57 year Old Briton Falls to His Death from Bangkok Apartment

rooster59

Thailand will soon have the title of suicide capitol of the world.

Nearly every day another suicide reported !!!!

No signs of a struggle. You will not find any sign if you do not look for 1.

Only a farang. case closed.

You get several suicides every day in all major city's around the world

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another farang suicide..., good Police work boys, let's go get some breakfast....

"Police stated they were still probing if this was an accidental fall from the balcony or a suicide, they are looking for more witnesses and evidence. The matter is under investigation."

Don't know if you read the above but it's probably relevant.

I would be more confident if the local police knew how to secure a "crime scene" as it should be treated until such time as it is concluded that death was not suspicious or all evidence has been secured, ...and investigators knew what they were looking for.

They forgot to mention the cigarette butts or lack of any. They did however correctly point to "signs of a struggle". In this case, apparently, lack of any. I see they have found a new word "rummaging". Although this could be the newspaper's thesaurus working overtime.

Rummaging, to rummage, is a word well known and used in Canada. Just means to

search around or look for something in a disorganized way. I think it comes from the

French. thumbsup.gif

30% of english derives from french, which in its self derives from latin, 60% of english comes from german, the other 10% can be attributed to to scandanavia countries.

I do not understand why the police did not check for videos or noises from neighbors. No one commits suicide at 10:30 AM. But less paper work with suicide so the best answer by the Bangkok police. How many more farang deaths does it take to see that there is a big problem of people falling out of there balconies. Thailand has to be the #1 suicide capital of the world. You do not have to rob some one you want to kill. Just throw them from a high floor balcony! No sing of disturbance or scuffle!

Even if he wrote a suicide note - yelled on the way down why he jumped, holding a video camera recording it.

The police will still investigate and some will say it was an accident or some other reason.

So, unless he shared with someone he was having personal problems.. Or left a suicide note...

The police should treat his death as an accident - suicide - or murder.

#MyOpinion

I do not understand why the police did not check for videos or noises from neighbors. No one commits suicide at 10:30 AM. But less paper work with suicide so the best answer by the Bangkok police. How many more farang deaths does it take to see that there is a big problem of people falling out of there balconies. Thailand has to be the #1 suicide capital of the world. You do not have to rob some one you want to kill. Just throw them from a high floor balcony! No sing of disturbance or scuffle!

When you say no one commits suicide at 1030 AM, you are infact wrong, I have just googled it and there were 34,567, 1031 AM faired slightly better with 23,456. Hope this helps?

I suppose it would be unthinkable a perpetrator would clean up after a struggle.

I suppose it would be unthinkable a perpetrator would clean up after a struggle.

I suppose it's unthinkable that the police would clean up after a bit of "rummaging", too.

biggrin.png

It absolutely amazes me how people can instantly summise as to what occurred! We know nothing other than he went over the edge, yet immediately the BIB slurs come out! Unbelievable stuff!!! The first three comments clearly show this.

What a negative bunch you guys are and yes, I can take all the replies! lol

Have a nice day.

They have very sad lives. They are too arrogant to learn the language so can't mix socially with their neighbours. You won't see one in the "learn Thai" sub-forum! They are retired so have all the time in the world to criticize what they can't understand. This is a forum that they release their bottled up anger on. Many have married a woman which they now regret but have put their measly savings into a house and a pick-up truck and don't have the balls to walk away.

Apt username :)

I didn't know that you can only commit suicide after 10.30am.

Use to surprise me when I read about one [and quite oftem two] of these death at least once a week.

Now I am surprised when i don't see a TV headline after 1 week saying - "Foreigner falls to his death from Apartment Building"

I think sooner or later, farangs will be prohibited from living in condos with a balacony.

well actually it will be encouraged as then the deposits and rent in advance can be pocketed......now theres an idea....

It absolutely amazes me how people can instantly summise as to what occurred! We know nothing other than he went over the edge, yet immediately the BIB slurs come out! Unbelievable stuff!!! The first three comments clearly show this.

Have a nice day.

