Unlimited wifi in condo with no landline phone?

1234asdf

All the websites are useless for this because there's no/little English and Google translate doesn't work because the text is in images not text form.

I'm in a condo now at On Nut which has Cyberpoint connections but the only shop downstairs that sells the cards for it never has any actual cards.

So I want to buy a month's worth of internet, I have no landline phone connection. I don't want any limits and I want the speed to be good enough for Skype to work.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I've used a 19 baht thing on my phone (after making a hotspot to laptop) which is good for a day but the speed just isn't quite good enough to hold a Skype call. Something like that would be good if there's a month's package with faster speeds and no limits?

Visit an AIS shop...for 899 Baht you will get something like 12GB which is enough surely?

The OP confuses me.

Looking for unlimited WiFi or internet via mobile phone (3G and so on)?

Two very different approaches.

If only I knew what a "Cyberpoint connection" means?

Edited by KhunBENQ

You also should tell us for what you need this connection.

If you only need it for skype.. then check out if there are some skype addon's.

I use DTAC, and they have special promotions like 100MB internet with free LINE, Whatsapp, facebook......

Check if they have something with skype. But if you want internet for different things, including looking movies, then I think It will become difficult, because even 12GB will be finished soon with movies :)

I have normaly about 2-3GB with free LINE, then i can call all my friends for free :)

I didn't want to get a landline installed or locked into a contract with WiFi so i bought an AirCard / dongle / Shared wifi connection (I've seen them called diff names) from TrueMove.

Its a small box that acts as a router that you plug into the socket ti charge. It has a SIM inside and you choose pre or post pay and a package that you add credit to.

It was 1400b for the aircard thing and i pay 450b per month for my data package.

Thanks. 900 is a bit steep. I'll check out the dongle option, I had one of those in the UK a while back and never thought about that here.

Cyberpoint is run by DTAC I think, they have routers in a lot of the big condo buildings and you can buy an internet card (like a scratchcard with a password on it) for a month for 300 baht. But it seems poorly run because at least here about half the times I ask they don't stock the cards so you can't buy their product... It would be too simple to let you buy a card online or at a main office in BKK, they insist you buy it from an agent on site; ours is a laundrette.

3G or wifi, whatever works. But there's no good wifi signal here, at least going from the wifi connections I can see. No True which I see pretty much everywhere else in BKK.

Here is the link to AIS internet packages in English. Their website is godawful to navigate:

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/package-addon-detail.aspx?type=2&id=32

The package options provide 'unlimited' mobile data, but actually once the monthly 3G quota runs out, it's awfully slow. The 3G speed itself is great. Normally I renew my package every 3 weeks after my 3g quota has been used up.

Here is the link to AIS internet packages in English. Their website is godawful to navigate:

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/package-addon-detail.aspx?type=2&id=32

The package options provide 'unlimited' mobile data, but actually once the monthly 3G quota runs out, it's awfully slow. The 3G speed itself is great. Normally I renew my package every 3 weeks after my 3g quota has been used up.

[/quote ]

I can't imagine other than doing massive torrent downloads or watching movies why anyone would need more than the 12 package for 899 Baht.

I use the 399 Baht one each month and never run out as AIS have hotspots around town where you can use free WIFI...plus many bars and restaurants/coffeeshops offer free WIFI too.

AIS coverage as you said is excellent.

The 4G is still patchy imho.