What's with the weather?

Kenny202

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We generally get a week or two, sometimes three of weather like this. However it is usually earlier. I was just going through some old pictures of all of the family, in our indoor common room huddling around a Korean Barbeque, not for cooking, but for heat. I looked at the date. March 30th 2011. I remember that year, it was very cold late in the year. Usually the end of March is the beginning of the hot season. For the record I hate, hate, hate, the cold. 30c to 35c is my preferable temperature range. I will never complain about the hot days, 35c plus we have, I may remark, but not complain, because I'd far rather it was 40c than 10c, but that's me.

Edited by Issangeorge

.....El Nino ???...

...something not right here...

...and it's NOT 'Global Warming'...

Well, this depend s on what scientist you talk to. One possible consequence of GW is that as the arctic becomes a little warmer any melting eventually flows into warmer seas making those northern seas currents cooler. The wind, produced by the Norther/Southern Jet Streams, picks that up thus cooler temperatures flows inland and of course it has 'knock on' effects. However, some scientists believe it is a consequence of El Nino which then affects the Jet Streams causing cooler weather to move south. But if all the ice were to melt then the cooling process would stop and all places would become warmer. This is just a general picture and doesn't apply everywhere and are still heated debates (pardon the pun) on this. The root cause is even more polemical, Ha!

post-247031-0-21965200-1453694679_thumb.

post-247031-0-32643200-1453694707_thumb.

Lucky me. I travelled to Pattaya yesterday.

So I enjoy the "mild" 17 C this morning tongue.png

During the trip I used the heater in my car until noon.

At home (west of Khon Kaen) temperatures around 10 C or below.

Daily max. yesterday 17 C!

Since I know about/visit/live in Thailand this is a first timer.

I remember cold days with just over 20 C but not with wind and rain.

But 17 C never.

The cold seems to affect large parts of SEA.

Record snowfall in North Vietnam etc.

Your car has a heater?! cheesy.gif OK, I know it can get cool up North but I haven't seen a vehicle with a heater in 2 years here!

But 17 C never.

The heater in your car? You are lucky to have one. Most of the cars in Thailand don't have the red zone on the temperature control knob.

the thais were looking at me as if i was stupid,out walking the dog at 6am.i had to put a shirt on.

and the dog loved it. MORE PLEASE

My neighbours would look too if a put a shirt on the dog. At least your dog loves being clothed. wink.png

Quote------- "the cold is coming from China"----------- Do immigration not check suitcases of these people when they come incoffee1.gif

I'd stick to model planes,your attempt at humour is futile to say the least.

I signed in just to give bb a like.

LOL, I did biggrin.png

But 17 C never.

Your car has a heater?! cheesy.gif OK, I know it can get cool up North but I haven't seen a vehicle with a heater in 2 years here!

You have to look harder wink.png

My Mazda 2 from 2011 has a heater (switch off AC, turn knob clockwise).

And I bet that many other cars have because they simply don't do variations with/without heater.

The cars are exported all over SEA (at least).

You won't like a car without heater in northern Laos or Vietnam.

Edited by KhunBENQ

But 17 C never.

The heater in your car? You are lucky to have one. Most of the cars in Thailand don't have the red zone on the temperature control knob.

The recirculate control on my Lancer goes up to 31 degrees. Very useful when it gets this cold but no heating in the house of course so out with the duvet!

The reason is because of Global Warming Dummies!!

If people were just prepared to pay more money into a privately held "Carbon Bank" then the weather would be just blissful everyday. It would be like living in a Stepford Wives movie. I am starting my own Private Carbon bank and for every one million dollars i receive I will plant ONE tree on land in Africa that I have kicked the natives off.

There are no heaters in my house and the only solution is to turn off the air con. At least the windows are already closed

Not saying you're uninformed or anything like that, but have you checked to see if you can also use your air con as a heater? Some you can, some you can't, but many people don't know about this. Sometimes if you just turn it on and just crank the temp up to about 27 deg. it will warm the area up...for awhile.

It's fweezing!

Gonna take a hot shower and get under the covers with a good book!

Maybe take a hot shower and get under the covers with a hot lady?...just sayin'...don't have one?..can always rent one. All kidding aside, this may sound a bit twisted, but I have a friend who "rented" a lady for two nights for this express purpose ONLY, as a heater. He's a bit older, and has no 'other' interest in that regard. I told him he could have moved into a warm hotel room for about the same price. He said it wasn't the same...hmmm, could be right.

Checking the TV news and weather, they report a cold snap has hit East and S.E Asia, with many dying, either directly from the cold or from heart failure. They have advised people at risk of heart disease etc to keep temperatures at orcabove 18.C.

Feel sorry for the Hill Tribes people who I try to supply blankets and clothes too.