Aussie music legend Molly Meldrum hospitalised after Bangkok tumble

webfact

Aussie music legend Molly Meldrum hospitalised after Bangkok tumble
by STAFF WRITER

molly-meldrum.jpg

BANGKOK: -- 72-year old Molly Meldrum, a veteran of the Australian music industry, has been hospitalised after falling out of a taxi outside his Bangkok hotel.

The journalist, record producer and stetson-wearing, all-round musical entrepreneur is becoming well known for his clumsy accidents.

“I’m a walking disaster,” he reportedly said. “I’m with the doctors now, they’re trying to put everything back together.”

“I’m not sure what it was, but I slipped on something on the ground and fell on the footpath, but I’m OK,” Meldrum reassured his well-wishers.

The former host of Countdown certainly has form in this area.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/aussie-music-legend-molly-meldrum-hospitalised-after-bangkok-tumble/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-01-26

A few stubbies down at the boozer, Cobba steps out the cab and slips on his plugger and Bob's yer uncle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blink.png

1) Translation?

2) Please identify geographical source of English language? (And don't blame something this weird on the Aussies).

A few stubbies down at the boozer, Cobba steps out the cab and slips on his plugger and Bob's yer uncle!

blink.png

1) Translation?

2) Please identify geographical source of English language? (And don't blame something this weird on the Aussies).

Easy

It's Queensland speak.

"after falling out of a taxi outside his Bangkok hotel"

and

"Im not sure what it was, but I slipped on something on the ground and fell on the footpath, but Im OK, Meldrum reassured his well-wishers"

So what is it exactly, I personally find the second a tad more likely than the first.

How does one fall out of a taxi ?

Edited by sjaak327

and

"Im not sure what it was, but I slipped on something on the ground and fell on the footpath, but Im OK, Meldrum reassured his well-wishers"

So what is it exactly, I personally find the second a tad more likely than the first.

Often when one is Brahms and Liszt.

Aussie Music Legend??

For those not in the know he was a very popular host of a show called Countdown which was on the ABC from the mid 70's to late 80's from memory ( not that dissimilar in format to Later with Joules Holland) EXCEPT "Molly" was not a musician well, expect for his peccadillo for blowing other blokes trouser Flutes!

He introduced the world to AC/DC, as well as Dragon, Reene Gayer and a few other iconic acts than never quite made it internationally.

Great timing , falling over (preferably pissed) is a great Australia Day tradition

blink.png

1) Translation?

Easy

It's Queensland speak.

I've been educated - I thought banana benders could only communicate in grunts.

and

"How does one fall out of a taxi?"

There is no answer to that question, but it happens to someone, somewhere many times a day.

and

"How does one fall out of a taxi?"

There is no answer to that question, but it happens to someone, somewhere many times a day.

Gravity

blink.png

1) Translation?

We live in an international world and you can't understand that?

Stubbies - small bottles of beer

Boozer - bar or pub

Cobba - man

Plugger or Pluggers - flip flops / thongs / Havaianas

Bob's yer Uncle - Robert is your Uncle (there you have it)

For the record I've never been to Australia.