'Maintenance Fee' for All Foreign Tourists Proposed by Tourism Governor

webfact

What next ?? When will they realize this is a predominantly Tourist destination Country, everything here takes money from the visitors and still they want more ... to maintain the tourist services that the money already paid should do. when you own a business or attraction money paid for admission IS what is meant to sustain the business, not rape it take every cent and then add a charge at entry to the Country to maintain them. So many stupid decisions lately, Thailand and Phuket need to get it into there heads " THIS IS A TOURIST COUNTRY " without tourists what do you have ?? ridiculous unemployment thats what. Get it together or you will loose the visitors that are still coming as well as the ones now going else where

I love this Country but seriously, get it together guys before it too late .......... Ohhh new one I read today No passenger signs allowed at the airport any more !! How will tourists find there transport ? or is this so everyone MUST use airport taxi's ?? thought we were cleaning up the Taxi Mafia not handing them still more customers

Tourism is just 7% of Thailand's GDP. It's not a 'TOURIST COUNTRY'.

really ??? so you think Thailand can absorb all the unemployed if the tourists dont come ? if you do your dreaming

If you think $10 is going to put people off coming, you're crazy.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The op is a non-starter; a stupid measure proposed by one douchebag... no need to slag off the entire country and its people, guys.

Isn't whining and slagging off Thailand and its people and culture a TV pastime and intrinsic to the majority of foreigners residing on these shores?

in fact it is. as well as slagging off: muslims, home-countries where muslims are allowed in, home-women who are less submissive, home-taxmen, fellow-farang who are younger and enjoy their lives here (yours truly!), aso... but that makes this site fun and brings in $$$ for its even more cynical owners thumbsup.gif

What next ?? When will they realize this is a predominantly Tourist destination Country, everything here takes money from the visitors and still they want more ... to maintain the tourist services that the money already paid should do. when you own a business or attraction money paid for admission IS what is meant to sustain the business, not rape it take every cent and then add a charge at entry to the Country to maintain them. So many stupid decisions lately, Thailand and Phuket need to get it into there heads " THIS IS A TOURIST COUNTRY " without tourists what do you have ?? ridiculous unemployment thats what. Get it together or you will loose the visitors that are still coming as well as the ones now going else where

I love this Country but seriously, get it together guys before it too late .......... Ohhh new one I read today No passenger signs allowed at the airport any more !! How will tourists find there transport ? or is this so everyone MUST use airport taxi's ?? thought we were cleaning up the Taxi Mafia not handing them still more customers

really ??? so you think Thailand can absorb all the unemployed if the tourists dont come ? if you do your dreaming

Its not the 10 dollars its the constant fee's the constant wrong and silly law changes. I actually dont have a big problem with the tax except that it states its for maintaining attractions, entrance fee's are already in place for this. If it was to maintain and fix road and electricity, to improve the tourist experience like adding rubbish bins, benches for sitting etc I would be fully for it but its not. Im apart of the Tourist industry here and anyone that thinks the tourist industry is doing ok is the crazy one. I love this country and want to see it prosper, and before you say anything, not for me but for itself and its people. Tourists ( and they are needed here ) are fickle they go where they are comfortable, they go where its fun, they go where they get the best value for their money and every new fee takes from that, so its not just $10 its another $10 ... Thats the thing

Its not the 10 dollars its the constant fee's the constant wrong and silly law changes. I actually dont have a big problem with the tax except that it states its for maintaining attractions, entrance fee's are already in place for this. If it was to maintain and fix road and electricity, to improve the tourist experience like adding rubbish bins, benches for sitting etc I would be fully for it but its not. Im apart of the Tourist industry here and anyone that thinks the tourist industry is doing ok is the crazy one. I love this country and want to see it prosper, and before you say anything, not for me but for itself and its people. Tourists ( and they are needed here ) are fickle they go where they are comfortable, they go where its fun, they go where they get the best value for their money and every new fee takes from that, so its not just $10 its another $10 ... Thats the thing

But tourists don't follow sites like this and get all hot and bothered about every little thing like some expats do - so they're unlikely to be put off by them, or even care.

I see one farang and 30 Thai people. Do these partying Thai people pay a maintenance fee. If the charge the Thai people with 30 in the pic it could be 9000 bahts. But racist government still want to give this cost to foreigner. Not right if a Thai comes to your country do we charge them more. There should be racism in the world Khun governor!

