Future Expats in Myanmar?

321Rich

i liked vietnam when i had my own apartment.

did not like police coming in late at night and checking room for girls when i stayed at hotels though. they even checked the bathroom, in closet etc.

it's not legal there for foreigners and locals to be in the same room after a certain hour, could have really been a bad scene, and everyone watches and reports.

How long ago was this? Hard to believe police checks would still be happening in 2016. Talk about the State intruding into people's bedrooms.bah.gif

Guys,

I have three friends all living and working there with Vietnamese girlfriends who they are living with and unmarried and these girls are from Hanoi.

They are not ' bar girls ' but these guys have had no problems at all with Police I have been many times and never had my hotel room checked and actually never spoken to a policeman except on two occasions, once, when I was passenger on a motorbike in Halong and the other one was when I laid and got into a museum at lunchtime.!!

I found police very low key, and that's Hanoi, the capital.

Saigon (HCMC) is the same... the whole police busting hotel rooms was true years ago and is pure fantasy now. Same in Laos... used to be illegal and enforced, now no-one gives a monkey's.