Help with visa extension for mother...

thaiatheart

My mother, who went to Thailand with us almost 2 months ago and remained there when we came home would like to extend her stay for a few weeks. She is there on a 60 day tourist visa. She won't be there longer than another 30 days. So - what is the process for her? Where does she need to go? What does she need?

My mother is 76 years old, so I'd prefer for her not to have to sit in an immigration office for hours on end. If that is her fate, can someone point me to a service that I can hook her up with that would make that process easier for a fee.

Thanks.

Hi Thaiatheart,

Would recommend Assist Thai Visa for helping. There is another agency called G4T but have known many who have had problems with this agency. Assist Thai is in the ChiangmaiLand area of Chiang Mai; just off Chang Klan road I believe.

Yes, Assist Thai Visa is very good: http://assistthaivisa.com/ They're in Chiang Mai Land and would give her a ride from their office out to Immigration Promenada after having gotten a queue ticket for her.

Another good agency is O.S. Thai Visa, located on the other side of town, on one of the Nimmanhaemin sois: http://www.chiangmaivisaservice.com/ They'd also give her a ride out to Imm. Promenada.

It's really a matter of which agent -- Assist Thai Visa or OS Thai Visa, is more convenient to where she is staying.

G4T the "visa agent" next to Immigration at Promenada Mall could also do it, but your mom would have to get herself out to the mall and figure out where the Immigration office is located and then find the nearly unmarked office of G4T and hope it's not a day when there's been a crack-down and questions asked about why there's a visa agency on Immigration property and thus G4T decided to close for the day. It's happened in the past.

As NancyL has said there is also the option of OS Thai visa, didn't suggest them as have had bad experiences with them in the past and have found Assist to be more reliable; however will stop there as would not want to hijack another's post and each to their own.

G4T however I would not recommended; for reasons which you can see in many places on this site. Principals over costs.