Best alternative to iPad?

cheeryble

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy another ipad that has never had a screen replacement. Ipad is best, it cannot compare to any other tablet...

Nonsense, the Samsung Galaxy S or S2 are brilliant tablets and imo better than the ipad

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 9.7. Better screen and better built than the iPad.

Interesting..

I made a big mistake and bought my wife an ipad2 ....and now she needs a phone.

I was looking at the samsung s2 with 8 inch screen. It has phone capability...and is 8000 baht.

8 megapix cam is enough...tried it out. It's pretty quick, looks good, very thin....apps load fast.

Not many of us play elaborate games....so android is just great for videos, photos, browsing, music and tooling around with.

Big savings compared to apple.

Easily carried...the ipad 2 is bulkier. battery life is fine. two or three days of moderate use before recharging. We all are smart enough to know that bluetooth and wifi eat up your charge.....so turn those features off if you just want to use a text editor to write emails. When that's all done...turn on wifi and send them off.

As the Galaxy S2 9.7 is made of plastic and the iPad is made of aluminium, I am just curious why you think the Samsung is better built?

I must've got a special one as I am sitting here looking at a beautiful piece of chamfered aluminium surrounding my screen.

Check the price of the iPad Mini 2 - 32Gb from the Apple website. That's the best deal.

You're going to be disappointed with the android apps.

Are you saying that from recent experience or from almost a decade ago when Android had less apps than IOS? Honestly I don't see much difference between my kid's I-pad apps and my Android apps. The only major issue to me is using i-Tunes which is a terrible experience compared to Google Play Store.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I have always thought that aluminium would constitute better build quality than plastic, although carbon fibre composite might be nice as well.

I was just having a look at several reviews of the Galaxy S2 9.7 last week, and they all mentioned a plastic back. Do they offer an aluminium option as well?

• 4 months later...
iTunes is a nightmare i would never touch an iPad. The Samsung Galaxy S tabs are great. I have the S 8.4 and 10.5 love them. Look on Lazada they are selling them really cheap now.

Obviously you've never owned an iPad then. I think I've opened iTunes once in the past year to update IOS rather than do it over wifi. Other than that I don't need to open it.

19 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Obviously you've never owned an iPad then. I think I've opened iTunes once in the past year to update IOS rather than do it over wifi. Other than that I don't need to open it.

Obviously you have never tried to transfer files and photos to and from your iPad. Yes i did own one, it WAS a nightmare.

Edited by Henryford

Obviously you have never tried to transfer files and photos to and from your iPad. Yes i did own one, it WAS a nightmare.

Obviously you haven't a clue that there are many other ways to do this. Ever heard of lightning connector flash drive, like sandisk ixpand? Plenty of other ways too.

I have never purchased any music or videos off iTunes in 6 years. All my photos sync through iCloud on all devices. I watch downloaded content on my iPad directly from my ixpand, if I'm not streaming Netflix etc.

A very strange definition of a nightmare. As the previous poster has said there are numerous ways of doing this but it depends what you want to transfer to. Third party apps, hardware like the XPand, options like Airdrop within IOS, bluetooth, Wifi or simply the lightning cable.

A very strange definition of a nightmare. As the previous poster has said there are numerous ways of doing this but it depends what you want to transfer to. Third party apps, hardware like the XPand, options like Airdrop within IOS, bluetooth, Wifi or simply the lightning cable.

Cheers. I'm not wanting to get into an argument with Henryford, just winding him up a bit but there are plenty of options out there for doing this...