Obama to make first visit of his presidency to a US mosque

webfact

Well, I still think Obama is a good and highly intelligent man but not the great president we were indeed HOPING for. "Just" ... nearly great. I'm still proud the USA elected him twice, and if he could and did run again, he would win a third term. (Which frankly is partly about the "quality" of the competition.bah.gif )

Edited by Jingthing

Why all the interest in whether Obama is or is not muslim? (I think its moot).

Because otherwise his fawning sycophantic overtures to a religion- sharia- have no context. People remain confounded by this because when we remove the debate -Is Obama a muslim?- from our discussions we are left with the terrifying reality of his actions alone. They are inexplicable. There appears to be, on behalf of Obama, an inexorable submission to a religion that is not present with regard to Buddhists, Hindus, Christians, and certainly not Jews. Obama kowtows to this religion in a way that is better defined by his different standard applied to others. That's why those Obama bullet points posted previously feel so viscerally meaningful, but really reach no conclusion. All of Obama's actions and statements must mean something, but they are not explained. We are only told they do not mean something.

Obama's primary goals in office are easily measured by his primary actions to date. Most have been toward the empowerment of islam and the redefining of islam to the west in a manner that is incomplete, or like his speech at the mosque, brutal lies. I turned off Obama's speech after the second lie.

1. Islam means peace. "It comes from the root word salam, like salamalakum. ...peace be with you," said Obama. No, Islam does not mean peace, it means submission. Islam is not etymologically related to salam. It does not mean peace. Its a common and 'convenient' misconception, yes, but its his chief deceit at this mosque and the president knows it does not mean peace. Anyone with even a cursory understanding of Arabic knows this.

2. Islam was an integral part of the forming of our nation, says Obama. He transitions into Adams and Jefferson having their very own korans as proof of... What he never adds is that islamic terrorists were killing Americans for many years, beheading, enslaving, demanding jizya tax. A muslim envoy [in Paris] told Jefferson it was "their right to plunder, enslave, and kill all who were not muslims and did not pay the tax." Jefferson/Adams then got a copy of of their religion to understand, not to adore. These two presidents followed each other and each had these books to try to understand how to navigate this grave threat to the US. Following the information gleaned in the Adams/Jefferson korans, it was concluded that the only way to stop the islamic terrorism upon America was to build a navy and attack.

Thus "...the shores of Tripoli" in the Marine Corps song! The korans informed the decision that military action was the only solution. This was over 200 years ago!

Obama may be many things but honest is not one of them.

The only post on this discussion here that I agree with. clap2.gif

Because otherwise his fawning sycophantic overtures to a religion- sharia- have no context. People remain confounded by this because when we remove the debate -Is Obama a muslim?- from our discussions we are left with the terrifying reality of his actions alone. They are inexplicable. There appears to be, on behalf of Obama, an inexorable submission to a religion that is not present with regard to Buddhists, Hindus, Christians, and certainly not Jews. Obama kowtows to this religion in a way that is better defined by his different standard applied to others. That's why those Obama bullet points posted previously feel so viscerally meaningful, but really reach no conclusion. All of Obama's actions and statements must mean something, but they are not explained. We are only told they do not mean something.

Obama's primary goals in office are easily measured by his primary actions to date. Most have been toward the empowerment of islam and the redefining of islam to the west in a manner that is incomplete, or like his speech at the mosque, brutal lies. I turned off Obama's speech after the second lie.

1. Islam means peace. "It comes from the root word salam, like salamalakum. ...peace be with you," said Obama. No, Islam does not mean peace, it means submission. Islam is not etymologically related to salam. It does not mean peace. Its a common and 'convenient' misconception, yes, but its his chief deceit at this mosque and the president knows it does not mean peace. Anyone with even a cursory understanding of Arabic knows this.

