Best automatic scooter ?

TobSlobSlai

Ok help me decide, Which one is the better scooter and value for money the Xmax or the new Forza, Both the same price.
I have have been wanting the Xmax from when it first came out but now the new Forza is out l am starting to lean towards this bike, I like the Pirrelli tyres as standard and the electric visor.
Power wise I think the Nmax comes out on top, economy wise the Forza wins?.
By the way my wife wants the Forza mainly because of the better colour choices.
Thanks for any help. Nev

Go with the wife. You know they are always right!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nev said:

Ok help me decide, Which one is the better scooter and value for money the Xmax or the new Forza, Both the same price.

I have have been wanting the Xmax from when it first came out but now the new Forza is out l am starting to lean towards this bike, I like the Pirrelli tyres as standard and the electric visor.

Power wise I think the Nmax comes out on top, economy wise the Forza wins?.

By the way my wife wants the Forza mainly because of the better colour choices.

Thanks for any help. Nev

Yamaha has the Honda beat on engine output. about 3 hp and 2Nm (1.38 ft pounds) probaly because it is closer to 300 279cc vs 292

Thais like Honda but I believe on the street Yamaha has better build quality. Colour is colour. But could your wife's opinion be about image? Honda?

Honda now has traction control so if you want to do burnouts?  But so does Yamaha!!! 

Yamaha is slightly lighter.

Depends which dealer is closer and more friendly.  Personally I'd go Yamaha but I'm not you.

• Like 2

Build quality of Yamahas has been higher than Honda for years , but many Thais and falangs are slow to change. The braking systems on Yamahas is ahead of Honda. The N-Max has disc brakes front and rear , with true ABS braking , unlike Hondas cheap cbs drum rear brakes. Fuel consumption of a 300cc Yamaha and a 270cc Honda will be similar. Go for the better brakes and suspension of the Yam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Yamaha has the Honda beat on engine output. about 3 hp and 2Nm (1.38 ft pounds) probaly because it is closer to 300 279cc vs 292

Thais like Honda but I believe on the street Yamaha has better build quality. Colour is colour. But could your wife's opinion be about image? Honda?

Honda now has traction control so if you want to do burnouts?  But so does Yamaha!!! 

Yamaha is slightly lighter.

Depends which dealer is closer and more friendly.  Personally I'd go Yamaha but I'm not you.

I have a Nmax and concur Yamaha build great bikes hence me wanting to stay with Yamaha, I love the dual abs brakes and the extra power of the Xmax is a big plus.

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

Go with the wife. You know they are always right!!!
:-) yes I should let her have some say as she will be putting a sizable deposit down and pay installments from our business, It will be used for deliveries mainly by me as she is very busy looking after the workers.

Colour panels can be changed will be my comeback :-) 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2017 at 11:20 AM, LammyTS1 said:

The Honda Click? Excellent handling, comfort & riding position?

Wow, must have to dust off the cover from mine & try it again, lol. 

i ride a honda  click on Bali,  it's a blast, handles very well, blast by those hulky tour buses, adroit.

Edited by malibukid

On 2/1/2016 at 5:30 PM, papa al said:

Maybe you could find one of the recently discontinued Yamaha Nouvo SX125.

They are the best small scooter.

I have the Yamaha Nouvo SX125 think its a compact  (great for parking) scooter just change the tyres for Michelin City or similar a great ride.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2016 at 12:08 PM, shaggersback said:

We have 17 bikes at the moment for rentals. All the Hondas have gearbox / belt issues as do the nouvo yammies.

The most reliable ..as in never need mechanical servicing are the Mio 125s Two have over 45,000k and get fluid changes every 3 months. The clicks and nouvos get issues every 5000k.

Sounds like customer abuse my Yamaha Nouvo SX125 is great no repairs required.

I have a Honda Super Cub 110i (2018). Total piece of junk, quite slow, no storage space, shockingly bad brakes (drumbrakes front and back), but it looks great, small/flickable, and fantastic fuel economy (60km per liter).

I would probably go for the Yamaha Aerox 155, basically Yamaha's response to the PCX. Overall it's a bit smaller, has ABS, looks better (IMO) and 10-20k cheaper.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bkksteve123 said:

I have a Honda Super Cub 110i (2018). Total piece of junk, quite slow, no storage space, shockingly bad brakes (drumbrakes front and back), but it looks great, small/flickable, and fantastic fuel economy (60km per liter).

I would probably go for the Yamaha Aerox 155, basically Yamaha's response to the PCX. Overall it's a bit smaller, has ABS, looks better (IMO) and 10-20k cheaper.

Yamaha already has a response to the PCX the Nmax.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We've got two older Yamaha automatics - a Fino we bought second hand 2.5 years ago for 13000 baht with 18,000 km on the clock, on which we lavished a service, new clutches (cheap!) disc pads, rebuilt front wheel, new tyres & tubes and eventually (because I cocked it up) a new carburettor and a new starter that I had burnt out using a car Start-all  booster when I flattened the battery trying to start it.

