CTH .Are they out of buisness?

gennisis

BeIn sport have the rights here in Thailand for the next 3 years,if and whoever they choose to use to show the football that remains a secret at present,but True do currently run one BeIn channel on there pay TV service.

Others have posted that it might not be an impossibility that BeIn themselves start up a TV system and Internet service but that is a whole different ballgame and remains to be seen.

Edited by stoneyboy

Thailand has a procedure for taking over troubled businesses similar to Administration in the UK and Chapter 11 in the US.

Some accounting firm or accounting/law firm combo will probably end up taking over the management to see whether there is anything to be done or how to run it down. Possibly even my ex-firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers! Usually takes a few months just to investigate and meanwhile the business is run on. Should see things thru to the end of the season.

The Premier League may however have put some kind of pre-emption clause in the broadcast rights contract. If it is taken back then the house of cards will collapse. Discussions on that would be the first target of any incoming temporary administrative function.

The issue seems to be that CTH and PSI are involved in some sort of contractual dispute. PSI are losing a lot of other English language programmes in the next couple of months.

As I understand it CTH did not reimburse PSI for services rendered, which comes as no surprise. CTH has been cat shit from the beginning and never let up.

The issue seems to be that CTH and PSI are involved in some sort of contractual dispute. PSI are losing a lot of other English language programmes in the next couple of months.

As I understand it CTH did not reimburse PSI for services rendered, which comes as no surprise. CTH has been cat shit from the beginning and never let up.

Your above response actually applies to all Pay TV services,satellite or cable here in Thailand,like many things they are light years behind.

Your above response actually applies to all Pay TV services,satellite or cable here in Thailand,like many things they are light years behind.

Time for me to have a closer look at ExPatTV.

Time for me to have a closer look at ExPatTV.

For EPL coverage your better off with I Like HD if you have adequate internet speeds which are relatively low any way.

For 450 baht a month I have all the arena channels from CTH and all the BT sport and sky sports channels it's been excellent,as I like cricket and a whole host of other sports.

From what I've seen the cable operators collecting money from customers haven't been passing it on to CTH, and their collections department has only just realised it.

biggrin.png

For EPL coverage your better off with I Like HD if you have adequate internet speeds which are relatively low any way.

For 450 baht a month I have all the arena channels from CTH and all the BT sport and sky sports channels it's been excellent,as I like cricket and a whole host of other sports.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out, too.

Edited by Blue Muton

From what I've seen the cable operators collecting money from customers haven't been passing it on to CTH, and their collections department has only just realised it.

biggrin.png

An inexhaustible supply of thieves and rapscallions.thumbsup.gif

Advance Warning!

Rumours surfacing that CTH and GMM have 'fallen out'. This might affect this weekend's games if you are watching CTH via Android boxes or GMM (apart from Stadium 6). Astro SS, Sky and BT remain unaffected.

Out of the two, I prefer CTH, which probably shows how much I hate Truevisions - the staff at their Phetchabun shop were really unhelpful, and rude to my wife, last time we dealt with them. I really hope they don't get the Premier league again, especially as the mighty Boro look to be heading for the big time next season.

Out of the two, I prefer CTH, which probably shows how much I hate Truevisions - the staff at their Phetchabun shop were really unhelpful, and rude to my wife, last time we dealt with them. I really hope they don't get the Premier league again, especially as the mighty Boro look to be heading for the big time next season.

not sure if youve seen the message on the bottom of your screen IN THAI it reads that CTH programs coming to you through a sunbox and a PSI satellite dish,that includes the EPL.

will no longer be transmitted from march 1st.

Edited by meatboy

not sure if youve seen the message on the bottom of your screen IN THAI it reads that CTH programs coming to you through a sunbox and a PSI satellite dish,that includes the EPL.

I believe from memory MrMuddle has a blue CTH satellite dish and CTH box as I put him on to a shop up here in Phetchabun some 2 years back,so he should be ok.

I believe from memory MrMuddle has a blue CTH satellite dish and CTH box as I put him on to a shop up here in Phetchabun some 2 years back,so he should be ok.

add to the above,my 2ultra platinum packages where turned OFF 2.45am.today.PSI.DISH AND GMMZ X 2BOXES.