Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

Hi all, long time forum lurker and finally decided to join :)

I sell items on ebay and have been sending the the U.K. from Bangkok for around 4-5 years now with no "major" problems i can recall via small packet.

Usually delivery takes around a week (give or take a couple of days here and there).

Since the the start of 2016, packages to the U.K seems to be taking well over 2 weeks.

Elsewhere i post to like U.S., France, etc have been fine....just the U.K. seems to be suffering.

I've asked multiple Thailand Post staff/mangers/helpline/etc with no avail as to any answers of a change etc to the standard small package mail.

I know (and read on here) regarding the huge price hike on sending via EMS.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems or can even shed any more light for me?

Cheers :)

Dave

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a bunch of parcels to Canada around December 1. I thought she said 3-4 weeks

but now I am thinking she said/meant 3-4 months. Each package was about a 1k baht.

Just some T-Shirts and scarves. Oh well they get there or they don't. A little bit of

a lesson for me. blink.png

I sent a xmas parcel for my parents in December and it still has not arrived to them. Last time I had a parcel go missing was when they had the marches in BKK before the coup.

Maybe Thai post has lost business on EMS since the price hike & are slowing ordinary parcel post down to get more people using EMS, just a thought, TIT

It's those incompetent clowns called Parcel Force who are responsible for parcel deliveries at the UK end, not Thailand Post!

I sell on Ebay also with many customers all around the world. Since New Year the post service to the UK has been extremely bad and very slow with almost nothing arriving even after 4 weeks - even registered mail has disappeared. Same problem with The Netherlands. Other countries in Europe have been slower but not too bad and the mail to USA and Australia has been normal. It's really causing a big headache - and costing money as well as I have to give refunds for Item Not Received cases on Ebay. I have no idea as to what is causing the problem - but just wanted to let the OP know it's affecting others such as myself - not just him.

I sell on Ebay also with many customers all around the world. Since New Year the post service to the UK has been extremely bad and very slow with almost nothing arriving even after 4 weeks - even registered mail has disappeared. Same problem with The Netherlands. Other countries in Europe have been slower but not too bad and the mail to USA and Australia has been normal. It's really causing a big headache - and costing money as well as I have to give refunds for Item Not Received cases on Ebay. I have no idea as to what is causing the problem - but just wanted to let the OP know it's affecting others such as myself - not just him.

Hi all, thanks to everyone for the replies, especially doublephil above.

I'm sorry you're also experiencing problems...i know what you're going through.

Have you had anything get there from this year?

Myself, everything sent from Jan 4th - Jan 14th started to arrive throughout last last week (started Monday 25th and carried on arriving gradually).

Anything 15th onwards is still showing as outward bound from the airport.

All the items that did arrive were NOT checked/inspected/delayed/opened by customs...just simply late.

I have the reverse problem. Since before Christmas, several packets sent FROM UK to me here have simply disappeared. Usually delivery is in 10-14 days, but occasionally it may be a month or so, but never has delivery totally failed before.

I think the problem is in UK - not here in Thailand - just for the reason that other countries don't seem to be affected - unless their mail goes via the UK - e.g. Ireland. The problem actually started in December - and I thought it was just backlog from the busy Christmas and New Year period - but surely that should have cleared by now. I am concerned about the registered post - because tracking shows nothing arriving in UK December - except for 1 small packet posted on the 11th which was delivered on 29th.

I think the problem is in UK - not here in Thailand - just for the reason that other countries don't seem to be affected - unless their mail goes via the UK - e.g. Ireland. The problem actually started in December - and I thought it was just backlog from the busy Christmas and New Year period - but surely that should have cleared by now. I am concerned about the registered post - because tracking shows nothing arriving in UK December - except for 1 small packet posted on the 11th which was delivered on 29th.

Personally i didn't have any problems December except the 30th/31st which coincidentally left Thailand on the 4th Jan when the postoffice re-opened after new year.

Even packages send on the 28th December arrived faster than expected (6 days) so i didn't think it was a backlog problem unless is was a case of "last in, first out" type of thing in the U.K.

Just seems odd that it's since 2016, and the same time the Thai post office introduced it's new jacked up EMS prices. I think i read elsewhere that they upped the price due to fuel costs.

- maybe they're holding back the mail at the airport and cutting back on the flying days (from out going twice a week to once a week, once every 2 weeks, or whatever) or slower service to just to attract more people to use EMS.

- or even a dispute between Thailand Post & Royal Mail.

Seems very odd that it's only the U.K. which in theory & logic means it's a problem in the U.K.

Whatever the reason, would be just nice to know something

Edited by dlm5star

Tracking to Australia and Canada has always been very bad also.

Have same problems to uk, registered mail is just showing leaving airport bkk, then not showing up on uk Royal Mail

Website tracking, having so many people contacting me saying non delivery....big problems obviously, we called Thailand post helpline and operators said many other call about same problem. We filed a missing mail form with Thai post.

