Thai bank debit card no annual fee

Most debit cards here also serve as ATM cards. ATM cards usually have THB 100 or THB 200 annual fees. So there won't be many around that have no annual fee.

Credit cards are a different story, and there is a wider choice of no fee. My Stan Chart and TMB credit cards have no annual fee

Personally I think that THB 100/200 is reasonable and would rather choose my bank and bank accounts based on other criteria, than saving a small annual ATM fee/ debit card fee.

Choosing a bank and bank account based on no ATM/debit card fee given the small amounts risks missing the wood for the tree, when you consider all the other "eccentricities" and more important issues of banking in Thailand.

Thanks for your reply.

My savings and investments are kept outside the country but I do need a bank here for daily expenses only.

My idea was to open 2 or 3 accounts here and then decide which one was best for me over a period of time.

For that reason I’m not too keen on paying for an ATM card every time, hence the question.

Thanks for your reply.

My savings and investments are kept outside the country but I do need a bank here for daily expenses only.

My idea was to open 2 or 3 accounts here and then decide which one was best for me over a period of time.

For that reason I’m not too keen on paying for an ATM card every time, hence the question.

You do not have to get a ATM card. I have a saving account that I did not want to have an ATM card. Transaction only at the bank.

I have a Kasikorm Savings Account with a Vis Debit Card, use it for my 'Retirement Visa' Annual Chskrge 800 baht. I asked what it was for, commission was the answer

Something definitely weird there. I've had a Kasikorn savings account in Pattaya for the last seven years and I've only ever been charged 200 baht a year for a debit card. Also, I'm pretty sure I'd have heard if any of my friends or acquaintances were being stung like that.

Mind you, I don't know if it differs depending on the actual type of account someone's got (maybe?).

Thanks for your reply.

Don`t worry about that, just go for one of the big banks. Bangkok Bank or the SCB are the best for doing international transactions. Debit card fee, 200 baht a year.

I have a citibank account from Australia I use a debit card and pay 200B each withdraw ...I get all my cash out ones every forthright and deposit into my bkk accoint for local expenses

Citibank has no fees account and the only cost is 200B atm fees

Great deal and the cheapest I found.

Citibank account is the normal transaction account ....check in your country with CT bank

I have a Kasikorm Savings Account with a Vis Debit Card, use it for my 'Retirement Visa' Annual Chskrge 800 baht. I asked what it was for, commission was the answer

Something definitely weird there. I've had a Kasikorn savings account in Pattaya for the last seven years and I've only ever been charged 200 baht a year for a debit card. Also, I'm pretty sure I'd have heard if any of my friends or acquaintances were being stung like that.

Mind you, I don't know if it differs depending on the actual type of account someone's got (maybe?).

A KMax Family Debit Card, or SME card are charged at 800 baht/ year, Global ATM is 200/ year. This bank has quite a range of card types and I have no idea what the differences are, other than getting you to pay more!

A KMax Family Debit Card, or SME card are charged at 800 baht/ year, Global ATM is 200/ year. This bank has quite a range of card types and I have no idea what the differences are, other than getting you to pay more!

Any Thai bank debit card costing more than Bt200 to Bt300 per year usually means its has some insurance product like accident insurance included in the annual fee.

I have a citibank account from Australia I use a debit card and pay 200B each withdraw ...I get all my cash out ones every forthright and deposit into my bkk accoint for local expenses

Citibank account is the normal transaction account ....check in your country with CT bank

Hi cesarm001,Was reading you'r post on THIA VISA and as you are Aussie like me and I am moving over, so as I take it from what you are saying I take it that you are getting our Australian pension paid into Aus Citibank with a ATM Card then draw it out and but it in your bkk dose that come with a ATM card.What you are doing sound's like the best way that I have come across, in all the looking and digging I've been doing. Regrades Sharron, DELETED

Edited by seedy
personal details

Any Thai bank debit card costing more than Bt200 to Bt300 per year usually means its has some insurance product like accident insurance included in the annual fee.

And possibly a commission for the teller seller.

Thanks for your reply.

saving for a Ferrari?

one post edited - personal details

Forum Rule - 18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

Hi cesarm001,Was reading you'r post on THIA VISA and as you are Aussie like me and I am moving over, so as I take it from what you are saying I take it that you are getting our Australian pension paid into Aus Citibank with a ATM Card then draw it out and but it in your bkk dose that come with a ATM card.What you are doing sound's like the best way that I have come across, in all the looking and digging I've been doing. Regrades Sharron, DELETED

You're being screwed. Do you live in a tourist area?
b

Pattaya

bangkok bank charge 200bht annual fee. sometimes they charge a special rate of 100bht when issuing the card for the first time.