2. Islam was an integral part of the forming of our nation, says Obama. He transitions into Adams and Jefferson having their very own korans as proof of... What he never adds is that islamic terrorists were killing Americans for many years, beheading, enslaving, demanding jizya tax. A muslim envoy [in Paris] told Jefferson it was "their right to plunder, enslave, and kill all who were not muslims and did not pay the tax." Jefferson/Adams then got a copy of of their religion to understand, not to adore. These two presidents followed each other and each had these books to try to understand how to navigate this grave threat to the US. Following the information gleaned in the Adams/Jefferson korans, it was concluded that the only way to stop the islamic terrorism upon America was to build a navy and attack.

Thus "...the shores of Tripoli" in the Marine Corps song! The korans informed the decision that military action was the only solution. This was over 200 years ago!

Why ...moot or not...is Obama's imagined religion such a problem for you. Would it be such a problem for you if Obama were a closet Hindu, Sikh, Jew, Buddhist or atheist? Speaks volumes about your bigotry aimed at one particular relgion..

Edited by dexterm

<snip>

1. Islam means peace. "It comes from the root word salam, like salamalakum. ...peace be with you," said Obama. No, Islam does not mean peace, it means submission.

<snip>

Thank you for restating this. I am sick and tired of people saying that it is the "religion of peace" in response to some vile act done "in the name of Islam".

Why ...moot or not...is Obama's imagined religion such a problem for you. Would it be such a problem for you if Obama were a closet Hindu, Sikh, Jew, Buddhist or atheist? Speaks volumes about your bigotry aimed at one particular relgion..

Its moot because no man or woman should ever be judged by their religion [alone], but by their actions. The only words I used that evidenced any subjectivity above are "confounded, inexplicable, submission, kowtows, empowerment, lies, convenient, deceit, and honest" Every other point is an objective fact unrelated to any personal indictment except Obama himself as a conclusion. Hardly bigotry. In fact, what Obama believes is repeatedly stated by me to be irrelevant. A man/woman should be judged by actions. The above post only reveals perception, not bias.

As an American I am embarrased that Obama is our President.

If Presidential elections are anything to go by, you appear to be in a minority.

In the OP he clearly demonstrates he is President of the UNITED States, not "divide through fear and bigotry"states.

Edited by dexterm

The President's speech was aiming for inclusiveness to reduce the potential for friction within US society. At the end of the day all Abrahamic religious philosophies aim for 'peace', whether it be by surrender / submission to the Will of God or other paths. Your denial of the very clear principle of 'peace' within the religion of Islam (not political Islam) is, to me, dishonest.

Obama's reference to Jefferson / Adams was in relation to the underlying principle of religious freedom for all faiths in the USA. Your comments on the First Barbary War, in the context of the speech, are in IMO a diversion. BTW it was the British & Dutch forces in the Second Barbary War that finally ended piracy by North African rulers, not the US.

Below is commentary by Salon.com on Obama's speech in relation to the dullard response by one of the Republican Presidential candidates.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/04/rubios_foul_response_to_obamas_mosque_speech_straining_to_find_division_in_a_call_for_unity/

Speaks volumes about your bigotry aimed at one particular relgion..

One particular religion that does not seem to be able to fit in all around the world and exports terrorists everywhere.

Indeed.

They don't allow Christian Churches to exist in their countries and where they do pop up as in Africa, Christians are regularly slaughtered.

The President's speech was aiming for inclusiveness to reduce the potential for friction within US society. At the end of the day all Abrahamic religious philosophies aim for 'peace', whether it be by surrender / submission to the Will of God or other paths. Your denial of the very clear principle of 'peace' within the religion of Islam (not political Islam) is, to me, dishonest.

Obama's reference to Jefferson / Adams was in relation to the underlying principle of religious freedom for all faiths in the USA. Your comments on the First Barbary War, in the context of the speech, are in IMO a diversion. BTW it was the British & Dutch forces in the Second Barbary War that finally ended piracy by North African rulers, not the US.

Below is commentary by Salon.com on Obama's speech in relation to the dullard response by one of the Republican Presidential candidates.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/04/rubios_foul_response_to_obamas_mosque_speech_straining_to_find_division_in_a_call_for_unity/

I never stated the US ended any war. You did. I only noted that the Islamic terrorism through two presidents forced both their efforts to understand Islam then their conclusion that force must be used. Facts.

