Chic car rent Phuket/Thailand

flip

Has anybody ever used the Chic car rental company in Phuket/Thailand? (www.chiccarrent.com)

I'm planing to rent a car for about 2/3 weeks when arriving beginning of april at Phuket airport..

Their rates seemed to be very "fair" plus the whole "package" looks quite good actually..!

I haven't really heard about this company but compared to Budget, Sixt etc. they really offering good deals and operating since 2004 already!(about 800 Baht/day for a Honda City for example..)

Any reviews/infos highly appreciated!

Thnx a lot

Chic seems to offer VERY competitive daily rates, but for 2-3 weeks i would just troll around the facebook groups and get a car there. I saw a recent honda city for 17 000b per month which is very good, otherwise you can get older models for 12-13 000b

if 25000b isnt that much for you, the xtrail isnt a great price but the it will be a lot better for you than one of those smaller rentals and it's still pretty cheap compared to what you can find from outside of the country without a thai native.

Chic seems to offer VERY competitive daily rates, but for 2-3 weeks i would just troll around the facebook groups and get a car there. I saw a recent honda city for 17 000b per month which is very good, otherwise you can get older models for 12-13 000b

if 25000b isnt that much for you, the xtrail isnt a great price but the it will be a lot better for you than one of those smaller rentals and it's still pretty cheap compared to what you can find from outside of the country without a thai native.

Yes maybe cheaper, but what sort of insurance cover. Don't know how many times I have asked full insurance and they say yes, but when my wife reads the small print rental contract it's clear that insurance is very limited. I prefer to pay more with one of the major companies who offer real full insurance.

Yes maybe cheaper, but what sort of insurance cover. Don't know how many times I have asked full insurance and they say yes, but when my wife reads the small print rental contract it's clear that insurance is very limited. I prefer to pay more with one of the major companies who offer real full insurance.

i agree LIK.

Phuket is not the place to rent a car without FULL insurance.

Edited by NamKangMan

Chic is ok regarding insurance...93 baht per day extra and u get basic plus optional insurance... but i will go for mobile car rent...very professional, great deals, mostly new cars, fully insurance coverage(also theft etc), free airport pickup plus even a 10% discount, if booking 4 weeks in advance.and mostly important farang owned/farang manager/managing director! Getting a new honda city or nissan almera for about 750 baht a day then, if talking about 3 weeks..(small cars even cheaper!)...think cannot get really better and renting from this "facebook guys" private without mostly even proper insurance etc. ..no thnx!! And the car rental companies offering 24/7 road assistance too!