Three shot to death by angry man in parking area dispute in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the problem is that not to many years ago the average Thai didn't own A car.Now he/she owns at least 1 or more.In Bangkok there are more

Vehicles than road.I imagine the sort of road rage was probably building up inside him for years.I'm not saying he was justified but with the traffic in

Bangkok some people have more patience than others.

When you study animal behaviour and observe the effect of crowding on a population - you might see similarities. RIP to those who lost their lives. We must do something to reduce human population. NO, I am not suggesting that we exterminate each other.

Rumble fish

So shooting people is the Thai equivalent of running a key along the paintwork when 'your' parking spot is 'stolen'??

That guy has a SERIOUS anger management problem.

As Balo says above.....life's too short. In this case a lot too short for these three unfortunate people.

Roll with the punches. I get really pi $$ ed off when it happens to me, but then I realize that 95% of the population are idiots, and they make the the 5% of us look even better, so they're doing us a favor!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

Not saying it couldn't happen somewhere else where guns are available, but we seem to be getting more of these rage and feud type incidents.

And they are often lethal.

It is annoying how shop owners lay claim to the public road areas in-front of their buildings. It is also annoying not being able to park anywhere.

In this peace loving, Buddhist country, 10 million known guns!

Yes exactly, known guns but i wonder what the guesstimate is on ' unknown ' ones ?

LoS is the hub of crackdowns, purges etc yet successive govts don't seem in the least bit concerned the country is awash with weapons and many in the hands of people who don't hesitate to use them especially when face is lost.

Should read three shot dead by angry Thai man

And at least one of the victims is a moslem

Names look like it maybe a Burmese and a cambodian as well.

He must have been a good shot only 3 spent cases, might be ex army or police.

The place need to ban guns for cictizens and round them all up, it's the wild wild west now, and don't get angry on the RD as you might get shot, Shocking.

Wow how petty.

I remember I was working for a contractor in the early 90's and I was told to go out and tell someone to move their car as it was reserved parking. The guy said make me. The owner came out and said a couple of words and the other guy backed off and apologized. Today there would be 2 dead ppl from this.

When you study animal behaviour and observe the effect of crowding on a population - you might see similarities. RIP to those who lost their lives. We must do something to reduce human population. NO, I am not suggesting that we exterminate each other.

Population of Tokyo over 35 million

Population of Bangkok say 8 million

Murder rate in Bangkok 4 in 100,000

Murder rate in Tokyo less than 1.

That equates to about 8 times less with a density 4 times more.

Better get a new theory . . . or think a bit more clearly

Maggusoil, please read Peteregion's reply. You might find it quite interesting. Oh, and Tokyo has a fantastic train system which Bangkok could only dream of. Japanese are also much more cultured and disciplined. And their CCTVs ACTIUALLY WORK!!!

With Thailand now being the wild, wild (emphasis on the double wild) west it is time for tourists to find better places to spend their money. Thailand was a great country but now there is apparently no law and if anyone is caught and they are Thai nothing happens. It is best to let them get on with the stupidity that prevails in the land of do what you want it is ok and for tourists to find more welcoming countries in which to spend their money.

I would recommend Vietnam. Very similar to Thailand but you dont hear of the same lack of law and order. In the time I spent there, which was several months, never did I hear of foreigners learning to fly from balconies or shoot outs in the street, muggings and murders. They happen I am sure but the police there tak every precaution they can to ensure tourists are not affected or involved.

Edited by gandalf12

My question is "what was this Mr. Average doing being in possession of a gun" ?

to compensate the lack of other attributes :>

Wow... in US of A they have 112 guns for 100 residents blink.png

I don't know where you got your statistics, but Switzerland has more guns per capita than any other country in the world.

As for the USA, I have two shotguns, a rifle and three handguns. Not one of them killed or shot anyone. Perhaps there should be a law about killing. Maybe that would work.

Why do you have all those weapons? One is not enough?

Weapons are made to kill.

Another crazy mini van driver, arguing with his complaining passengers all day and finally get refused his parking space outside his house.

No wonder he went on a killing spree.

Stay away from mini van drivers, they are a bunch of lunatics.

