Thailand announces 20 megaprojects worth 1.79 trillion baht to be signed by September

webfact

Thailand Announces 20 Megaprojects Worth 1.79 Trillion Baht to Be Signed by September
BY JACOB MASLOW

Suvarnabhumi-Airport.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Peerapol Thavornsuphacharoen, deputy permanent secretary, announced that Thailand will be signing 20 contracts that are in the pipeline by September. The projects account for 1.79 trillion baht, and consistent if several different primary and sub-projects. The secretary announced that some sub-projects may not be ready to be signed in September.

Last December, the cabinet action planned for all of the projects in an effort to boost the country’s economy and competitiveness. The ambitious development plan is scheduled to be complete by 2022, and the megaprojects cover everything from air transport to railways and maritime.

Mr. Peerapol stated that the current plan is to appoint project managers in an attempt to accelerate each project. Mr. Peerapol will be working alongside transport permanent secretary Chatchai Thipsunawee.

Full story: http://ethailand.com/business-news/thailand-announces-20-megaprojects-worth-1-79-trillion-baht-to-be-signed-by-september/1492/

-- eThailand 2016-02-03

More checks and balances being done, and making sure the Thai labour is used has been a

priority for the government in negotiating with outside sources,

and i know from experience how hard ball the Chinese and Japanese can be,

if thats whats required to get a good deal (delay) can work both ways

this is really confusing. helloooo???? these are long term projects, yes? when it's no longer just 2 tapwater plants, in Bangkok, but the subway in New York..... only then will it be "real". for now, they can still follow our lead, of the USA where Ted Cruz is the "winner" in Iowa yet famously says 'satellite data does not indicate the Earth is getting warmer' and everyone knows that it would be a lot more than just a Fox Debate No Show to directly broach The Donald on this anywhere near a live feed or anyone's cellphone. are these for choo choo trains that can go under water? or is everyone so enamored with endless nonsense when it comes to politics anywhere on Earth, except maybe the DPRK, that they think that what I am writing in this blog comment is just more nonsense. 2 tap water plants. it's not just a weather problem and has nothing to do with orbiting satellites.

Edited by maewang99

"Last December, the cabinet action planned for all of the projects in an effort to boost the countrys economy and competitiveness."

None of these projects will boost Thailand's economy and competitiveness. If any of these projects actually get started then increasing costs, cheating, and mismanagement will delay completion probably indefinitely.

The focus needs to be on foreign investment, exports, and devalue the baht.

This news is re?-announced (broadcasted) at the same time when thailands perception of corruption is at it's lowest in six years:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/891745-survey-corruption-in-thailand-lowest-in-6-years/?utm_source=newsletter-20160203-0728&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

You do the math. wink.png

Edited by meltingpot2015

Devaluing the Baht means making Thai people poorer. I question Thailand, but that's because I love it. Thai cannot understand this, neither the suggestion of someone else in this blog that they should hold even more Thai bank reserves in US Treasury paper, which is too complicated ***and as well*** that anyone would question anything about Thailand because they love Thailand..... instead of thinking the polar opposite that they don't.... but on that one because it is so deeply socially and culturally inculcated.

Edited by maewang99

this is really confusing. helloooo???? these are long term projects, yes? when it's no longer just 2 tapwater plants, in Bangkok, but the subway in New York..... only then will it be "real". for now, they can still follow our lead, of the USA where Ted Cruz is the "winner" in Iowa yet famously says 'satellite data does not indicate the Earth is getting warmer' and everyone knows that it would be a lot more than just a Fox Debate No Show to directly broach The Donald on this anywhere near a live feed or anyone's cellphone. are these for choo choo trains that can go under water? or is everyone so enamored with endless nonsense when it comes to politics anywhere on Earth, except maybe the DPRK, that they think that what I am writing in this blog comment is just more nonsense. 2 tap water plants. it's not just a weather problem and has nothing to do with orbiting satellites.

Errrm! I think that you need to mix more 'tap water' in with whatever you're taking.

When Phua Thai announced a raft of similar projects with a budget also in the trillions Abhisit threw his hands up in horror and said it would saddle the Thai people with a heavy debt Burdon for 50 years.

So can we expect a similar announcement from him some time soon ?

Don't hold your breath.coffee1.gif

1.79 trillion baht ???

where do they get these figures from?

Most Thais dont pay tax and rich Thais pay virtually nothing either.

Are they going to borrow it...........again.

Have they paid for those fire trucks and patrol boats they scammed from Steyr,Austria 20 years ago ?

No mention of improving the level of education in this country. Its always about roads, fast trains, new government buildings and bar towns etc etc.

Hellooooo!

This forum is about Thailand, i don't give a butt about news in the USA.

In 2013 the EC rejected caretaker PM Yingluck's request to issue treasury bonds in order to make advanced payments to the rice farmers involved in the rice pledge program. The EC argued that a caretaker government couldn't burden the next government with long-term debt.

When Prayut overthrew the Yingluck regime he seemed to agree with the same principle (The Nation 2014-08-19):

"Junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha told the National Legislative Assembly yesterday the proposed budget would not leave problems or debt for the country in the long run - as he would only be in power for one year.

I don't want to create a burden. There is no debt. Only one year [in power], I will do what should be done."

Over the last 30 months Prayut has instead taken on long-term foreign debt and issued long-term treasury bonds to pay for his own economic stimulus programs. His fiscal strategy seem like every day is a Chinese New Year.

In response the EC has smartly remained silent. Better to wait until its future is secured in the next constitution and an elected government without absolute power with which it can abuse its authority than confront the current regime.

In 2013 the EC rejected caretaker PM Yingluck's request to issue treasury bonds in order to make advanced payments to the rice farmers involved in the rice pledge program. The EC argued that a caretaker government couldn't burden the next government with long-term debt.

When Prayut overthrew the Yingluck regime he seemed to agree with the same principle (The Nation 2014-08-19):

"Junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha told the National Legislative Assembly yesterday the proposed budget would not leave problems or debt for the country in the long run - as he would only be in power for one year.

I don't want to create a burden. There is no debt. Only one year [in power], I will do what should be done."

Over the last 30 months Prayut has instead taken on long-term foreign debt and issued long-term treasury bonds to pay for his own economic stimulus programs. His fiscal strategy seem like every day is a Chinese New Year.

In response the EC has smartly remained silent. Better to wait until its future is secured in the next constitution and an elected government without absolute power with which it can abuse its authority than confront the current regime.

The PM has a plan if the Charter is voted down. It could have something to do with 20 year plans.

Seriously, it would not surprise me if the Thai Military installs itself permanently within the next 18 months. The PM has been on this trajectory for two decades.

well, I can announce many projects I'm intending to sign for in September....

But then September comes.................and my dreams shattered

.. but in your case it's probably due to the lack of energy.

well, fortunately not all are like you. And as everbody knows PM is an epilome of energy. So probably you might be his brother in mind so far.

"Last December, the cabinet action planned for all of the projects in an effort to boost the countrys economy and competitiveness."

None of these projects will boost Thailand's economy and competitiveness. If any of these projects actually get started then increasing costs, cheating, and mismanagement will delay completion probably indefinitely.

The focus needs to be on foreign investment, exports, and devalue the baht.

cheating?? Who is cheating? How you know that?