Do thai atm cards + mobile banking work outside thailand ?

I have used my Bangkok Bank ATM card on many occasions in Cambodia and Malaysia. Did not do any online banking on those trips, so I couldn't say.

My BB ATM card is chip type as opposed to magnetic strip.

I have already been told it only works within Thailand on BB machines.

How about yours?

Chipped card will only work at BB atms,so wont work outside Thailand.I transfer from chipped acc. to ordinary card acc and that works fine.

My KK bank debit card works in Sweden and Denmark. I did have to try many different ATM's though.

Online purchasing works but not with pokersites:(

I activated my card for online banking and shopping at my KK ATM.

Hello, no problem, it work. I have 2 main Thai bank accounts with online banking, one with Bangkok Bank and one with SCB. Both are working well outside Thailand. I have been using them in the countries you mentioned + much more. Of course all depend on your internet connection in the country and make sure to have roaming activated before travelling. For the phone, I am with AIS but i am sure it work with any others Thai operators. I am using ibanking to transfer fund within Thailand, pay bills...anything while i am abroad. I am also using a Bangkok Bank Visa credit card online (especially to book flight ticket) which require OTP and work fine. One more thing about ibanking. I am using it through wifi or through mobile data (3G /4G)without issues.

As JPH says above, however, recently after several years using my (SCB) ATM card outwith Thailand it was blocked upon my return. The bank informed me I have to notify them if using outwith Thailand. If you intend using a Thai ATM as your main money source outwith the Kingdom it may be an idea to check with your bank if they need prior notification.

Really? That something new to me. Is it specific to simple "ATM"card only? Mine, both Bangkok Bank and SCB are debit card. I have been using them abroad for years and never been blocked. I might check with my banks anyway.

My card is a debit card also, I've been using it abroad for several years without any hassle. This is the first time I've had any issues and as mentioned my card wasn't blocked until I returned to Thailand. Hopefully just a one off, but the teller at the bank gave the reason above as to why it had been blocked.

Archived