Givi Motorcycle Hard Luggage Falling Off?

Smileygc

I hit an unseen speed bump once in Indonesia and my Givi fell off and bounced down the road. I simply picked it up and popped it back onto the base and continued.coffee1.gif It never fell off again.

If you get one that is wider than the bike they also protect the bike should you hit a patch of diesel on a corner whistling.gif

^ Mine? A 28l top case. I rode almost exclusively on "paved" roads. But being paved in Sumatra doesn't mean billiard table smooth or 100% paved.

I didn't exactly mean you, but thanks for the reply.

Aluiminium trekker outback ? Using the monokey racks ?

I have a full set which like you say are great for protecting your bike in the event of an 'off.

It's just after a tumble, the red/green indicators in the frame at 50/50, I have tried jumping them off over speed bumps, I have tried hanging off them to rip them off .. But they are as solid as a rock.

Always secure mine with a heavy duty luggage strap when on bumpy roads - hate to get tens of k down the road and find my luggage was missing.

Don't trust magnetic tank bags either - I was chasing a mate on an Italian Autostrada when I came across a solid block of traffic. I worked my way to the front to find they were all patiently waiting for said mate darting to and fro across all three lanes picking up skids and socks!