Singaporean applying Thai Non-B Visa in Singapore

Hi All,

I am going to apply for Non-B visa in Singapore for work purpose in Thailand.

Hope the experience people here can help me with 2 questions.

1) I am going to apply for work permit when I arrived in Thailand.

Do I apply for the single entry or I have a chance to get the multiple-entry visa?

2) I need to get company to reimburse me for the Visa application fee.

Does Thai Embassy in Singapore issue me a receipt displaying the visa I applied and the fee I paid?

Thank you very much.

In order to apply for single entry non-b visa you will need a work permit application approval letter from the Labor Ministry.

See here for all the requirements: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa-b

You will not be able to get a multiple entry visa and it would not be required since you will be able to sappy for a one extension.

They will give you a receipt for the visa application. The visa sticker will also show the fee paid.

• Like 1

When submitting the WP3 inform your company that for a Singapore National your Minimum Salary to be submitted is 45,000THB. Anything less than that the Application will not be approve. *many people don't know about this

There is no minimum salary to get a work permit. The minimum salary is only for getting an extension of stay based upon working.

Not that I'm Singaporean or resident there for that matter, but isn't it strange that the embassy there doesn't even issue multi entry non-Bs to it's own citizens?

So that means multi entry non-Bs are only really available in western countries?

When submitting the WP3 inform your company that for a Singapore National your Minimum Salary to be submitted is 45,000THB. Anything less than that the Application will not be approve. *many people don't know about this

There is no minimum salary to get a work permit. The minimum salary is only for getting an extension of stay based upon working.

Ok, So what you mean is that i can declare that my wages is less than 45,000 if i am a Singapore Citizen to obtain a work Permit.

But i won't be able to do Extension of visa ?

Now i am confuse

Edited by Jackieiam

Thai Visa is free for singaporean

Hi Jackieiam, are you sure about this? You have personally applied for non-B visa and it is free of charge?

I assumed you are a fellow Singaporean too :)

Also, what is your experience in getting non-B visa?

Did you manage to get single entry only or you managed to apply for multiple entry?

Thank you very much.

Thai Visa is free for singaporean

Hi Jackieiam, are you sure about this? You have personally applied for non-B visa and it is free of charge?

I assumed you are a fellow Singaporean too smile.png

Also, what is your experience in getting non-B visa?

Did you manage to get single entry only or you managed to apply for multiple entry?

Thank you very much.

Nope, i did not experience it myself as i am still in the process of Obtaining a Non-B the only difference is i am already in Thailand.

But i did Visa Extension in Laos before when everyone pay 1000 THB for a 60days Single Entry Tourist Visa i Paid nothing and my friend (Singaporean) who is holding a Non-O Visa also did not pay the 2,000 THB (Single Entry) / 5,000 (Multiple Entry)

So i am rather sure that Thai Visa is Free for Singaporean / Malaysian and some other Nationals.

From what i know is that you can only get a Single Entry Non-B (90days) after which you come into Thailand and apply for Work Permit With that you can proceed to Apply for Non-B (Multi-Entry) 1-Year Visa.

• Like 1

Not that I'm Singaporean or resident there for that matter, but isn't it strange that the embassy there doesn't even issue multi entry non-Bs to it's own citizens?

So that means multi entry non-Bs are only really available in western countries?

The problem now is get a multiple entry visa is that he does not have a wort permit. They might if he had one.

Multiple entry visas with a work permit is possible to get in Penang.

Ok, So what you mean is that i can declare that my wages is less than 45,000 if i am a Singapore Citizen to obtain a work Permit.

But i won't be able to do Extension of visa ?

Now i am confuse

Work permits and extension are issued by different entities with different requirements.. No minimum salary needed to apply for the work permit at the Labor Ministry. To get an extension at immigration you do need to prove a minimum salary.

The problem now is get a multiple entry visa is that he does not have a wort permit. They might if he had one.

Hi ubonjoe, I do have a letter from Board of Investment Thailand which is equivalent to the WP3 approval letter from Ministry of Labour.

I wonder if this will help me towards getting a multiple entry visa?

Secondly, as Jackieiam has mentioned, if I only managed to get a single entry and I proceed to obtain my work permit, does the work permit allows me to enter and exit Thailand freely during the validity of the work permit?

Thank you very much.

OK pardon me, To make it simple My WP3 application i don't have to report that my Salary is more than 45K which can be any amount.

But when it comes to Immigration Office / Consulate i will have to Prove that my Salary is more than 45K. In what way?

Because i assume that i will have to show them the WP3 as part of the document in Order to Obtain a Non-B for the first time.

There's not other Document that can be use to verify this part Unless they don't bother.

i am having a trouble here trying to get the company Fill up the application.

So this is my case my salary is Basic + Commission. The Basic it's self is not over 45K but with the commission it will be.

So in this case i should Just go on and report 45K?

Please Advice

I was actually think to hire a Lawyer to this But it will cost another 20K+ it will be good if i can handle it myself.

Edited by Jackieiam

Hi ubonjoe, I do have a letter from Board of Investment Thailand which is equivalent to the WP3 approval letter from Ministry of Labour.

I wonder if this will help me towards getting a multiple entry visa?

Secondly, as Jackieiam has mentioned, if I only managed to get a single entry and I proceed to obtain my work permit, does the work permit allows me to enter and exit Thailand freely during the validity of the work permit?

Thank you very much.

