and I firmly believe a "perverted" version of democracy is better than no democracy.

Perhaps I should have said worthy of your criticism. Unless of course you have criticised them. Stranger things have happened.

OTOH you say you prefer perverted democracy to no democracy, but seem unwilling to accept a period for improvement. Did you expect the Shins to make changes to restrict their power, stop their ability to buy high office, and to have their electoral lies audited?

Perhaps I should have said worthy of your criticism. Unless of course you have criticised them. Stranger things have happened.

OTOH you say you prefer perverted democracy to no democracy, but seem unwilling to accept a period for improvement. Did you expect the Shins to make changes to restrict their power, stop their ability to buy high office, and to have their electoral lies audited?

"Perhaps I should have said worthy of your criticism. Unless of course you have criticised them. Stranger things have happened."

I have never uttered a positive word about any of the Shin administrations and I'm frankly very tired of telling you junta supporters that criticism of the junta does not mean support for the Shins.

"OTOH you say you prefer perverted democracy to no democracy, but seem unwilling to accept a period for improvement."

What improvement????????? Show me, pretty pleeeease!

Man, you're the biggest broken record in TVF history. Is there any topic at all that will prevent you from posting something about the reds? How about the weather?

What reds? I mentioned pink...

Man, you're the biggest broken record in TVF history. Is there any topic at all that will prevent you from posting something about the reds? How about the weather?

What an ingenious reply!!

What an ingenious reply!!

As always... ?

Why not give the Supreme Patriarch job to Issara the political monk. They could make a commemorated amulet with his face on one side and Suthep's face on the other. A gold plated whistle could also be made.

Don't know about the job, but the amulets is a great idea to put history into stone. Better still with one for the Olympics and Thaksin too...?