A place which offers used engines and installation?

Hi,

I would like to replace my Suzuki Caribian's 1.3L engine to either a Vitara 1600cc or Toyota 3c Turbo Diesel engine.

First question is where exactly should I go to find these engines? I hear alot about Zieang Kong places but can't find any which carry these engines (I called several but nothing in stock), I am confident that there are places which carry many of these engines available at any given time, I simply can't find them.

Also, as replacing this engine requires modifications to several other parts, I would highly appreciate if you could recommend a reliable place which can also offer a competitive rate for the installation (Bangkok area)

A place which can offer the engine and install would be the best solution obviously.

Thank you very much for you help!

Can't answer your question about where to buy.

Just a 'heads up', if you replace the engine you will need to get the new engine number recorded in the car blue book.

Some modifications of engines, suspension or new paint color and more also need to be recorded in the blue book.

Some modifications are illegal.

Good luck.

go to the soi's around here and ask around for the engine you are looking for, many engine shops selling second hand motors

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.6300097,100.7060829,17z

it will help if you speak thai or if you don't go with a thai friend who does and has some basic mechanical knowlage

engine swaps are not illegal and are pretty common but you do need to update the blue book and the shop should provide the invoice and paperwork to get that done.

Edited by jay1980

there is an automotive area behind Chula near Rama 4

lots of engine shops there .........

Can you confirm these are still there?

I have not looked recently but a Thai friend told me the engine places in this area are all gone.

there is an automotive area behind Chula near Rama 4

lots of engine shops there .........

Can you confirm these are still there?

I have not looked recently but a Thai friend told me the engine places in this area are all gone.

Sorry , not in BKK now ,

I know they knocked down a bunch of buildings up by National Stadium but last time I looked the auto shops were still there ,

Hope they still are , progress is a bitch !

I am sure the places over by Chula that sell used imported Japanese engines have shops they use....

but a warning , this is an automotive area with lots of oil, grease and dirt , ( if its still there ) not the place to wear good clothes

I am sure there are many other areas , I was told there are junkyards out by BangNa but never went there....