Boundary markers and title deeds

Is the number on a boundary marker supposed to be the same as the number on the title deed plan, or are they two completely different numbering systems?

On my property, I have been able to locate some of the concrete boundary markers but none of these markers have the same numbers as any of the points on the title deed.

For example, the north east corner where the property borders a road and the neighbors fence:

boundary marker

2ญ

title deed

The markers and deeds I have seen are the same number. To be fair though I have only seen a couple of dozen up close.

Any problems and I would suggest getting the land office out to do a survey. It costs very little and it will solve all your problems.

A very wise move. I'd suggest you get your neighbours to attend the meeting too so that everyone can agree what is what.

It could save loads of problems later on. Besides, if someone is wrong, the land office will put them right.

I also suggest you are ready to go with your fences immediately the land office confirms everything.

The markers and deeds should have the same number.

The land office will inform the neighbors when they are coming to do the survey, so all parties will know the results.

If some marker posts cannot be located they will lay new markers and amend the numbers on the deed accordingly.

As Blackcab suggested, get ready with your fence immediately. Depending on your neighbors you may not even want to wait till the next day whistling.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Land department surveyors came and said that the property had been surveyed since the original title deed was issued. They showed me their map that had numbers corresponding to the actual boundary markers in place.

So no problem then thumbsup.gif

Got your fence up yet biggrin.png