The Koh Kood Experience

camble

Great photos and information, thank you! Last little undeveloped island in Thailand now. Let's see in 10 years ...

When I came from Singapore Christmas 1968, PhiPhi Island was still pristine. Now it's overrun by tourists, masses of tourists every day. Digital age made that possible.

Edited by Dario
  • Like 2

Great Posts......Looking forward to going in early March.....

Took the family last April. We had a great time.

Rent a little motorbike as between beaches, resorts and restaurants, it can be a little trek. Some of those roads are very hilly, especially on the way to the fisherman's village.

Keep away from Koh Mak ... although beautiful, we got bit to pieces by the sand flies and mosquitoes.

Enjoyed your guide as we contemplated going at Xmas but ended up in Ko Chang because 4 of us and wanted to use our own pickup,not so keen on motorcycles. It's on our list for another time but I'm a keen snorkeller (qualified diver too) . Is there any decent shore based snorkelling from the beach. We had to go on an all day boat trip from Ko Chang,which was really good,to get that .so the only reason to chose Ko khood over Ko Chang would be if this aspect was much better.

Sorry, I can't answer your questions about parking or snorkeling, although I know a few dive companies operate there.

There's a boat taxi service from Koh Chang, leaving daily from Bang Bao, but only available during high season. I believe it starts mid-October. I always go low season for the cheapest rates and low tourist counts, although it rains a lot during low season. For island hopping between Koh Chang, Koh Mak, and Koh Kood, I returned to the mainland each time. Each segment between islands cost about 600 baht, similar to the price of a boat taxi, but took a few hours more. Alternately, it's possible to hire a boat at Bang Bao, for traveling between Koh Chang and either Koh Mak or Koh Kood, if you want to spend the money.

not so special taking into account the hassle it takes to get there.... Much nicer sand on Koh Larn with clean water and just 30 Baht to get there :-)

anyway, great report, thanks for sharing :)
Edited by falang07
  • Like 1

We went there 7 years ago for our honeymoon ..... ended up staying for 3 weeks. Perfect place for people in love, or people looking for solitude and nature.

Sad to see that it has gotten so much busier already though. At the time we were there we hardly saw any other visitors, no restaurants to speak of.

Some nice food could be had in the fishing village next to the OP's resort though.

• Like 1

It's too bad that all the big mouths have to share where the nice little gems are. One of the best parts is being away from people when going to an island.

It seems like every person has a blog and must share their wisdom with the world. And for what? So people will give you 'likes'