Lawyers Council to appeal Koh Tao convicts’ death sentence

webfact

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Myanmar’s ambassador to Thailand, U Win Maung, yesterday met with Law Society president Dej-Udom Krairit to discuss an appeal in the Koh Tao

double-murder case.”

The verdict was not final. The two defendants have a chance to appeal for a reconsideration by higher courts. It could take one to three years for

the Appeals Court to reconsider a verdict of the primary court, Dej-Udom said.”

http://www.asianews.network/content/law-society-talks-possible-appeal-koh-tao-case-myanmar-envoy-6503

Tom Cahill and greenchair,

Have you not read this today? ..........The appeal is against CONVICTION AND SENTENCE.....Enclosed also is a link for you. It is in the English language. The story below is copy and pasted for your benefit. As I have said before, there is nothing sinister in applying for an extension, it is common practice between prosecution and defence in Thailand. It means nothing at all. You have had the New Year break etc and to take into consideration the speed that things progress in Thailand.

I am not trying to change your minds but you should at least be sticking to the facts of what is and isn't said before writing and insisting that they have only appealed the death penalty which is simply untrue.

BANGKOK — Two Myanmar men sentenced to death last month for killing two British tourists in 2014 are being singled out for mistreatment in prison, their lawyer said yesterday.

Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo are forced to wear shackles and remain in their cell 24 hours a day, according to lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat, who said he will file an appeal of their conviction some time in February after being granted an extension by the court.

“Their condition is good. They can watch TV, but they have some problems: They have to wear shackles 24 hours a day,” Nakhon said Tuesday. “We will campaign against this. We won’t only do it for them; this is about principles. The way they treated [Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo] is not in prison regulations. They claim it's a security measure."

The two Myanmar men are being held at a prison in Nakhon Si Thammarat province.

Full story: http://www.khaosoden...ate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-27

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Have you not read this today? ..........The appeal is against CONVICTION AND SENTENCE.....Enclosed also is a link for you. It is in the English language. The story below is copy and pasted for your benefit.

.BANGKOK — Two Myanmar men sentenced to death last month for killing two British tourists in 2014 are being singled out for mistreatment in prison, their lawyer said yesterday.

Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo are forced to wear shackles and remain in their cell 24 hours a day, according to lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat, who said he will file an appeal of their conviction some time in February after being granted an extension by the court.

“Their condition is good. They can watch TV, but they have some problems: They have to wear shackles 24 hours a day,” Nakhon said Tuesday. “We will campaign against this. We won’t only do it for them; this is about principles. The way they treated [Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo] is not in prison regulations. They claim it's a security measure."

kse.png

BANGKOK — Two Myanmar men sentenced to death last month for killing two British tourists in 2014 are being singled out for mistreatment in prison, their lawyer said yesterday.

I hardly think this comes anywhere close to bludgeoning 2 people to death and gang raping Hannagh, do you?

I hope they suffer a little bit and lose some dignity as they have destroyed two families lives - not that one of them realises this!!

Have you not read this today? ..........The appeal is against CONVICTION AND SENTENCE.....Enclosed also is a link for you. It is in the English language. The story below is copy and pasted for your benefit.

.BANGKOK — Two Myanmar men sentenced to death last month for killing two British tourists in 2014 are being singled out for mistreatment in prison, their lawyer said yesterday.

kse.png

I hardly think this comes anywhere close to bludgeoning 2 people to death and gang raping Hannagh, do you?

I hope they suffer a little bit and lose some dignity as they have destroyed two families lives - not that one of them realises this!!

You missed this bit

Nakhon Chompuchat, who said he will file an appeal of their conviction some time in February after being granted an extension by the court.

Have you not read this today? ..........The appeal is against CONVICTION AND SENTENCE.....Enclosed also is a link for you. It is in the English language. The story below is copy and pasted for your benefit. As I have said before, there is nothing sinister in applying for an extension, it is common practice between prosecution and defence in Thailand. It means nothing at all. You have had the New Year break etc and to take into consideration the speed that things progress in Thailand.

I am not trying to change your minds but you should at least be sticking to the facts of what is and isn't said before writing and insisting that they have only appealed the death penalty which is simply untrue.

kse.png

Scouse - your posts are very refreshing, informative and a pleasure to read. I would just say don't waste your intelligence and time responding to certain individuals.

I answered in another post today on TV in another thread.

It states as I said it would. that the defence is appealing the CONVICTION. If you appeal the CONVICTION, you are obviously appealing the death sentence and verdict of the court of first instance.