All in all the service/repair items cost about 7000 baht. It has now done 33,000 km and we still use it every day - two tankfuls of petrol a week. We use it primarily as a spare bike, plus it's every day use mostly off road on tracks is to take the dogs up the local farm for a run. One dog is labrador sized, the other is an English cocker spaniel. The 115cc Fino has a wide seat that leaves room for me on the front, dog in the middle, wife on the back. Occasionally we put the cocker on the footwell as well.

The other is a 14599 baht s/hand Mio 125cc water-cooled bike. We had initial problems with this as the valve into the cylinder jacket leaked water into the engine but 1500 baht at Yamaha solved that. It is quite old, was a repossession bought quite legally in Bangkok, with only 7000km on the clock. We changed both tyres, the tread was virtually unworn but the rubber had failed due to age-related storage. Also changed oil!

That was it, we fitted the Fino's stainless steel frame with padded back-rest and with a top box we'd fitted, it doesn't quite fit a Mio but a bit of enlarging of holes and bending in the vice and we are good to go. It is a Mio Sport, goes like the proverbial off a shovel, acceleration will lift the front up. We do ALL our shopping on it, filling the footwell with two bags stacked, filling the top box, and both of us on it and I'm a bit of a fattie but even with sacks of rice laid across and bags of potatoes etc on top and all the tins and bottles in the box it is still a real goer and light and easy to swing about in traffic. I love it, got loads of oomph you'd never believe for a small engined bike, comparable at low speeds to the far bigger bikes I had in the UK.

Seeing the Clicks and others it sees off at traffic lights even with us two-up and the way it is so quick to accelerate out of trouble I wouldn't part with it and recommend Yamaha Mio Sport to anyone.

Edited by cliveshep

On 8/24/2018 at 12:21 AM, cliveshep said:

We've got two older Yamaha automatics - a Fino we bought second hand 2.5 years ago for 13000 baht with 18,000 km on the clock, on which we lavished a service, new clutches (cheap!) disc pads, rebuilt front wheel, new tyres & tubes and eventually (because I cocked it up) a new carburettor and a new starter that I had burnt out using a car Start-all  booster when I flattened the battery trying to start it.

All in all the service/repair items cost about 7000 baht. It has now done 33,000 km and we still use it every day - two tankfuls of petrol a week. We use it primarily as a spare bike, plus it's every day use mostly off road on tracks is to take the dogs up the local farm for a run. One dog is labrador sized, the other is an English cocker spaniel. The 115cc Fino has a wide seat that leaves room for me on the front, dog in the middle, wife on the back. Occasionally we put the cocker on the footwell as well.

The other is a 14599 baht s/hand Mio 125cc water-cooled bike. We had initial problems with this as the valve into the cylinder jacket leaked water into the engine but 1500 baht at Yamaha solved that. It is quite old, was a repossession bought quite legally in Bangkok, with only 7000km on the clock. We changed both tyres, the tread was virtually unworn but the rubber had failed due to age-related storage. Also changed oil!

That was it, we fitted the Fino's stainless steel frame with padded back-rest and with a top box we'd fitted, it doesn't quite fit a Mio but a bit of enlarging of holes and bending in the vice and we are good to go. It is a Mio Sport, goes like the proverbial off a shovel, acceleration will lift the front up. We do ALL our shopping on it, filling the footwell with two bags stacked, filling the top box, and both of us on it and I'm a bit of a fattie but even with sacks of rice laid across and bags of potatoes etc on top and all the tins and bottles in the box it is still a real goer and light and easy to swing about in traffic. I love it, got loads of oomph you'd never believe for a small engined bike, comparable at low speeds to the far bigger bikes I had in the UK.

Seeing the Clicks and others it sees off at traffic lights even with us two-up and the way it is so quick to accelerate out of trouble I wouldn't part with it and recommend Yamaha Mio Sport to anyone.

photos ?

The PCX is far more stable and comfortable to ride. Also, it is way better if you have a passenger. It is a far better bike, though the Click is fine, for what it is.

Now, if you are asking what is the best scooter out there, for the money, hands down it is the Yamaha X-Max. That is a fantastic bike. But, at around 170,000 baht it is not low end! The Suzuki Burgman 200 would be my next choice at around 145,000 baht. It is a great bike. Then a PCX.

Granted these are not small bikes. But they have power, and exceptionally comfortable to ride, and are very well built scooters. If money is not the primary concern.

2018_Yamaha_XMAX_3_Central_Florida_PowerSports.jpg

263.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to buy my own Motorbike as well.

For the last 9 months, I have been renting.

Personally,  the very top speeds I have been able to attain are:

Honda Click 125cc = 110 kph

Yamaha Nmax 155cc = 114 kph

Yamaha GT 125cc = 100 kph

Handling,  the Click drives way better (better control, stability, and little vibration) at 100 than the GT does at 70 or 80.

I rented the GT this days off because we wanted to try one before possibly buying one.  The one I rented had only 11,000 km on it, so it was not "old".  IMO,  the GT totally sucks.

