Renting a condo: owner wants access!

Geez....just find another condo or apartment to rent.

Bangkok and Thailand in general is well known for having an abundance of accommodations for every budget.

Why would you want to be fighting with the condo owner and possibly have to be leaving in 6 months anyhow and have to find new accommodations and move everything and do everything entailed.

Just find a better deal out there.

Cheers

Actually he's not fighting with the condo owner.

He's fighting the condo owner.

[emoji102]

Just so, if you are planning on staying longer than 6 months why would you want to stay there anyway on the off chance it could be sold and you would have to move again?

Geez....just find another condo or apartment to rent.

Bangkok and Thailand in general is well known for having an abundance of accommodations for every budget.

Why would you want to be fighting with the condo owner and possibly have to be leaving in 6 months anyhow and have to find new accommodations and move everything and do everything entailed.

Just find a better deal out there.

Cheers

Actually he's not fighting with the condo owner.

He's fighting the condo owner.

[emoji102]

Just so, if you are planning on staying longer than 6 months why would you want to stay there anyway on the off chance it could be sold and you would have to move again?

Unless specified in lease just because an owner sells a condo does not mean a tenant has to leave. Normally, that cannot happen until the lease has expired.

What is normal is that you need to specify very precisely in the contract exactly how much advance notice is required, and what specific times are acceptable for viewings.

Something like :

All viewings must be agreed at least 7 days in advance by both parties, and may only take place between the hours of 10am and 4pm on weekdays.

That's what I put into my rental agreement, and if the agent/landlord didn't like it I would have told them exactly where to go. Needless to say he did like it.

God gave you a precise language (English): use it.

Perfectly reasonable... although in both my Lessee and Lessor contracts the advanced notice is 48 hrs...

I've just e-mailed my tenants to get access to my Condo so that I may show someone on any afternoon next week convenient for them.

In contracts I find it preferable to ensure that the terms cover the maximum I may want rather than the minimum.

Even if the contract says "7 days" there's nothing stopping the two parties from agreeing to less, and indeed I was perfectly happy to have my landlord send some people the next day on one occasion. The point of the contract terms were that I could have refused any short-term request had I felt like it.

If it's in the contract and the owner agrees and signs that contract, then there's only one other thing you can do. Change the locks when you move in. That way no one can enter unless you say so.

And hope you don't have an emergency while you're away requiring entry to your unit such as a pipe burst, etc.

Edited by prism