Foreign murder suspect arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police

webfact

Foreign murder suspect arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police

kill-2.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Tuesday, the Tourist Police announced the arrest of a 47-year-old woman, accused of murdering a foreigner in Pattaya in 2012.

Khun Vassana aged 47 was arrested on the strength of arrest warrant number 642/2555 dated 8th October 2012 and issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court, in Nakhon Rachasima Province in the North-east of Thailand.

She had been on the run for 4 years since the incident took place at the Suksabai Villas in South Pattaya on 7th October 2012. Mr. Timo Juhani Tara aged 65 from Finland was stabbed in his chest and died at the scene.

Although Khun Vassana admits to stabbing her boyfriend, following a heated argument between the pair, she claims it was in self-defense as she believes Mr. Tara was about to stab her with another knife.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221234/foreign-murder-suspect-arrested-by-pattaya-tourist-police/

I just want to congratulate the police in solving a murder case on a foreigner 4 years after it happened.

It shows that there are some good investigators out there in the police force. Considering how much bad publicity they get these days we should acknowledge it when they solve serious crimes like this.

Edited by balo

Wasn't anybody else surprised a Thai was arrested after this misleading topic line?

"Foreign murder suspect arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police"

Wouldn't a "foreign murder suspect" be a foreigner suspected of murder -- not a Thai?

I swear they botch these topic lines on purpose.

Edited by Inn Between

I just want to congratulate the police in solving a murder case on a foreigner 4 years after it happened.

It shows that there are some good investigators out there in the police force. Considering how much bad publicity they get these days we should acknowledge it when they solve serious crimes like this.

Really, how about this one, could that be the reason she is arrested after 4 years?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/890811-deadline-given-to-pattaya-police-to-clear-massive-backlog-of-cases/

Deadline given to Pattaya Police to clear massive backlog of cases
Started by rooster59, 2016-01-30 05:39

500 baht fine and a warning should be suffice.

Next Please.

Interesting, also link to the full story in PattayaOne that say's:

...Nothing unusual was found but Police discovered the suspected attacker was Khun Vassana aged 40, Mr. Tara’s live-in girlfriend

Well she has put on 7 years in less than 4. could explain her looks... gigglem.gif

Now if one could only find out how and reverse the processes.coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

From memory, Timo and her were arguing in the road ... I'd need to read the report again.

They used to stay in my wife's apartments ..

I was hoping this woman got caught. I was there that day and performed cpr on this man with the help of his friend (Italian I think). He had so much blood coming out of him and as it was coming out of his chest it was hard to stop.

The woman had followed them on her bike as they walked down the soi. She confronted the Fin and stabbed him in the heart with a large knife then left. She tried to throw the knife over a fence but it hit the fence and landed back on the road next to the guy.

We did cpr on him for about 20 minutes and I think he came back a few time but it was hard to tell. The ambulance took forever to get there and when they did they didn't even check his pulse. Just looked at him and started to talk the the crowd. They were from the Banglamung hospital. After that was all over the first thing I thought was tell anybody I know if anything happens to me call Bangkok Pattaya hospital for help.

• 3 weeks later...

From memory, Timo and her were arguing in the road ... I'd need to read the report again.

They used to stay in my wife's apartments ..

I was hoping this woman got caught. I was there that day and performed cpr on this man with the help of his friend (Italian I think). He had so much blood coming out of him and as it was coming out of his chest it was hard to stop.

The woman had followed them on her bike as they walked down the soi. She confronted the Fin and stabbed him in the heart with a large knife then left. She tried to throw the knife over a fence but it hit the fence and landed back on the road next to the guy.

We did cpr on him for about 20 minutes and I think he came back a few time but it was hard to tell. The ambulance took forever to get there and when they did they didn't even check his pulse. Just looked at him and started to talk the the crowd. They were from the Banglamung hospital. After that was all over the first thing I thought was tell anybody I know if anything happens to me call Bangkok Pattaya hospital for help.

So her story of self-defense, as Mr. Tara was about to stab her with another knife, is a lie?

Edited by tomacht8