Linking these presidents as Obama did was fraudulent; a diversion, not mine. Not my observation of it.

The comments on religious freedom for all is correct and must remain so. But the typical Obama conflation to reach the conclusions he offered are divorced from reality and me and the "dullard" Rubio see this.

That you would presume to measure my dishonesty impugns your every comment. My honesty is not the OP.

My commenting on the deceitful translation by Obama is hardly my own subjective commentary. It's a fact. Submission to Islam is by conversion, death, or taxation to not convert. This "peace" is binding- submission- on all the world. There's far more subjective, even ad hominem, commentary from you than me.

While not this OP Obama again conflated facts today when discussing his mosque speech, equating Nazi persecution of Jews with Islamic persecution in the US. The story revolved around a POW camp where Jews were to be shot. Were the truth and contrasting deceit in this man not so profound it could be chalked up simply as differing views. But there's a palpable intent to antagonize and divide.

No, Abrhamic religions are not the same. Simply contrasting Ephesians and the Sword Verse dispel that delusion.

Edited by arjunadawn

I never stated the US ended any war. You did. I only noted that the Islamic terrorism through two presidents forced both their efforts to understand Islam then their conclusion that force must be used. Facts.

Linking these presidents as Obama did was fraudulent; a diversion, not mine. Not my observation of it.

The comments on religious freedom for all is correct and must remain so. But the typical Obama conflation to reach the conclusions he offered are divorced from reality and me and the "dullard" Rubio see this.

That you would presume to measure my dishonesty impugns your every comment. My honesty is not the OP.

My commenting on the deceitful translation by Obama is hardly my own subjective commentary. It's a fact. Submission to Islam is by conversion, death, or taxation to not convert. This "peace" is binding- submission- on all the world. There's far more subjective, even ad hominem, commentary from you than me.

While not this OP Obama again conflated facts today when discussing his mosque speech, equating Nazi persecution of Jews with Islamic persecution in the US. The story revolved around a POW camp where Jews were to be shot. Were the truth and contrasting deceit in this man not so profound it could be chalked up simply as differing views. But there's a palpable intent to antagonize and divide.

No, Abrhamic religions are not the same. Simply contrasting Ephesians and the Sword Verse dispel that delusion.

I presume you have now read / listened to the entire speech by Obama.

You & I have reached different conclusions, as I said above Obama IMO was endeavouring to acheive inclusiveness for and of the US Muslim community. I find it extraordinary you & others do not recognise the spiritual within Islam that I truly believe Obama is seeking to communicate, whilst recognising the dangers of political Islam, as a counter narrative to a singular negative view by & of Muslims / Islam that cements conflict within our societies.

You & I have reached different conclusions, as I said above Obama IMO was endeavouring to acheive inclusiveness for and of the US Muslim community. I find it extraordinary you & others do not recognise the spiritual within Islam that I truly believe Obama is seeking to communicate, whilst recognising the dangers of political Islam, as a counter narrative to a singular negative view by & of Muslims / Islam that cements conflict within our societies.

There is no "you and I." You and I are not the OP.

"Political islam" is not like a carburetor. You can take it of and observe and dissect it but you cannot separate it from the car and either be whole or have meaningful context. The car will not run without it. Willfully, apologists obfuscate the real problems with islam and always seeks to separate the whole into pieces- islamic jihad, moderate islam, political islam... ad infinitum, as if through division the sum no longer resembled the whole. On its face alone this reveals the disassembly. Islam is not divisible this way and their jurists and jihadis know this too.

Not recognizing this profound reality is the space that Obama works in when he offers islam to America in a manner that is perhaps true in a part, but never the whole. Islam would maintain (IMO), by overwhelming majority, it is indivisible.

simple1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 08:58, said:
arjunadawn, on 05 Feb 2016 - 06:51, said:

I would respectfully suggest that if the aim of President Obama was to achieve inclusiveness for American Muslims he would have done it 7 years ago and not when he is about to leave office.