Urgent Visa Question

Hi folks arriving in los on the 3rd of May from the uk, departing from los on the 3rd june. Just outside the standard issue on arrival visa- literally by 2 days? Question - Will Immigration allow me into Thailand? If yes, are you sure?? If no, I guess I'm gonna have to get a visa here in the uk before I come, I'm not sure if I've got time to do this by post. Can I go to a Thai embassy in person-seems a heck of a shame if I have to go through all that just for two days more visa cover. Another source says that they definately won't let me in!? Hope someone out there can shed some light on this for me and perhaps give me a concrete answer. Thanks guys n' gals

Thai immigrations won't be a hassle. If you encounter a problem, it will occur when you try to board your flight from the UK to Thailand. The airline is supposed to check that you either have valid Thai visa or an onwards ticket for within that thirty-day period. Best to cover your bases and get that tourist visa in advance.

Thanx for the reply. Is this the case for sure? The ticket agent says 3rd may - 3rd june, no problem on the standard visa I'll get at Thai immigration, my pal says no, you say no. That's two to one. Hmmm. Anyone can give another opinion? Don't have time to post a visa application and the Thai Emb. is a lonnngg way from my home. Thanks again.

Thanx for the reply. Is this the case for sure? The ticket agent says 3rd may - 3rd june, no problem on the standard visa I'll get at Thai immigration, my pal says no, you say no. That's two to one. Hmmm. Anyone can give another opinion? Don't have time to post a visa application and the Thai Emb. is a lonnngg way from my home. Thanks again.

either get your tourist visa in advance or change your airline ticket dates if you want to be sure.

Why can he come in on a 30 day like everyone else?

1. all has has to say to uk immigration is he is going to Lang Kawi for 1 week in the middle of it..

2. Will apply for a 10 day extension when in LOS

3. Plans to go shopping in Singapore

what ever, shouldn't be a problem, I was leaving Uk with a 35 day return ticket, they never asked me a thing, they know how easy it is tio extend and shit

By the way I sent my passport off Special delivery to Thai Consul in Hull last Tuesday, got a visa and had it back on the next Thursday, whole thing 3 days, do you have time for that?

Bash

By the way I sent my passport off Special delivery to Thai Consul in Hull last Tuesday, got a visa and had it back on the next Thursday, whole thing 3 days, do you have time for that?

Bash

that would be the best since he still has 2 weeks before the trip

The Hull office is great - I have applied for visas from there for several years and they have always been very helpful and prompt. I checked with them today re turn around time for postage and processing and they reckon 3 days is standard but of course can't promise. Good service.

Bash

that would be the best since he still has 2 weeks before the trip

Get a visa from Hull and avoid the grief. And it'll be cheaper than an extension in Thailand.

Get a visa from Hull and avoid the grief. And it'll be cheaper than an extension in Thailand.

Agree completely. He has plenty of time. He can only extend here if he gets here and without a visa he may never get on the flight. You meet the requirements with a ticket out within 30 days or you don't fly are the rules. You might be able to talk/spend your way on but why take the chance? Having a visa is the proper method.

Agree completely. He has plenty of time. He can only extend here if he gets here and without a visa he may never get on the flight. You meet the requirements with a ticket out within 30 days or you don't fly are the rules. You might be able to talk/spend your way on but why take the chance? Having a visa is the proper method.

It almost seems as though visa's are infectious. The troubles that some people go through to try to avoid getting one is something else.