Child molesting monk arrested in Lampang

rooster59

Child molesting monk arrested in Lampang

post-247607-0-17078800-1454204643_thumb.

Image: Matichon

LAMPANG:-- A former monk who had been videoed molesting young boys has been arrested by police in Lampang.

Mr Narin, 35, was arrested at a temple in nearby Nan after fleeing from his temple of residence in Lampang after locals started sharing a video clip online which reportedly showed a man sexually abusing a local village boy.

Mr Narin was easily identified as the man in the footage due to a tattoo of the Doraemon cartoon character which he has just below his right shoulder.

Formerly known as Phra Rut, Matichon reports that Mr Narin later admitted that he was the man in the video and that he fled to Nan to escape punishment but insisted he wanted to carry on as a monk to make up for his crime.

Mr Narin has now been defrocked by senior monks from his temple in Lampang and has been charged by police.

Source: Matichon

tvn.png
-- 2016-01-31

"Formerly known as Phra Rut, Matichon reports that Mr Narin later admitted that he was the man in the video and that he fled to Nan to escape punishment but insisted he wanted to carry on as a monk to make up for his crime."

Yeah right.

Does this scumbag actually think

A: this would make up for abusing a child

B: anyone is stupid enough to accept this "reasoning".

Edited by Bluespunk

"Formerly known as Phra Rut, Matichon reports that Mr Narin later admitted that he was the man in the video and that he fled to Nan to escape punishment but insisted he wanted to carry on as a monk to make up for his crime."

Yeah right.

I'm afraid 'B' is highly likely here as Thailand fosters lack of self responsibility in virtually all walks of life here which, in itself, is anti-Buddhist as Buddhism is all about 'self responsibility'

I would imagine this happens a whole lot more than is reported,

with those young novice monks in the temples,I suppose some

of these offenders join the monk hood just for the opportunity

of abusing the youngsters.

regards Worgeordie

excuse me laanaguy and geordie.. but haven't you read about the child molesting Catholic priests. seems thai buddhism no worse than RC. sin all week then on Sunday go for confession.. be sbsolved to go out and do it all over again

excuse me laanaguy and geordie.. but haven't you read about the child molesting Catholic priests. seems thai buddhism no worse than RC. sin all week then on Sunday go for confession.. be sbsolved to go out and do it all over again

Western Priests are Priests are Priests for life (usually)

They don't get to smoke meth

Run chopshop for stolen vehicles

Defraud worshippers with fake amulets/magic powers

Buy private jets

Collect money DAILY from the congregation

Leave the priesthood occasionally to do some crimes or have a go at politics

Etc etc

Catholic Priests might have raped a few altar boys along the way but I think they wouldn't be anywhere near the equal of their Thai Buddhist counterparts....

Every worldwide religion is responsible for some deplorable acts, it's about time religion was banned instead of Facebook or social medias imo

Yeah right.

The answer to question B is - yes

Buy private jets

Etc etc

Catholic Priests might have raped a few altar boys along the way but I think they wouldn't be anywhere near the equal of their Thai Buddhist counterparts....

Every worldwide religion is responsible for some deplorable acts, it's about time religion was banned instead of Facebook or social medias imo

" A few" is surely an understatement in the extreme, or forgot to add in the orphanages, care facilities etc. ........

Edited by Artisi

It is high time that Thai authorities started to consider working with children clearance for anybody and everybody dealing with Children , it is no good burying the head in the sand approach when protecting young children from this crime , all countries have this sort of problem and even though it wont catch out that supposably first time offence it will deter others with a track record from within the Thai population and expat contingent , to think twice about applying for jobs around children............................coffee1.gif .

Ks "raped a few??!!" google residential care about the "few" and how the RC hierarchy ignored, denied or swept it all under the table for decades.. i forgot.. the boys were aboriginal.. no matter.. my point buddhism no worse than all the rest.. as deepak wrote the world has far too much religion and so little faith. that's the Sunday sermon for today. 555

Yeah right.

He'll just go to another temple. Funny, no talk of PRISON, must be Thai kindness.

Thought the world was coming to an end for a moment then, when I found myself agreeing with something TimmyT said...then I read his edit and everything returned to normality.

if you would agree with me I would suspect I wrote something wrong...

Thought the world was coming to an end for a moment then, when I found myself agreeing with something TimmyT said...then I read his edit and everything returned to normality.

if you would agree with me I would suspect I wrote something wrong...

Likewise if I agreed I would question my views.

I suppose its pitchfork and lynching time. However, I would suggest that some stop and think for a minute why a 35 year old like this would be molesting kids, when he could easily score some sex with anyone he wanted. I offer that he was molested when he was a kid. It's a learned behavior. Child abuse is the crime that keeps on doing damage long after the initial victims are processed. The man needs mental health treatment. I expect that he has not had a particularly good childhood.

I am not making excuses, but the reality is that when a kid is molested and doesn't receive treatment and support, that kid is at risk to molest others.

I suppose its pitchfork and lynching time. However, I would suggest that some stop and think for a minute why a 35 year old like this would be molesting kids, when he could easily score some sex with anyone he wanted. I offer that he was molested when he was a kid. It's a learned behavior. Child abuse is the crime that keeps on doing damage long after the initial victims are processed. The man needs mental health treatment. I expect that he has not had a particularly good childhood.

I am not making excuses, but the reality is that when a kid is molested and doesn't receive treatment and support, that kid is at risk to molest others.

not all kids who were molested become molester themselves and not all molesters were molested in childhood. human psych is much more complicated system...

even if he was molested he should be responsible for his actions because he was a sane adult while making decision to molest kids.

If I were in charge I would chemically castrate him first of all.

Buy private jets

Etc etc

Catholic priests 'might' have raped a 'few' boys?

Way to brush endemic abuse under the carpet..,

how stupid one must be to make a tattoo of Doraemon in the shoulder?!

for me tattoo (except religious) is a clear sign of a mental retard....

So tattoos are for retards UNLESS they realate to a made up man living in the sky????

Okaaassy

not all kids who were molested become molester themselves and not all molesters were molested in childhood. human psych is much more complicated system...

even if he was molested he should be responsible for his actions because he was a sane adult while making decision to molest kids.

If I were in charge I would chemically castrate him first of all.

I agree with Tammy T to a point. I would go further. I would relieve him of all three items using a surgical blade, sans anesthesia. Then I would insist that he become a monk, but never be allowed to leave the temple or have anything to do with children. coffee1.gif

It is high time that Thai authorities started to consider working with children clearance for anybody and everybody dealing with Children , it is no good burying the head in the sand approach when protecting young children from this crime , all countries have this sort of problem and even though it wont catch out that supposably first time offence it will deter others with a track record from within the Thai population and expat contingent , to think twice about applying for jobs around children............................coffee1.gif .

Way too much work. Even known criminals on International wanted lists are often not picked up. This is a police force who can accuse someone of a crime who is already illegally imprisoned by the army.