How does Thailand rank globally for corruption?

webfact

Considering the junta said corruption was the #1 reason for them committing the coup, they have some serious humble pie eating to do.

Or perhaps, could it be possible, maybe, that the reason behind it was not corruption???????????????

Anyway be thankful the 'good' people are in control now! You know, the ones that aren't corrupt (Ratjaphak) & don't lie (there won't be a coup/ I won't give price supports).

Ranked 76th now and was 88th in 2013.

You fell for the headline hook, line and sinker. Nothing has changed here. Thailand's score has remained the same. This means that statistically in terms of fighting corruption, no one government is better than another. Forget the rank it's meaningless.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joyce Cary may have never had the opportunity to make a prediction based on prior knowledge and then corroborate the results to see if she hit the mark.

There is a vast different between being ignorant and acting as though you are knowledgeable (Cary's assertion), and being knowledgeable and using that knowledge as a focused lens to pierce the veil of ignorance.

I know who the stakeholders are in TI. The prediction was easy to discern and accurate based on TI's own data.

However, there is truth in Joyce Cary's quote, but simply not in the manner in which it was presented.

You claim to know who the stakeholders are in TI. Do you know them personally?

More important, do you find fault with the methodology that TI uses to measure corruption? Do you have a better methodology? Can you give us a more credible measure?

Yes I do. Have you done your homework? You have not, have you? Your play is a fools play.

Do your research if you have the intellectual ability to do so. although I've my doubts.

I've done mine.

If you have something to say, say it, source it, and and then provide analysis. Otherwise? Troll elsewhere.

More innuendo, and precious little substance. If you're going to impugn the motive of an organization, you're going to have to go beyond some vague notion of "I know who the stakeholders are in TI" but I'm not going to tell you...you have to do your own research. That is a vacuous argument.

I only hear the pot calling the kettle black. I see no substance in your posts other then lame innuendo. TI.org is in a public domain. Anyone who can get off their lazy duff can validate who the stakeholders are and map out the interconnections between corporate broad members and other industry and governmental entities and NGOs. I'm not doing your homework for you Sunshine, and I'm not explaining what can be found in public records. If you're incapable of understanding, that isn't my problem. Your unwillingness to investigate on your own is itself a vacuous argument. Start here and do your own work: https://www.transparency.org/whoweare/history/. If your next post isn't pointing to specific, substantial issues regarding TI.org and their membership and the connection of their membership to The World Bank , et. al., your doing naught but trolling, and I've no use for lame trolls who have opinions but no education or scholarship.. Anyway, we're done here. Flip your trolling gear into a different pond. You'll get no bites here.

Yes I do. Have you done your homework? You have not, have you? Your play is a fools play.

Do your research if you have the intellectual ability to do so. although I've my doubts.

I've done mine.

If you have something to say, say it, source it, and and then provide analysis. Otherwise? Troll elsewhere.

More innuendo, and precious little substance. If you're going to impugn the motive of an organization, you're going to have to go beyond some vague notion of "I know who the stakeholders are in TI" but I'm not going to tell you...you have to do your own research. That is a vacuous argument.

I only hear the pot calling the kettle black. I see no substance in your posts other then lame innuendo. TI.org is in a public domain. Anyone who can get off their lazy duff can validate who the stakeholders are and map out the interconnections between corporate broad members and other industry and governmental entities and NGOs. I'm not doing your homework for you Sunshine, and I'm not explaining what can be found in public records. If you're incapable of understanding, that isn't my problem. Your unwillingness to investigate on your own is itself a vacuous argument. Start here and do your own work: https://www.transparency.org/whoweare/history/. If your next post isn't pointing to specific, substantial issues regarding TI.org and their membership and the connection of their membership to The World Bank , et. al., your doing naught but trolling, and I've no use for lame trolls who have opinions but no education or scholarship.. Anyway, we're done here. Flip your trolling gear into a different pond. You'll get no bites here.

Basic rules of argument: given that you made the assertion, the onus is on you to prove it. You have not done that, so your argument is empty.

"You'll get no bites here"

Oh really? cheesy.gif

Edited by phoenixdoglover

Considering the junta said corruption was the #1 reason for them committing the coup, they have some serious humble pie eating to do.

Or perhaps, could it be possible, maybe, that the reason behind it was not corruption???????????????

Anyway be thankful the 'good' people are in control now! You know, the ones that aren't corrupt (Ratjaphak) & don't lie (there won't be a coup/ I won't give price supports).

Ranked 76th now and was 88th in 2013.

Which bit are you having trouble with ?. They can't do any better because the country is full of people with attitudes like yours.

What really proves it to the rest of us is how the park is a minor example in the scheme of Thai government corruption yet it is the only one you have so you use it again and again.

Nobody is denying the Junta are as corrupt as everyone else in Thailand - but they are a step up from the ridiculous free-for-all we saw from your dirty cronies - and who you strangely did not take any exception to. And I bet you don't even see your double standard.gigglem.gif

What a joke you people are, No wonder this country is a big mess and going nowhere.

Thailand had a score of 38 in 2015 and a score of 38 in 2014. Which bit are you having trouble with? Just because other countries have done worse doesn't mean Thailand has done better.

Can you prove that the junta isn't more corrupt than the elected government? Probably not, junta censorship makes that almost impossible.

What a joke fans of autocracy are. Clearly they don't want this country to go anywhere.