Pattaya is one of the best party cities in the world

1BADDAT

Pattaya can be for everybody, it is just what each individual makes it. If you want to get drunk and stagger home or to your hotel at 3am, and end up being set upon and

robbed, don't blame Pattaya, blame yourself.

If you can go out and have a social drink with your friends and don't get drunk, and avoid the company of those who do get drunk, then you will have no problems 99.9% of the time.

I would bet that a high percentage of those who get drunk, whether it is regularly, or just sometimes, are the ones who keep on slagging off Pattaya.

If you cannot control your drinking, you will have problems in any city in the world.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also an age factor to consider. I am 77 and can only imagine what I would be able to take home in most of the cities on your list. Here in Pattaya the girls could care less. I also have a house on the dark side and rarely venture into the beach areas after dark. There are lots of good bars on the east side of Sukhumvit where you get to know the other "regulars" from all over the world and the girls all get to know you and are affordable. Can't find that anywhere else that I know of except perhaps Manila the last time I was there.

Comparing the Pattaya of today to 15 to 20 years ago, it brings tears to my eyes and those are not tears of joy.

Well, I guess you had to be there during those days. Otherwise a comparison is not possible.

Cheers.

Unless you can come up with Sherman's Way-Back machine (time travel) we can't compare Pattaya today with 15, 30, or 45 years ago--I was there for all of them, it was different and it was good, but it still is. I like Pattaya, I prefer it to Phuket, but I choose not to live in either.

london, new york, new orleans, reykjavic, las vegas, barcelona, sydney, rio - for starters.

Pattaya is fun as said before but take away the girls and good weather and has little. No great music venues, clubs or bars. It is what it is.

Hahahahah... Rio??

As a Brazilian, I'd say it doesn't even compare unless you're looking to spend rivers of money and get scammed/robbed.

- Expensive as hell

- Horrible Traffic - think of Pattaya Beach road near walking street on a Saturday night, now try to imagine that happening every day of the week in all major avenues

- While stuck in traffic in some areas, you might be a victim of an "arrastão", groups of armed men will walk amidst the cars robbing wallets/phones/purses of everyone who doesn't have a bulletproof car

- Arrastão might also happen to people on the beach

Cannot arque with that.It is party central. If a guy is level headed and stays away from illegal things and behaves himself can party till he drops and have no problem. if he just wants fun and knows when to stop a guy will be fine. But if a guy makes a problem at all it gets around quick and then the guy has to watch his step.

I guess that leaves out the other 99% of us just looking for peace and quiet.

london, new york, new orleans, reykjavic, las vegas, barcelona, sydney, rio - for starters.

Pattaya is fun as said before but take away the girls and good weather and has little. No great music venues, clubs or bars. It is what it is.

Include cheap labor along with the girls and weather.

I don't know about you guys but I like my nights to have a fairy tale ending virtually assured. None of the other cities mentioned offer that; Pattaya does.

Really who cares if you're out all night getting drunk if you go home alone?

Any city in the world you don't have to go home alone,just look in the newspaper or Yellow pages or internet.

its certainly incredible VFM. i've recently returned from a 3 week trip and everything including 4 games of golf, accommodation, local transport, food and drink and 'ahem' good times with at least one gal every day (sometimes two ooooh what a giveaway !) came to £1800, now you try doing that in London etc and see how much it comes to, not forgetting blazing sun every day !! and access to a beach + my own little swimming pool on Mike's Mall only 5 mins from my digs, laugh.png

its certainly incredible VFM. i've recently returned from a 3 week trip and everything including 4 games of golf, accommodation, local transport, food and drink and 'ahem' good times with at least one gal every day (sometimes two ooooh what a giveaway !) came to £1800, now you try doing that in London etc and see how much it comes to, not forgetting blazing sun every day !! and access to a beach + my own little swimming pool on Mike's Mall only 5 mins from my digs, laugh.png

Good positive post and attitude, enjoyed reading it.

For a single male, it is accurate to say Pattaya is a great party town- as long you are street savvy and do not come here looking for LOVE or on a rebound to find a mate. There is a variety of everything in Pattaya to please the male when out to party, and it does not have to cost you loads of money; however, if this is your nightly entertainment then I think one lacks a REAL life. (avoidance of reality?)

If I google Armin van Buuren and Pattaya it just goes back to this topic. Did you make up the story about Armin van Buuren and Tiesto being at Pattaya Music Festival?

Tiësto is coming, but nothing about van Buuren. And we are gonna have Potato and Big Ass, what more can we ask from life!

post-225090-0-70849900-1453750233_thumb.

Damn you man!!!! You're bringing back good memories of a single man in paradise. It's all forbidden Apple to me now. I got married [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22] . How did that happen? Whyyyyyyy? Nice positive post. Although Enjoyed reading the negative comments too. Those guys are unhappy and in permanent pms mode. They don't get "fun". It's that simple. Enjoy enjoy the "real" while we the suckers resort to our "memories" of pattaya.

it's possible my one night in Pattaya was simply bad timing....

maybe the 10,000 cases of walking AIDS i saw are not there every night

or the russians fighting, only fight i saw in 6-months in thailand...i should get out more i guess

or the 3 girls who told me the other 2 (so all 3) were guys but got clipped.....eeeewww....

or the interesting people near the "water" after midnight...

we all have a different "gut feeling".... my gut said if i spend one more night i would DIE!!!!!!

but if you tell me you go there for the girls.....GREAT...i will respect you for being honest.

if you say you go for the beaches....

hmmmmm

If I google Armin van Buuren and Pattaya it just goes back to this topic. Did you make up the story about Armin van Buuren and Tiesto being at Pattaya Music Festival?

I thought I saw a poster with Armin Van Buuren on there, but maybe I mixed up him and Dash Berlin.

crime, disease, violence, terrible traffic, tacky bars, corrupt cops, dirty beach and polluted sea plus thousands of ugly thick as bricks prostitutes who the customers have zero in common with, not much fun. Place is for the desperate and the mugs.

crime, disease, violence, terrible traffic, tacky bars, corrupt cops, dirty beach and polluted sea plus thousands of ugly thick as bricks prostitutes who the customers have zero in common with, not much fun. Place is for the desperate and the mugs.

Depends what you call fun. Yours might be tea and a biscuit and watching Eastenders.

Depends what you call fun. Yours might be tea and a biscuit and watching Eastenders.

Perhaps he might like girls who haven't lost their amateur status

Comparing the Pattaya of today to 15 to 20 years ago, it brings tears to my eyes and those are not tears of joy.

Well, I guess you had to be there during those days. Otherwise a comparison is not possible.

Cheers.

Agreed. My first trip was in 2004. Fantastico. It was great for a few more years. It really went downhill after the airport takeover, then the Bangkok riots and the floods. It is still the first city I hit when I arrive in Thailand. It really is convenient. The AC bus from BKK is quick and easy either via Bell Bus or the other provider.