Hollands Meat & Potato Pies

edd

I began to think that my taste buds had changed.

All the local pies (Around Pattaya etc.) Did not taste quite right.

BUT

I got some Hollands M & P Pies from our visitors from the UK today.

Absolutely wonderful!!

The taste was just as I remembered from 6 years ago

So its not my taste that has changed, its the quality of the pies over here that is not up to the HOLLANDS quality or taste.

They have brought a BIG smile to the land of smiles.

Two weeks on Friday I will be having Steak Pudding chips and peas in a tray with gravy!

Holland's of course ;)

Good man!!!

Don't forget the pickled onions and Sarsons vinegar.

I am not trying to high jack this thread but since we are talking meat pies here I wonder if you guys could help me on something.

I am unaccustmed to eating meat pies but they interest me. I am a steak and potato man. Canadian

The way you describe them here sounds so tastey I would like to try some next time in Pattaya. So I am asking could you please tell me what kind of pie to order and what to order with it.and maybe where I can get also.I honestly want to try some.Really would appreciate help here. I donot wish to go through trial and error to know what is good and what isnot.

Another pie thread (you can't have enough of them). Edd has misnamed the pies. They are actually now called Potato & Meat as potato is the predominant ingredient. I've seen Aussie pies in the freezer cabinet at Best supermarket. I reckon Hollands would sell like hot... er.. pies. Like MickA, I am a devotee of their puddings. Sublime.

Another pie thread (you can't have enough of them). Edd has misnamed the pies. They are actually now called Potato & Meat as potato is the predominant ingredient. I've seen Aussie pies in the freezer cabinet at Best supermarket. I reckon Hollands would sell like hot... er.. pies. Like MickA, I am a devotee of their puddings. Sublime.

I'm from Lancashire (Warrington)

I don't care if they now call it Cheshire.

I'm still from Lancashire.

And they are still meat & potato pies.

I don't do political correct.

I'm old fashioned and proud of it.

Hollands pies based in Baxenden Lancashire USED to be good until the business was sold in 2011(new owners originating from the Indian sub-continent),now they are a pale shadow of what they used to be. sad.png

Hollands pies based in Baxenden Lancashire USED to be good until the business was sold in 2011(new owners originating from the Indian sub-continent),now they are a pale shadow of what they used to be. sad.png

I have just eaten my 3rd Hollands m&p pie, brought by my friends from England.

I can assure you they are every bit as good as I remember from 6 years ago.

Sadly I only have a few left.

Edited by edd

So I take it there are a few of us E. Lancs lads in town?

I was born North of the river Mersey in Warrington.

That makes me a Lancashire man.

I like Cheshire but they don't have a Blackpool.

Edited by edd