I was also looking at buying the 2018 Aerox,  however, after trying the GT, we have decided not to as we do not want to spend a lot of money on one and end up not liking it.

So...  at the moment,  we are deciding between the Nmax (very comfortable, smooth and drives good) and the Honda Click 150cc.   I do believe we have decided on the Honda Click 150cc due to the cost being 20,000 baht cheaper,  plus would need to add the back storage case due to lacking transportation space (additional 5,300 baht for the rack and case).

I have a click but haven’t used it since I bought a Vespa.

Yes they’re expensive, but I got a 2 year old LX125 for just 50k, cheaper than a new click. It’s now done 20,000 kms and still rides like a new bike. Top speed is 105-110kph but I upgraded the variator for improved acceleration, but now has a top speed of 115-118kph.

Test ride a Vespa & I’ll guarantee you’ll forget about the click.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2018 at 5:37 PM, LammyTS1 said:

I have a click but haven’t used it since I bought a Vespa.

Yes they’re expensive, but I got a 2 year old LX125 for just 50k, cheaper than a new click. It’s now done 20,000 kms and still rides like a new bike. Top speed is 105-110kph but I upgraded the variator for improved acceleration, but now has a top speed of 115-118kph.

Test ride a Vespa & I’ll guarantee you’ll forget about the click.

I have a Vespa and really dislike it because of the handling.  I used to have a PCX which is superior in every way. Now looking at the Yamaha QBIX for a small run around.

Go for built quality, resale value and durability. I've rented old Honda scooters and they were okay despite having >60 k km on the clock. 

Yamaha may have well engineered products, but depreciation will bite

Got an offer ton rent an old PCX @ 2,000 Baht. Want to do that. But worry about theft...

I have a Vespa and really dislike it because of the handling.  I used to have a PCX which is superior in every way. Now looking at the Yamaha QBIX for a small run around.

Which model of Vespa do you have?

Strange, when I first got here, I rented a PCX to take me on a 80km trip. Steering and suspension was terrible. I admit, it was a rental bike but had only done 20k kms and the suspension was gone! The handlebar position means you are riding with bent arms :-). I know many people buy a new pcx and then replace the suspension and handlebars, but why should you on a new bike?

All current models of Vespa’s I’ve owned, have better suspension, better handling in city traffic, can cruise comfortably for 100’s of kms.

You get what you pay for, simples.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:19 PM, losworld said:

If the Yamaha is a bit faster tan the PCX this can be easily managed by putting in lighter pulley weights.  The Yammy probably is using a lighter weight as it revs higher than the pcx.  You can't have it both ways.

IMo, not really. lighter weights will only increase the PCX low end acceleration but the top end will remain the same or worst lower if you use too light weights.

The Yamaha got a few advantage in displacement, horsepower and overall curb weight.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'm also looking for a scooter soon. After I read this topic I'm thinking of:

Yamaha GT125

Yamaha Grand Filano

Yamaha Click 125

The new Yamaha Qbix - couldnt find that much information about it...

Which one would you choose?

4 hours ago, frede99 said:

Hey guys,

Yamaha GT125

Yamaha Grand Filano

Yamaha Click 125

If your budget will stretch buy the Nmax for 80,000baht a great scooter.

29 minutes ago, nev said:

If your budget will stretch buy the Nmax for 80,000baht a great scooter.

Sorry it doesn't

I mostly need it for driving in Chiang Mai city, and maybe a couple of times in a month, to some mountains. 

So mostly a practical scooter who also could be fun to drive a little longer trips.

5 hours ago, frede99 said:

Hey guys,

Yamaha GT125

Yamaha Grand Filano

Yamaha Click 125

The Click is a Honda, not a Yamaha. That said I've been riding a Click 125cc for four years and still luvin' it.

But I've moved out into the country I'm up for a new scooter with a bit more power and I'm very impressed with the new Click 150cc. A recent price check was 61,000THB

It's at the top of my wish list just now with the Yamaha Aerox 155cc a close second.

The Click is a Honda, not a Yamaha. That said I've been riding a Click 125cc for four years and still luvin' it.

But I've moved out into the country I'm up for a new scooter with a bit more power and I'm very impressed with the new Click 150cc. A recent price check was 61,000THB

It's at the top of my wish list just now with the Yamaha Aerox 155cc a close second.
The 125cc Click is great, the 150 has better colour options and keyless ignition. I'm not sure a 150 is required power wise though

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Yeah of couse it's Honda Click, my fault haha ????

But nice to hear some good reviews about it - hope someone can tell me more about the other bikes as well.

The Zoomer X also look pretty good, it's so hard to choose

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The 125cc Click is great, the 150 has better colour options and keyless ignition. I'm not sure a 150 is required power wise though

The 125cc is great around town. With plenty of acceleration and very maneuverable. But having moved into the country I feel a need for that bit of extra power to make my longer runs a bit more relaxing. It's not about more speed, just less hurriedness, if you know what mean.