One-Year Retirement Visa

I'm applying for a one year retirement visa: I understand most of the requirement, but wondered about what is needed in the "letter from your bank", is it conformation

1. That I'm the holder of the account

2. The amount deposited on the date of the letter,

3. Anything else?

I assume I get the letter drafted ideally on the day of application or will the day before be OK? Does anyone have a standard format? I'm with Bangkok Bank.

Is this the latest requiremnt list?

ONE-YEAR RETIREMENT VISA
Requirements:

• Must be 50 years old and above
  • Passport (signed copies of each page)
  • Non-Immigrant Visa
  • Departure Card TM.6
  • Proof of meeting Financial Requirements
  • Thai Bank Book (original)
  • Letter from your Thai Bank
  • Three(3) 4×5 cm photos, with full face taken

I was thinking on the visa extension to make it based on marriage rather than retirement, does any think this would pose and issues? (I doing the retirement visa this time because its easier, so I am told).

You are applying for a 12 month extension, not a Visa.

The Marriage Extension is slightly more difficult but requires lower financials in the bank.

The bank letter just verifies the balance. They will know what to do.

You will probably also need to provide proof of address.

Edited by Lite Beer

IF you are making the application in Chaeng Wattana (Bangkok area) Bangkok Bank has a branch down on the ground floor of that building that will provide the letter you need in 15 minutes for the sum of 100 Baht.

You will need your Bangkok Bank passbook, and your passport ( for identification).

They do a computer form letter and print you a copy for immigration.

Depending on the amount of customers waiting it can be done in 15 minutes or less.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

You can obtain letter prior if you don't want to do it on the day at cw. However you will need to show balance in bankbook on the day. Just deposit say 100baht.

Also didn't notice you mention your proof of where you live such as lease.

• Like 1

Thanks all

My current business visa is linked to BOI scheme, so when I leave the company the visa will be cancelled. Hence I need a new visa, not an extension. On Friday saw Chacheonsao immigration who told me what I need to do in broad terms, but now I'm trying to get into the details so it goes smoothly, my bank is in Kabinburi so they might not be experinced like BKK.

Thanks all

My current business visa is linked to BOI scheme, so when I leave the company the visa will be cancelled. Hence I need a new visa, not an extension. On Friday saw Chacheonsao immigration who told me what I need to do in broad terms, but now I'm trying to get into the details so it goes smoothly, my bank is in Kabinburi so they might not be experinced like BKK.

You will just apply for a new extension after your current one is cancelled. To get a new visa would require leaving the country and going to an embassy or consulate..

Regarding "proof of where you live" I have actually a "yellow house" book in my name, I understand that these are only normally issued where you have a residence visa, evenso i have one. I live at home with the family, I did buy a car on finanace so that should have my address.

OP you need to obtain a non imm o based on retirement. This you obtain outside los. This gives you 90 days during that time you will apply for a 12 month extension. At the extension time you will need to have proof of where you live. Obviously check which consulates provide non umm o. Vientiane is a popular choice

You are extending your permission to stay. Not a Visa.

Yellow Tabbien Baan will not be accepted as proof of address.

You need documents from the house owner.

I had same confusion. He needs a new visa. He can obtain a non o outside thailand and then apply for his 12 month extension down the track. At that point he will need his proof of where he is living.

Is there a link to the list here somewhere of documents needed for extension of stay?

I searched and this was the closest I got.

I have a yellow tambien ban book and can make copies of my wife's blue book. I'm doing it with a affidavit of income from the embassy like I did last year.

Does it matter if I go alone, or should I bring my wife?

Is there a link to the list here somewhere of documents needed for extension of stay?

I searched and this was the closest I got.

I have a yellow tambien ban book and can make copies of my wife's blue book. I'm doing it with a affidavit of income from the embassy like I did last year.

Does it matter if I go alone, or should I bring my wife?

I think it was pretty well covered in this topic,

For income some odd offices want back up proof for the income affidavit.

For proof of residence your yellow book should be enough but your wife's to go with it would be good to have also.

Dependent upon the office they might want a TM30 form also.

It does not matter if your wife goes with your or not,

You can obtain letter prior if you don't want to do it on the day at cw. However you will need to show balance in bankbook on the day. Just deposit say 100baht.

Also didn't notice you mention your proof of where you live such as lease.

For my last retirement extension (my 5th), I made a 100 baht withdrawal from the Bangkok Bank in the basement at CW, got the bank letter for 100 baht, and also asked for a list of bank transactions for the prior 3 months showing where I had transferred 800,000 baht from overseas, which the bank provided free of charge. I don't update my passbook very often and the officer had asked to see this the year before. It was late in the afternoon, the bank had just closed for the day, and I had to come back the next day because of this. They would like to see that you're not working. This time I was prepared.

Pretty sure you don't need to show where money came from for extension. You do for your non O retirement at cw if you are transferring from say a setv to non imm o

Edited by jacksam

do you actually need to show a "lease", i'm on a month to month rental basis at my condo, they are happy to write me a letter, as to where i'm staying, but it is NOT a "lease" per se .....

You can have a basic rental agreement that is on a month to month basis,