So greenchair it looks like the point has been clarified.

Yes but he won`t let a mere technicality like the truth stop him,

Would you hope they suffer if they're innocent of any crimes?

It's clear you think they're guilty, and are fully aligned with mega-rich and well-connected Thai officialdom in that view. It's just a bit surprising that you're so sure of their guilt - if you've been objectively reading the many posts on T.Visa, as I have.

Still using the same Defense that didn't bring the truthers hero Jane Taupin to the stand ?

The one that was going to blow the Dna Evidence out the water ?

Well at least the prosecution won't be having any sleepless nights unlike the Rakhine rapists shackled in there cell.24/7

It doesn't matter what the Trolls say.

They make up a story that the defense is only appealing the death sentence, and then compound their own fabricated "fact", saying it speaks volumes. facepalm.gif

They will all have egg on their faces in due course.

The lawyers, along with the support of the Myanmar Government, are appealing the convictions because they believe the accused are innocent.

Fact.

Edited by iReason

It's as plain as daylight that Panya knows who the real murderers are, but he won't be coming clean any time soon. His life in Thailand would be over (if he actually managed to get out alive) if he did. Look what happened to the cop who exposed the people-smuggling corruption. The Mafia are running the country at the moment. People mess with them at their peril.

kse.png

You are totally right. We all agree that the people who are responsible for the deaths of David and Hannah should rot in hell.

Sadly you along with less than 1% of the worlds population that know about this case are happy for their murderers to carry on like nothing happened.

I hope if the day comes that those who committee the crimes fess up, you along with the rest of your ilk will accept to spend as long in leg irons in some shitty jail as the Burmese have.

It's as plain as daylight that Panya knows who the real murderers are, but he won't be coming clean any time soon. His life in Thailand would be over (if he actually managed to get out alive) if he did. Look what happened to the cop who exposed the people-smuggling corruption. The Mafia are running the country at the moment. People mess with them at their peril.

Yes, that policeman is seeking asylum down under.

My question is of Panya's whereabouts only?

If anyone knows of anything credible PM me please.

Yes, that policeman is seeking asylum down under.

My question is of Panya's whereabouts only?

If anyone knows of anything credible PM me please.

I know this is from last year, but it's 6 months after he was taken off the Koh Tao case:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-probing-monks-murder-eye-former-local-polit-30255928.html

"Prayuth, who seized power in a coup last year, is known for his mercurial outbursts and often colorful statements."

"In the days and weeks after the Koh Tao murders, Prayuth ordered the police to make swift arrests, fearful of the impact the killings might have on the vital tourism industry."

"He frequently aired his own opinions about who might be guilty, saying it was unlikely a Thai could carry out such a grisly murder."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/29/prayuth-hits-back-critics-koh-tao-verdict

"Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has said:"

"They think our country is beautiful and is safe so they can do whatever they want, they wear bikinis and walk everywhere.”

"Can they be safe in bikinis... unless they are not beautiful?"

"We have to look into the behavior of the other party too because this kind of incident should not happen to anybody and it has affected our image"

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/thailand-murders-prime-minister-prayuth-chan-ocha-says-only-ugly-girls-are-safe-bikinis-1466027

Team Leader: 'Ok team, today's theme is Righteous Indignation.'

Team: 'Got it boss.'

"Zaw Lin and Wei Phyo are murderous rapists"

"I hope they suffer a little bit and lose some dignity"

"the Rakhine rapists"

"These criminals will have a chance to prepare for their death"

"These criminals now have organized campaigns of propaganda to build sympathy for them"

They're not exactly subtle in their tactics are they? :D

Does anyone know of former Commander Panya's whereabouts?

In my view, he is the one with the key.

I think Panya is a good water carrier boy. He certainly doesn't want to rock the boat of conventionalism by speaking out about what he knows. Maintaining his salary is paramount. While he was trying to do a decent job as initial head investigator, he was under extreme pressure from his Bkk betters to;

A. arrest suspects very quickly because tourism would suffer by any delay, and

B. Don't touch the Toovichiens or their buddies.

Regarding 'A': we farang know that tourism doesn't suffer if there's an ongoing professional investigation. Tourism suffers when scapegoats are nailed and VIP are unfairly let off the hook, and vicious murderers are allowed to roam at will. Thais don't know that. Regarding 'B': Panya started out by following where the clues led and announced they had prime suspects and were ready to arrest them. Very soon after that he was put in the anvil of reality, with the Toovichiens on one side and BKK top brass (incl. the PM) on the other side.