Well, i racking my brain to find out something.

I have no idea ----any post I send to the UK arrives within a week .

Perhaps HM Customs is taking an active interest in your frequent postings ?

Nothing abnormal noticed, usual 7-10 day period by Registered Mail.

UK delivery seem to be as usual but tracking on both thai and uk website still suxx like never !

Sunnyjim5, CharlieH, buythisdashcam.....

did you all send since 2016?

if so was is Air Mail or "Small Packet" Airmail?

Have same problems to uk, registered mail is just showing leaving airport bkk, then not showing up on uk Royal Mail
Website tracking, having so many people contacting me saying non delivery....big problems obviously, we called Thailand post helpline and operators said many other call about same problem. We filed a missing mail form with Thai post.

br12stol, as an ebay seller, i'm assuming you send via "Small Packet" Airmail?

I also have a few acquaintances here who i've met in the post office over the years, nothing of there's has arrived also.

Thailand Post still claim that Airmail & Small Packet Airmail go at the same time (same same lol). Only possible thing that i can think of is that something has changed since 2016. If the 3x posters above sent this year via airmail (not small packet airmail) with no problems, obviously something has changed and small packet method is the problem.

HI

Yes Small Packet everything (99%)

Some things were real quick, 30th of Dec stuff arrived 6th Jan 2016

All the Jan 4th Post was terrible, but items to Denmark, Finland and France all Delivered within 10 Days, Just UK has Problem

A Lot of stuff sent mid Jan still just showing departure from Bkk not on UK system

Very worrying as it seems to be ongoing!

HI

All the Jan 4th Post was terrible, but items to Denmark, Finland and France all Delivered within 10 Days, Just UK has Problem

A Lot of stuff sent mid Jan still just showing departure from Bkk not on UK system

Yes, exactly the same as myself and others i've spoken to.

Packages sent end of December (that left Thailand prior to 2016) got there in 6 days.

Packages sent out 4th-14th took around 3+ weeks.

Packages after that are only showing outbound from the airport.

I may be mistaken, but haven't Royal Mail made yet more changes to the size/prices?

Perhaps they're now processing the cheap small packets rate from abroad as surface mail, just a thought.

After all, i doubt they'll get paid any extra for processing small packet rate airmail packages for less price that it costs for internal U.K. to U.K. standard post.

As of yesterday i'm giving regular Airmail post a go (not small packet rate). Not much extra, depending on weight of the items you're sending.

Plus, nothing ventured, nothing gained...got to be worth a try....hasn't it? lol

Im having exactly the same issues with posting to the UK with regular airmail, I'm racking my brain as to what the problem ?

Incredibly frustrating...

HI

Packages sent end of December (that left Thailand prior to 2016) got there in 6 days.

I may be mistaken, but haven't Royal Mail made yet more changes to the size/prices?

Perhaps they're now processing the cheap small packets rate from abroad as surface mail, just a thought.

After all, i doubt they'll get paid any extra for processing small packet rate airmail packages for less price that it costs for internal U.K. to U.K. standard post.

As of yesterday i'm giving regular Airmail post a go (not small packet rate). Not much extra, depending on weight of the items you're sending.

Plus, nothing ventured, nothing gained...got to be worth a try....hasn't it? lol

HI

I have sent some Tracked Small Packet and Ordinary Airmail together to the UK today, so as to compare the two services. We have quite a high volume of Mail so it would be quite a Price hike to change from Small Packet.

Of course as ebay sellers Know, it does not take long for the Negative Feedback and low DSRs to start rolling in, which are very damaging. The post to US is also quite temperamental at the Moment too, with things staying static in NJ for 15 + plus days sometimes, it never Rains only pours LOL

HI

I have sent some Tracked Small Packet and Ordinary Airmail together to the UK today, so as to compare the two services. We have quite a high volume of Mail so it would be quite a Price hike to change from Small Packet.

Of course as ebay sellers Know, it does not take long for the Negative Feedback and low DSRs to start rolling in, which are very damaging. The post to US is also quite temperamental at the Moment too, with things staying static in NJ for 15 + plus days sometimes, it never Rains only pours LOL

In your experience, Is there anything we can do or is it a case of just keep posting and hope for the best ?

I urge everyone to send a Report of the situation to Ebay Thailand via http://sea.ebay.com.sg/ website, if enough Thai Sellers do the same, maybe they will help in someway as we have Despatched items promptly as they can see from Tracking, got to be worth a try.

facepalm.gif

I'll do that right now...

Are any of your items getting through or is it a total shutout ?

It's the Mid January stuff that seems a worry now, this is item sent 18th Jan

January 19, 2016
13:34:05 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received January 19, 2016
14:46:18 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

And not showing on UK Tracking at all after 18 days, got loads like this