630 ml Singha Beer

Ron19

I noticed this morning at Tesco Lotus Uttaradit that the 630ml Singha is back on the shelves.

That didn't take them long to backtrack.It is not old stock as it has a production date of middle

December last year which is the same date as the 500ml along side it.

Please excuse the colour, I had to play around with it to be able to read the price.

DSCN1293.JPG

DSCN1293-001.JPG

There was another poster quicker than you (Oct 15).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864119-singha-630ml-bottles/

And even after his thread it took me more than two weeks to find the first carton in Khon Kaen.

In the meantime it seems to be about everywhere (ay least at our local Makro).

Edited by KhunBENQ

There was another poster quicker than you (Oct 15).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864119-singha-630ml-bottles/

And even after his thread it took me more than two weeks to find the first carton in Khon Kaen.

In the meantime it seems to be about everywhere (ay least at our local Makro).

This is the 1st time I've seen it. Did do a search just in case someone had posted before and nothing showed up.

• 2 months later...

This is old news. It was brought back last year before December. I switched to Chang when they did their sneaky switch downsizing and raising the price as well. Guess they lost too much revenue. I started buying it by the case since late last year as Chang gives me a headache.

Here in Lampang the 630ml bottles never left! I regularly stock up with them from Big C (which has the 500ml bottles alongside). My local 7-11 had them in on occasions too usually in a 2 bottle shrink wrap. I think here only Tesco and the restaurants started stocking the 500ml bottles instead but charging the same price as the larger bottle. Fortunately, for me, my 'local' has always stocked the larger bottles.

Sorry to disappoint posters; however, beer is not wine and does not improve with age. If it's older than three months, it's lost most of its flavour components.So beer produced in December

and on sale in May isn't anything to get excited about, unless you prefer quantity over quality.

I will stick with Chang...

I don't mind it but the alcohol content plays havoc with me next morning. facepalm.gif

sweet. i had to switch to leo to get the big bottles. will be nice to go back to singha. no way i would go to chang, think it is called chang as it feels like you had an elephant stand on your head the day after drinking it.

Chang is 5.5% alc.Vol.

It used to be 6.4% alc.Vol

The old stuff was great.

The new stuff is pee.

Try Cheers beer 6% alc.Vol

Singha is ok but not strong enough.

Strong larger is what Thailand needs. A Carsberg Special Brew equivalent would be awesome!

Edited by Wilsonandson

^Its a bottle not a can .Have never seen a can of any drink with 630 ml.

I like the Chang Classic at 5.5% in the green bottle .It seems more consistent in Alcohol level than the old Chang .(Chang export was good though ) .

Edited by anto

Great news. I do miss the 630ml bottles.

And I particularly didn't enjoy paying the same for a smaller bottle.

Dont know where you were drinking, but you NEVER did pay the same for a smaller bottle..

Sing, rich mans Leo.