They have very sad lives. They are too arrogant to learn the language so can't mix socially with their neighbours. You won't see one in the "learn Thai" sub-forum! They are retired so have all the time in the world to criticize what they can't understand. This is a forum that they release their bottled up anger on. Many have married a woman which they now regret but have put their measly savings into a house and a pick-up truck and don't have the balls to walk away.
thats quite good really, i know of many who are stuck in that rut and most of them aint got the balls to gob off in a bar at someone so they do it here while hiding behind a warm chang

It's hard to tell if suicides in Thailand (amongst westerners) is excessive. In most western countries the media abides by a gentleman's agreement to never report suspected suicides so as not to encourage copy cats. That's not the case in Thailand.

Have a nice day.

With alll due respect, is it any wonder after no struggle, hands tied behind back hangings that are suicides,the B2, broken neck of beer bottle found in room , man with cuts hangs himself , no sign of forced entry but back door was open, ask your self and you sir amaze me.

Nah..... far from it. Thailand is FAR from being the suicide capital of the wold.

According to the WHO for 2012... Thailand was way down the list.... tied with Cuba ranking 56 on the list. The U.S.A. was at 50 on the list... tied with Uruguay. Japan has an extremely high suicide rate... ranking number 17 (Japan even has a "Suicide Forest" where people like to go end themselves.)

The top three in 2012 were..... #3.... Sri Lanka...... #2...South Korea......and the top suicide country in the world in 2012... #1 Guyana.

Other sources list Greenland as number 1 followed by #2 Lithuania, #3 South Korea and #4 Guyana. In that list... Thailand is only 66. Even Canada has a higher suicide rate..being number 40 on the list. And the United Kingdom even higher at number 39.

Countries not listed.... North Korea...and Qatar.

List of Countries By Suicide Rate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate#List_by_other_sources_.281985.E2.80.932015.29

Wait a minute. I thought falling from a high building was a Pattaya thing.

Its actually a global thing where people and balconies are involved, but reports from other countries rarely make national news and the reports fade away with the local media.

But Thailand seems to report everything, including muggings, sexual encounters with krathoys and of course possible suicides among many, many other trivial events. This of course leads to wild speculation on the various forum boards (amid various other social media sources, and Thailand once again suffers adverse publicity.

There is a lot of stuff wrong with this country, but IMO the trivia (which is what it is to those not directly involved) should be given a back seat, and the news stories that mean something should be investigated fully.

Until told to stop, and then use the social media to show the prevention of investigative journalism.

I know, i know, pipe dreams........................wink.png

I for one don't believe the sheer amount of people dying by falling from a great height as anything other then some Thas or maybe some of the dodgy Pattaya Farangs bumping them off for their cash.

There should be some sort of declaration that could be made that would say if I die and it looks like suicide then someones topped me. Personally I will be looking for a Bungalow or something 2 floors up max.

Edited by MRDave

What is the attraction between Thailand and clumsy people, as there seems to be a high number of them.

The connection is murder! and being in a country where the local populace looks on you as an ATM and that includes the Police force. As people keep telling me, always make sure you are worth more alive than dead.

In many western countries its illegal to report them so you dont hear about them

In many western countries its illegal to report them so you dont hear about them

In many western countries they only find the suicide victims because a bad smell is coming out of the apartment and the letter box is full.....

57 Possibly overweight? The weight thing comes from seeing a large amount of Brits with bad eating habits My guess heartattack and over the rail while spying on some honey changing clothes.

You're hired as the chief of TVF coppers.thumbsup.gif

Seem the poster has psychic abilities...maybe he would care to suggest next weeks Euro millions lottery numbers as well ?

I've experienced enough of the seamier side of parts of Thailand to feel pretty confident that they're not all suicides.

Correct Cliff, but they would be classified as " Assisted suicide" case closed. On the outskirts of Bangkok there is a warehouse crammed full of suicide " notes". Given that handwriting experts are not allowed in a Thai court those notes come in handy if you start asking questions. Of course the bad habit of asking questions can lead to further suicides and so it goes on. But one last question, what would be the odds of a Frenchman from France being able to pull off his own hanging while his hands were tied behind his back. This amazing feat was carried out on the Death Island ( formerly Koh Tao) quite recently, suicide of course, absolutely bloody amazing I would suggest. There he was swinging posthumously in the breeze with his hands tied behind his back, the perfect suicide! The investigators were back home in time for morning tea.