Let's face it, what tourist attractions does Thailand have except the beaches and islands? Many of them are national parks allready and charge the 10foulded prices.

Do they call the floating markets tourist attractions?

Yeah and the one in pattaya you have to Pay to get in!!! Just think about that for a moment they are charging you to go shopping, I got the shock of my life when i went there, still went in against my better judgement, it was the same as other tourist market but with a few boats as stalls , all I bought was a bit of bbq crocodile what tasted like s***, and i think the ticket was 300THB

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Let's see now: They just recently added a 'security fee' to airline tickets. They increased entry to tourist attractions/parks to 10x what Thais pay. They want to increase Visa exempt entry from 1000 to 2000 Baht. Now this, what's the word I'm thinking of - oh yeah, greed. What's next, charge for air? smile.png

And the ATM-fee of 180 baht for EVERY transaction of 10.000 baht.

And the airport fee of 700 baht which is allready included in the airticket.

Then the very low exchange-rate for the euro.

The visa of xxx euro plus the costs of going to their embassy 2-3 times/lost workingtime.

The atm is 200THB now just thought I would cheer you up a bit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by juice777

Yes, I'm waiting with bated breath for the next "brainwave" for milking the tourists - maybe "Compulsory Service Charge" on everything? And how about charging VAT on the "Compulsory Service Charge"?

Hang on! What's the 300/200 baht fee for entry into national parks then? So now we pay for a visa, a discriminatory entry fee (4 to 6 times) more than a Thai & now they want a 3rd fee? They are pulling the piss?? A boycott, a good kick in the ass is what they need or more to the point tourists to actually F... off to Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippians & Vietnam for value for money. The only thing they'll listen to, is hurt where it hurts, not the nuts the pocket. They don't like that.

Edited by bipper

Looking for ways to get more revenue from foreigners are you, ..try this, .... let people renew visas at any Immigration office, instead of being required to leave the country every time. The tourist visa comes to mind as being the worst, ... a person must go by van from Bangkok or Pattaya to the Cambodian Border, .. now it is every 15 days, ...a real nice way to make us feel welcome!! .... the trip takes an entire day and costs 2000 baht, ... 1,300 baht of which goes to Cambodia for the visa, (which is 90 days) ... the one time I did such a trip, we were deposited in a restaurant near the border, while the guide went off with all the passports to get the Cambodian Visas, after a wait of about 2 hours the guide returned and drive us to the border, ... walked us out of Thailand, in to Cambodia, out of Cambodia and back in to Thailand, another one or two hours. I had to laugh when the Cambodian customs officer charged me 100 baht because I did not stay overnight in Cambodia. What a farce .. and for what?

Why not let us go in to an Immigration Office once a month and pay 2,000 baht for an extension. Easier for us and then Thailand makes 2000 baht from each tourist visa renewal. Just a suggestion Thailand!!!

Looking for ways to get more revenue from foreigners are you, ..try this, .... let people renew visas at any Immigration office, instead of being required to leave the country every time. The tourist visa comes to mind as being the worst, ... a person must go by van from Bangkok or Pattaya to the Cambodian Border, .. now it is every 15 days, ...a real nice way to make us feel welcome!! .... the trip takes an entire day and costs 2000 baht, ... 1,300 baht of which goes to Cambodia for the visa, (which is 90 days) ... the one time I did such a trip, we were deposited in a restaurant near the border, while the guide went off with all the passports to get the Cambodian Visas, after a wait of about 2 hours the guide returned and drive us to the border, ... walked us out of Thailand, in to Cambodia, out of Cambodia and back in to Thailand, another one or two hours. I had to laugh when the Cambodian customs officer charged me 100 baht because I did not stay overnight in Cambodia. What a farce .. and for what?

Why not let us go in to an Immigration Office once a month and pay 2,000 baht for an extension. Easier for us and then Thailand makes 2000 baht from each tourist visa renewal. Just a suggestion Thailand!!!

You can extend a Tourist visa at an Immigration office.

I do dislike the idea of a tourist service fee, it feels wrong everywhere it's done, and agree the two tier pricing system feels discriminatory. However, unless you have been hiding under a rock two tier pricing and tourist fees are common across the world. Usually these fees are labeled differently, out of state/province entrance fees (two tier pricing) hotel tax/resort/hotel occupancy tax/special VAT (tourist service tax). These taxes are collected on behalf of local/state/federal government. So why the drama when Thailand does this? Sure, I don't like it either but it's hardly the end of tourism in Thailand that many are making it out to be.

