tips for a begginer in Thailand, culture diff., dating ...

Matej

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet nobody has mentioned the old cliche. 'You can take the bargirl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl.'

In many cases it might be true.

Basically it's too late.

The worst thing about bar scene here is wasted potential, youth, health ... of those young girls/women. It's failure of parents, educational system, society, government ... Choose whatever you want.

Arguing that in bars are also good girls doesn't make any sense. Of course there are, but many bad as well. No one is denying that.

Hypothetically, I would prefer an honest bar girl over someone who has real job and whenever I turn around steal from my wallet and/or is a compulsive liar.

Luckily, there are much more options.

Prostitution is everywhere and always will be, but many of those young ladies sitting in bars don't have to be there, but to change that someone would have to stop smiling all the time, address problems and act ...

There are things wrong with being a bar girl.

Bar girls run a greater risk of personal harm, disease, or even death by going out with any customer with the cash.

Prostitution is against the law in most places and averse to the moral codes of most cultures.

Complete BS!

1. Absolutely no evidence of any more risk to a bar girl than any other woman in Thailand. Probably the riskiest activity for any person is riding a m/c.

2. Prostitution is not against the law in Thailand, though many fools will write that it is.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Bar girls run a greater risk of personal harm, disease, or even death by going out with any customer with the cash.

Prostitution is against the law in most places and averse to the moral codes of most cultures.

Complete BS!

1. Absolutely no evidence of any more risk to a bar girl than any other woman in Thailand. Probably the riskiest activity for any person is riding a m/c.

2. Prostitution is not against the law in Thailand, though many fools will write that it is.

Complete BS? You are referring to your post, I see.

Do some research about the physical dangers of prostitution and its legality.

Trust your instincts, if something does not seem right ​with a girl you should trust you initial intuition, it will probably be correct.

Don't do anything that you would not do back in your home country (i.e. buy your girlfriend a house, car, land, etc....).

Have fun be smart, not all the girls are scamming you but as you have discovered some are trying to scam you.

One of the best advice I have seen on TV is don not invest any more money in anything that you can not walk away from tomorrow. Rent, don't buy (houses and other things).

Best of luck.

Complete BS!

Complete BS? You are referring to your post, I see.

Do some research about the physical dangers of prostitution and its legality.

Read too about self-mutilation and the underlying causes. For example:

1. NGO says "cutting" on the rise among prostitutes

2. Prostitution, Power and Freedom (link points to page 39)

"Private Dancer is the bible as far as relationships are concerned."

Sorry but books on dating prostitutes shouldn't be a bible for dating. How Jaded are all of you.

You lost money because you came here with an imperialist attitude and a savior complex. If you treat local women the same as you would back home, then you wouldn't have lost any money. Date women with your social and educational background and stop trying to go "pretty woman" turning prostitutes into socialites.

If you really want to watch movies that represent the culture: Fan Shan(modern love story/friendship), Suriyothai (historical) Sukothai is pretty good also, Nang Nak(ghost movie) I don't do the comedies or the horror/comedies but you will understand their sense of humor more.

Reading books written by foreigners explaining dating, culture, etc. will only give you a jaded experience. Watch what the locals watch, listen to the music they listen to.

Right well then, maybe...Money Number One and Money Still Number One! Don't care which social class and/or education level you're talking about.

555 Just sayin'...cheesy.gif

Read too about self-mutilation and the underlying causes. For example:

1. NGO says "cutting" on the rise among prostitutes

2. Prostitution, Power and Freedom (link points to page 39)

Ahhh yes, NGOs are always to be trusted to tell the truth, even if telling the truth would cut their fat salaries.

Not to mention, books written by feminist social studies professors are completely without agenda.

Trust me, I'm a SJW!

Edited by MaeJoMTB