He got yanked off the case - given a Bkk desk job and a raise and told to keep quiet forever about the case. He may have also got a giant gift from the Headman or Mon, possible transferred to him by NS's lawyer (the lawyer is lifelong friends with NS's mother). We'll probably never know because top brass police obviously don't want any meddling in such things. Are they going to investigate possible bribe taking within their own ranks? Are they going to bust themselves? You tell me.

Would you hope they suffer if they're innocent of any crimes?

It's clear you think they're guilty, and are fully aligned with mega-rich and well-connected Thai officialdom in that view. It's just a bit surprising that you're so sure of their guilt - if you've been objectively reading the many posts on T.Visa, as I have.

Lucky11 is another pro junta troll. In fact I think he's a watered down alt of another famous troll on here.

I've been wrong about several predictions thus far, re; this case, but I'll venture forth again:

I think this case will keep ballooning in significance. Regardless of what resolves at the upcoming appeal, it will go to the next and last level: Supreme court appeal.

Beyond that (and this is wishful thinking on my part), there will be some house-cleaning of RTP. It won't be by RTP, because they're incapable of cleaning up the messes in their ranks. Perhaps it will be with the next (elected?!) government. And perhaps that part of the reason the self-appointed PM keeps postponing elections. The latest from his sage lips is summer of 2017. He should know, if there's a real objective and thorough investigation of this case, he himself could be looked at. However, that would entail a somewhat objective oversight committee, and that sort of beast doesn't exist in Thailand. However, it's not unheard of. There was a similar case, year ago in Bkk, where a farang backpacker got murdered while taking a taxi ride. The first trial dealt with scapegoats. The 2nd trial nailed the real perps. The head cop who was overseeing the whole things was called to answer questions. He took his money and bolted, last heard was residing comfortably in Miami and, or course, Thai authorities aren't even looking for him. To quote Yogi Berra: "this could be deja vu all over again." I hope so, except for the part where the chief corrupt investigator grabs all his riches and successfully splits. That's why I was suggesting last year that all top brass involved with this case should have their passports confiscated, until they're cleared of wrongdoing. I would name names, but that could get me in trouble.

I think Panya is a good water carrier boy. He certainly doesn't want to rock the boat of conventionalism by speaking out about what he knows. Maintaining his salary is paramount. While he was trying to do a decent job as initial head investigator, he was under extreme pressure from his Bkk betters to;

Regarding 'A': we farang know that tourism doesn't suffer if there's an ongoing professional investigation. Tourism suffers when scapegoats are nailed and VIP are unfairly let off the hook, and vicious murderers are allowed to roam at will. Thais don't know that. Regarding 'B': Panya started out by following where the clues led and announced they had prime suspects and were ready to arrest them. Very soon after that he was put in the anvil of reality, with the Toovichiens on one side and BKK top brass (incl. the PM) on the other side.

He got yanked off the case - given a Bkk desk job and a raise and told to keep quiet forever about the case. He may have also got a giant gift from the Headman or Mon, possible transferred to him by NS's lawyer (the lawyer is lifelong friends with NS's mother). We'll probably never know because top brass police obviously don't want any meddling in such things. Are they going to investigate possible bribe taking within their own ranks? Are they going to bust themselves? You tell me.

The anvil of reality? ... and, as the saying often goes, "You can't make this stuff up."

Edited by JLCrab

C'mon pal, I just wish to know of his whereabouts?

It's a pretty basic question.

Don't worry, I'm on your side but have really had enough of super sleuths and shills.

kse.png

Thanks for pointing out what I suspected from the beginning. Of course this member greenchair jumped in within 5 minutes of the OP to define it, as it turns out incorrectly, as appealing only the sentence. This is what marks this member--to me--as someone trying to push an agenda rather than trying to honestly debate based on facts.

^^^

It's called misdirection Papi.

Weak attempts at distorting Facts.

And boringly predictable.

Troll:

"One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way,
listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers."
"He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."
Sound familier? Textbook.

^^^

It's called misdirection Papi.

Weak attempts at distorting Facts.

And boringly predictable.

Troll:

"One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way,
listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers."
"He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."
Sound familier? Textbook.

Yep, just pointing out the rather obvious. I was going to comment earlier so will now that I appreciate your posting the various news stories etc you have to counteract the twisting of events/statements with the original and accurate statements of fact or opinion when they were reported on.