Pattaya more Expensive than Phuket

Walkabout Man

A friend of mine that lives in the Philippines was recently in Pattaya. He was whinging about the prices there. I just said well it cant be as cheap as the Philippines, but its still cheap mate.

He went on to tell me how much he spent in the beer bars and on the women. He was clocking up 7k a day.

I was absolutely astonished. He went on to tell me beer prices at certain places. Cost of food etc.

When i compared it to where i live in Phuket. It was about twice the price.

No more trips to Pattaya for me if its like that. Looks like the Koreans, Arabs and Russians have ruined it for the rest of us by paying too much.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think walkabout man has over imbibed in the devils brew, Chang beer. Pattaya twice the price of Phuket?? Actually Phuket is twice the price of Pattaya! But, as with anywhere, if you drink and whore monger in the most expensive clip joints in town it will cost you big time. Plenty of the two week millionaires who come and go blow 10,000 Baht a night and think it's normal. But most of us can have a roaring great night out for around 2000 Baht, and that includes a meal and a happy massage.

phuket is way more expensive than pattaya ,phuket is for honeymooners and all the stupid young adults the same young adults that have destroyed bali are now destroying phuket and also these young idiots would not last 2 days in pattaya

I agree with you pattayamick. The Aussie Bogans who destroyed Kuta Beach Bali as a great, enjoyable and cheap holiday destination are now turning up in Phuket in larger numbers, due no doubt to the ever present danger of terrorism in Bali. Hopefully they won't discover Pattaya any time soon. The British chavs are enough to put up with as it is.

i just hope the young aussie bogans never ever discover pattaya because they will wreck it just like they have phuket ,anyway the young fools would get into to much trouble here in pattaya anyway ,more bashings more robberies,more everything and we dont need them anyway lets hope pattaya keeps up its reputation to keep them away .

bye the way im a aussie but a old school aussie.....if i saw young thais fighting the young fools that have destroyed phuket in pattaya i would be helping the thais ,as pattaya does not need the riff raff that goes to phuket

Your friend must of stayed on walking street, Pattya is far cheaper over all the The Phillipinnes, I have lived in both places , the only thing Cheap in the Phils is the Beer. 7k a night did that include is hotel room? if not he was had to be on walking street and eating in the 5 star cafes. I was out last night for my meal and drinks from 7pm until 12:30 am and I only spent 1300 baht and that was one stop in A go go included

I agree one can spend more money in Pattaya than in Phuket or Downtown Manhattan NY for that matter if one tries hard enough. But as for Pattaya versus Phuket? Any side walk massage place is more expensive in Phuket (karon beach for example) than in Pattaya or Jomtien.

I agree with you pattayamick. The Aussie Bogans who destroyed Kuta Beach Bali as a great, enjoyable and cheap holiday destination are now turning up in Phuket in larger numbers, due no doubt to the ever present danger of terrorism in Bali. Hopefully they won't discover Pattaya any time soon. The British chavs are enough to put up with as it is.

Aussies have been going in large numbers to Phuket for many years now.

I don't think they are responsible for putting up prices as most Aussies I know don't like throwing their money away and are quite price sensitive.

As for Pattaya a lot more Aussies are coming to Pattaya these days than used to come. I don't think you can blame them for putting up prices thou it is a general trend all throughout Thailand.

"He went on to tell me how much he spent in the beer bars and on the women"

This says much [emoji15]

Yes agree, obviously a couple of off duty rocket scientists! Or just plain stupid.

Last month I went to Phuket, the first time in 30 years. I have been in Pattaya 8 years and there is no comparison in the cost of living there and also Hua Hin.

They are at least 20% more expensive there. I am talking drinks, food, accommodation. The reason I took particular notice, as I was looking for an alternative

to Pattaya - it is much nicer at those two places, but costs forbid a move for me.

Still if his mate was spending 7k bht a day in bars, he would not care - no brain, no pain.

I lived in Phuket for 3 years and now 8 in Pattaya and it is about the same for everything here

except..........local transportation which in Phuket was 5 times more expensive for Tuk-Tuks as it is here for Baht Busses ! I am dependent on local trans. so this is a big deal to me, ( approx.

4000B a month in Phuket and only 8-900 in Pattaya )!

"The British chavs are enough to put up with as it is". What country do you come from then?

Oh my Buddha...a fool and his Pattaya money....?

The Phuket /Phi Phi Island areas are waaaaay more expensive than Cheap Charlie Pattaya...of course if you are a pisshead, your brain goes out the window on a daily basis.....???

What brains does a pisshead have?

Having been to Phuket many times, and now bought condo in Pattaya, I can definitely say that Phuket is far more expensive in general terms, ie eating, property, hotels, and beer !! Bar fines are now going up and girls are asking for more money, Lasy drinks in most basic bars on Bangla now start at 160 baht and some asking 200bht. Last time I was in Patong was October, and was costing around 2000 just a night drinking, whereas same night out in Pattaya is around 1200,( this is for drinks only) .

I would also agree with pattayamick and flanno reference the Aussie invasion and their general behaviour etc, which has put me off Patong. Seen many crowds of what can only be described as "yobbo" behaviour, ( and yes, there are groups of other hobos from other nations, but the increase in Aussies is highly noticeable .