Why not just mug the tourists as the leave the airport,this plus increase in Visa on arrival,

they are slowly killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

regards Worgeordie

Don't they ever learn? Keep shooting themselves in the leg.

The have already emptied Phuket tourist zones because of their greediness

I do dislike the idea of a tourist service fee, it feels wrong everywhere it's done, and agree the two tier pricing system feels discriminatory. However, unless you have been hiding under a rock two tier pricing and tourist fees are common across the world. Usually these fees are labeled differently, out of state/province entrance fees (two tier pricing) hotel tax/resort/hotel occupancy tax/special VAT (tourist service tax). These taxes are collected on behalf of local/state/federal government. So why the drama when Thailand does this? Sure, I don't like it either but it's hardly the end of tourism in Thailand that many are making it out to be.

Some people think everything is the end of tourism in Thailand. It never is.

Odd that they seem to long for such a thing.

Edited by SoiBiker

Good let them do it, and watch the already faling tourist industry destryoed once and for all.

And when it is destroyed, who will they blame?

The ferrang!

Really?

"Oh yeah sun, sand and pussy, Thailand here I come! Oh no wait you have to pay ten dollars at the airport? Im staying home..."

Why would this make a differance?

They could easily recover much more money by revalidating the visa's they have already issued,from within the country and stop requiring foreigners to make Visa runs and pay fees to foreign countries such as Laos and Cambodia. Thailand could levy a similar fee in house and save foreigners the cost of the Visa run.

Eliminate visa runs so any foreigner can live indefinitely in Thailand as a permanent visitor? Those retired, working legitimately and or married to a Thai eliminate the runs, but otherwise your a tourist. Tourists don't get to live permanently in foreign countries.

Ok Thailand, we get the message. You do not want tourists, you do not want retirees, you have made clear that you do not know how to run a tourist industry.

Take a break, take a bow, you have shown the world your GREED.... your corruption... your unsafe county... you have clearly made a point, we all get it...good luck with this.

THANK YOU.

I'm going to Vietnam this year and if it's even remotely more fun, better accommodations, nicer/friendly people, better beaches, cleaner air, better food, better beer, I can assure I will be spending more of my money there.

Nobody cares where you go.

apparently you do, always interjecting your thainess... 5555

Good let them do it, and watch the already faling tourist industry destryoed once and for all.

The ferrang!

Really?

"Oh yeah sun, sand and pussy, Thailand here I come! Oh no wait you have to pay ten dollars at the airport? Im staying home..."

Exactly so. When bird flu was hitting Thailand hard, some

people were predicting the end of tourism. I just laughed

and said the sexpat tourists would be walking on the

top of dead bodies on the road on the way to the bars

full of cute Thai girls. Thailand has the ultimate resource...

More good news. Hopefully it will be implemented and add to everything else that causes foreigners to go elsewhere.

..............and dont forget the ATM withdrawal fee has now been increasedto 200thb.............thieving bastards!!!

Didn't you hear, the buffalo needs another operation,

Which buffalo? I believe Thailand has the largest herd on the planet and its thriving.......no threat of extinction here......numbers increasing daily..............and their methane output is probably the major cause of climate change.

You are joking, aren't you?

The ferrang!

Really?

Exactly so. When bird flu was hitting Thailand hard, some

people were predicting the end of tourism. I just laughed

and said the sexpat tourists would be walking on the

top of dead bodies on the road on the way to the bars

full of cute Thai girls. Thailand has the ultimate resource...

If bird flu, the tsunami, political street fighting, occupying mobs, bombs and a military government haven't stopped tourism, why do people think a $10 admin charge will? Wishful thinking perhaps?

Which buffalo? I believe Thailand has the largest herd on the planet and its thriving.......no threat of extinction here......numbers increasing daily..............and their methane output is probably the major cause of climate change.

You are joking, aren't you?

For buffalo read 'Kwai'! For methane read bullshit!

Count me in. Im happy to pay the $10 each time I enter. In fact <deleted> it charge $100.

I'd rather give Thailand $10 than give the UK it to support all those <deleted> sponging oxygen thief immigrants.

Ah, the racist bigot jumps in with their nonsensical BS.

Took a while but you can always rely on the bigots to puke up their hate.

Spell check seems to have improved their spelling as well.

Pity their is no rational thinking check on devices.

Would certainly cut down on the number of hate posts we see.

Edited by Bluespunk