How to invest 1 Million Baht ?

How to invest 1 Million Baht ?

A fairly meaningless question without more information and asking such a question on TV suggests a naivete that is worrisome.

Are you seeking income or capital gains? What's your time-frame? 6 months? 20 years? Are you looking for safety & preservation of capital or is this meant to be a fling in something risky? Is it something you intend to add to regularly over time for something like a child's education or is it a one-off "wager?"

For a Foreigner, it might be not a substantial a Amount of Money -

but for a Thai National, it is ...

Nationality is irrelevant. There are many Thais for whom this amount wouldn't be a big deal and many farang for whom this amount would seem a princely sum. Are you Thai or are you "investing" for the eventual benefit of a Thai person or is this just a pointless comment?

1 million Bht ? For wealthy Thai is pocket money. For non wealthy Thai is 2 to 5 years hard slog.

Bank interest is minus tax is useful for immigration payments etc but not much more.

Unless you have some esoteric cause to invest in Thailand it may be of greater advantage to look for an international placement.

Thai Banks now have a liability limit on deposits to that same value.

That should give cause to question that shift.

If there is a storm over the horizon then even the mattress you cling to may be of just as much as comforting as anything else !

rolleyes.gif

1 million Bht ? For wealthy Thai is pocket money. For non wealthy Thai is 2 to 5 years hard slog.

I took the median, 26736 THB per month, out of your numbers. That could be a usual loan for a middle class job or what an non-wealthy man/woman could earn easily. How could this lead to 1 mio THB cash asset within 5 year range?

In terms of wealthy, to have 1 mio THB cash free to spend is surely not a big fortune but to be wealthy for a Thai in Thailand, it is enough. Wealth for the non-wealthy.

Also, in Thailand, if a Thai has 1 mio THB cash you can be assured that there is more behind it. Some good business, deals, land or parents to back that up and thus, 1 mio THB cash never comes alone wink.png.

The next 5 years of building the new national skytrain system is going to to need a hell of a lot of cement and concrete. Socio-economic realities like this will tell you more than any past balance sheet. It makes sense to grab an early opportunity before any major advance in share price.What are the things people always need to buy (food, cloths and other essentials: socio-economics again especially if there is a downturn in the market. But see it as an opportunity when the market bottoms). If your not an expert and don't understand corporate finance balance sheets. Then this is the way to approach it, buying what sell. There's many an old granny that has done well using this method.

Get 9 people like yourself and your own corporation has 10M capital with the bank lent another 10M, 20M. Now you are talking some money to invest in a profitable business. Note that bank needs business plan and you need more people, and an investment lawyer. Land development, housing project, etc?

You could buy an old condo in Pattaya with that and then try to rent it out. There is always demand for the cheapest of the cheap rentals say around 2k month maybe? better than sitting in the bank at 2%

I would stay away from the stock markets! they showing signs of the 2008 global meltdown

dont do this.

A friend of mine bought a condo in really good condition for 1.1 Mio Baht and rents it out for 8,000 Baht per month. That's a REALLY GREAT INVESTMENT!!!

No its not.

Guaranteed loss on sale.......................lol. ask jingthing.

A friend of mine bought a condo in really good condition for 1.1 Mio Baht and rents it out for 8,000 Baht per month. That's a REALLY GREAT INVESTMENT!!!

Never buy a condo in Thailand as an investment, there is endless supply and nobody buys and the 2nd hand condos devalue every year. If he has a tenant for this condo for years, great, maybe in some years he can get a buyer for his condo for 500-600k thumbsup.gif

Buy Facebook and or netflix shares on Nasdaq. It will be worth 2 million in a couple of years. Don't invest in thailand

Spread the love around and add Amazon to those 2 stock. Their PE's are off the charts, so if they ever miss on earning, expect them to get a drubbing, but boy have they delivered so far!!

Safer stocks would be Intel, Exelon, Qalcomm, and even Apple appears cheap on multiples, all of which pay a decent dividend.

If I had some spare cash, I would also buy [laugh all you like now] BP, Chevron and Royal Dutch Shell. Oil will rebound, yes at a slow place, but these are the big daddies of the oil indrustry and now it about the best time to buy them for the long haul.

Dollar cost averaging in an Oil fund that pays dividend. There are some good ETFs out there as an alternative.

Invest 50,000 bahts in that fund or ETF every month for the next 20 months and thank me in a couple of year.

This oil bear market is a once in a lifetime opportunity, IMHO. Everybody is selling like oil is going to $0 which means we are not far from a possible capitulation bottom.

After already falling from $110 to $28, needless to say that risk/reward is very much skewed to the upside.

Be greedy when others are fearful and don't listen to the news, no one ever got rich from following the news. But you can use the news to your advantage be gauging sentiment. When you see all the headlines saying oil is going to $0, that'll be the bottom.

Open a Charles Schwab account. Buy XLE and wait a year or so. You will earn almost 4% dividend paid quarterly and I am confident the energy sector will recover given some time. Now of course I do not know your nationality, how taxes are handled etc. If you are American, you might be able to open a Roth IRA which is tax free but that requires you to have enough "earned income" equal or greater to what you put into the Roth ~6500 if you are over 50 like me.

Archived