Was with my Wife in Thailand in May last year and took a mini van from Cha-am to BKK. The most frightening experience of our lives and

my Wife is Thai. I have never in my life witnessed such insanely stupid, reckless high speed driving by a driver of passengers in a Western country ever. We stayed for a month and after that experience never stepped foot on a bus again large or small in Thailand.

Edited by steve654

The law here is to busy fighting over the bread basket, they have to much money as they don't bother to police the roads , they don't seem to see the revenue stream that just issuing fines for no helmets and speeding may raise.

Oh and selling guns on the black market is good money.

Another crazy mini van driver, arguing with his complaining passengers all day and finally get refused his parking space outside his house.

Was with my Wife in Thailand in May last year and took a mini van from Cha-am to BKK. The most frightening experience of our lives and

my Wife is Thai. I have never in my life witnessed such insanely stupid, reckless high speed driving by a driver of passengers in a Western country ever. We stayed for a month and after that experience never stepped foot on a bus again large or small in Thailand.

have had the exact same experience a few times , the big bus drivers are not to bad, swore I would never ride a mini van again but out of desparation a few weeks back took one from Bk to Hua Hin and fluked a good driver.

Mostly though they are maniacs that continue to wrrek havoc on the roads, normal taxis have their fair share of maniacs as well and nothing is done, I tend to think that the authorities don't want the people to loose face if they conducted a driver awareness campaign.

have had the exact same experience a few times , the big bus drivers are not to bad, swore I would never ride a mini van again but out of desparation a few weeks back took one from Bk to Hua Hin and fluked a good driver.

Mostly though they are maniacs that continue to wrrek havoc on the roads, normal taxis have their fair share of maniacs as well and nothing is done, I tend to think that the authorities don't want the people to loose face if they conducted a driver awareness campaign.

Well, I was warned by others that going in a mini van is hit and miss in Thailand, but I never took it seriously until that day. After we got out, it was really difficult to comprehend how any human being could be so horrifically reckless, especially when they were entrusted with passengers.

thailand gets more like the USA every day

sad, tragic and unnecessary

Wow, took 47 posts to finally get to USA bashing. Must be some kind of record. I am from USA, and risk of getting shot for no reason much higher here.

I totally agree. THis is a much more dangerous place than the US. At leas in the U.S. a lot of crime like this is in the shitty parts of town and you can avoid those areas. Unfortunately in Thailand, all parts of town are shitty. Even mixed in the nice places in the sois of high-end Thong Lor, you have people living in huts with corrugated roofs. I've been here for 12 years and I've never seen a "nice area" without blight anywhere in this country. I live in a high-end mooban, but as soon as I step outside to the sois on the left and right we have trash.

What's your point - only the poor and impoverished are violent criminals who use gun crime to rob, assault and murder?

What would you do, create lovely expat zones for all those above a certain wealth with only servants allowed in from the lowly poor Asians?

Terrible they allow such riff-raf to live near your expensive exclusive Mooban.

Do some research, or get one of your lackeys to do it, and you'll see how much gun crime is carried out my wealthy, elite, well connected hiso types.

Or are you one of those reprehensible people that judges a person on wealth?

Edited by Baerboxer

thailand gets more like the USA every day

sad, tragic and unnecessary

Wow, took 47 posts to finally get to USA bashing. Must be some kind of record. I am from USA, and risk of getting shot for no reason much higher here.

I totally agree. THis is a much more dangerous place than the US. At leas in the U.S. a lot of crime like this is in the shitty parts of town and you can avoid those areas. Unfortunately in Thailand, all parts of town are shitty. Even mixed in the nice places in the sois of high-end Thong Lor, you have people living in huts with corrugated roofs. I've been here for 12 years and I've never seen a "nice area" without blight anywhere in this country. I live in a high-end mooban, but as soon as I step outside to the sois on the left and right we have trash.

What's your point - only the poor and impoverished are violent criminals who use gun crime to rob, assault and murder?

What would you do, create lovely expat zones for all those above a certain wealth with only servants allowed in from the lowly poor Asians?

Terrible they allow such riff-raf to live near your expensive exclusive Mooban.

Do some research, or get one of your lackeys to do it, and you'll see how much gun crime is carried out my wealthy, elite, well connected hiso types.

Or are you one of those reprehensible people that judges a person on wealth?

No! The Rich have Ferraris and Mercedez Benz cars to mow down poor motorists - including cops BTW... And get away with it.