Chinese New Year 2016 Feb 8-10

Tywais

I had a stiff drink then proceeded to Wararot Mkt. last night to buy some dinner, I was impressed that they seem to have expanded from previous years, more of everything, quite colorful, 3 stages and tons of food. It was interesting to observe the difference in style and behavior between Thai and Chin, especially while watching a performance on a small stage, the Thais almost always would bow down when passing in front of other spectators, quite concious of others, the Chins seem oblivious.... different culture. I was there early evening and it was crowded but not overwhelming, a good vibe lots of smiles and cute kids in costumes.

The best performances only start after 10 pm till midnight, usually with acrobatic act lions dance on high metal columns and a long lighted up Dragon carried by 20 people climbing high up in the sky. Both are very impressive. Edited by only1

the celebration needed something, not sure what it was. could start with some larger fireworks to draw more people.

Ya, but this is Thailand where people are extremely helpfully helpless. Appointments cannot be trusted,information always incomplete.

Edited by only1