Snake seen in View Talay Villas.

davidhen

Hi everyone, just a word of warning. I am currently on holiday in VTV, Jomtien. Last evening (Sun) my wife thought she saw a palm branch fall just inside of the outer door to our property, but then it disappeared under the gap at the bottom of the door.

I opened the door to see what looked like a 4ft. 6ins. hooded cobra "facing off" to a cat. The snake sensed my opening the door and turned its attention to me, before returning its gaze to the cat. Neither animal would move, until eventually someone spooked the cat which caused it to run away. The cobra then seized its opportunity to escape, disappearing into shrubs.

I see snakes every week,I'm not sure if my encounters deserve a new topic on here though.

Thailand is home to many hundreds of thousands of snakes,bugs and critters.

About 5 minutes ago I see a Gecko.

Edited by stoneyboy

LoS is an acrnonym for Land of Smile (singular by the tourist board of Thailand)

It can also mean Scams and in this case Snakes....the place is moving with them. There are over 100 species.

If no one has noticed this is a hot tropical environment and cold blooded reptiles are abundant.

Most snakes I see are dead (flattened) ones run over by trucks. The OP should think himself lucky to have actually seen a wild animal in Thailand. Most have been eaten or sold to the chinese for mad medical nonsense.