Teo, Work Permit and Visa is a different thing. You are allow to stay in Thailand by having a valid visa and you are allow to work in that by having a work permit

You'll need Both of it which Ubonjoe mention it's from 2 different places

OK pardon me, To make it simple My WP3 application i don't have to report that my Salary is more than 45K which can be any amount.

But when it comes to Immigration Office / Consulate i will have to Prove that my Salary is more than 45K. In what way?

Because i assume that i will have to show them the WP3 as part of the document in Order to Obtain a Non-B for the first time.

There's not other Document that can be use to verify this part Unless they don't bother.

i am having a trouble here trying to get the company Fill up the application.

So this is my case my salary is Basic + Commission. The Basic it's self is not over 45K but with the commission it will be.

So in this case i should Just go on and report 45K?

Please Advice

I was actually think to hire a Lawyer to this But it will cost another 20K+ it will be good if i can handle it myself.

To get the non-b visa there will be no need to prove your salary. You will need a work permit application approval letter to get it not WP3.

When you apply for the extension of stay at immigration proof of your salary will be part of the paperwork that your employer will need to supply.

Hi Gentlemen,

I have a following question to seek your advice.

According to thai embassy website:

Types and validity of Non-Immigrant Visa-B:

• Single-Entry: valid for 90 days after the date of application. Visa holders may contact the Immigration Bureau of Thailand, after entering Thailand, for the extension of stay and re-entry permit.
  • Multiple-Entry: valid for 1 year after the date of application (90 days maximum per stay). This type of visa will only be granted to those who wish to visit Thailand for short business trips and do not seek to be employed in Thailand.

If I did managed to get a multiply-entry Visa-B, does this mean that I have to do visa run every 90 days?

Or I will be covered by my work permit, where I will be able to stay for a period longer than 90 days?

Thank you very much.

Hi Gentlemen,

• Single-Entry: valid for 90 days after the date of application. Visa holders may contact the Immigration Bureau of Thailand, after entering Thailand, for the extension of stay and re-entry permit.
  • Multiple-Entry: valid for 1 year after the date of application (90 days maximum per stay). This type of visa will only be granted to those who wish to visit Thailand for short business trips and do not seek to be employed in Thailand.

If I did managed to get a multiply-entry Visa-B, does this mean that I have to do visa run every 90 days?

Or I will be covered by my work permit, where I will be able to stay for a period longer than 90 days?

Thank you very much.

A work permit does not, of itself, permit(or "cover") any stay and most certainly will not allow a stay of more than 90 days if you were to hold a multiple entry "B" visa.

Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you very much.

A work permit does not, of itself, permit(or "cover") any stay and most certainly will not allow a stay of more than 90 days if you were to hold a multiple entry "B" visa.

Now I get more confuse. After I obtain a Multiple entry Non-B I thought i only need to do a 90Days Reporting of address at the immigration. Please correct me if I am wrong. Or I have to exit every 3 month? I have to do this even with Non-b + WP? Edited by Jackieiam

Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you very much.

Now I get more confuse. After I obtain a Multiple entry Non-B I thought i only need to do a 90Days Reporting of address at the immigration. Please correct me if I am wrong. Or I have to exit every 3 month? I have to do this even with Non-b + WP?

A multiple entry visa only provides for 90 day stays during its validity. If you had such a visa you would have to leave and reenter the country every 90 days.

A Work Permit does not allow you to stay in country, only a visa entry or extension of stay gives permission to stay.

Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you very much.

Now I get more confuse. After I obtain a Multiple entry Non-B I thought i only need to do a 90Days Reporting of address at the immigration. Please correct me if I am wrong. Or I have to exit every 3 month? I have to do this even with Non-b + WP?

A multiple entry visa only provides for 90 day stays during its validity. If you had such a visa you would have to leave and reenter the country every 90 days.

A Work Permit does not allow you to stay in country, only a visa entry or extension of stay gives permission to stay.

Sorry I still don't understand. Non-b multiple entry valid for 1year but I cannot stay longer than 90days in the country? I doesn't make sense, my colleague don't have to leave the country only do a 90days reporting at the immigration.

So what allows him to do that?

Jackieiam

If your colleague makes 90 day reports he does not have a "Visa" he has an "extension of stay" obtained, with the correct paperwork, from a Thai immigration office.

You could obtain the same, with paperwork supplied by your company, by applying for an "extension of stay" during the last 30 days of any permitted 90 day stay.

A multi-entry visa will only allow multiple 90 day stays for one year. Such a visa requires you to leave and reenter the country every 90 days.

Jackieiam

If your colleague makes 90 day reports he does not have a "Visa" he has an "extension of stay" obtained, with the correct paperwork, from a Thai immigration office.

You could obtain the same, with paperwork supplied by your company, by applying for an "extension of stay" during the last 30 days of any permitted 90 day stay.

A multi-entry visa will only allow multiple 90 day stays for one year. Such a visa requires you to leave and reenter the country every 90 days.

Ok I get it now thanks.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to hijack but continuing on the requirement of minimum salary. If I understand right, there is no minimum required to get a (renewal of) work permit.

However, there is a minimum salary required for an extension of stay (based on a non-B visa). Europeans 50,000 thb.

Is there a minimum salary for getting an extension of stay based on a non-O (marriage to Thai) visa? I'm not sure but guess it's lower than the 50,000 thb. Maybe 30,000 or 35,000 thb?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ivowatson said:

Is there a minimum salary for getting an extension of stay based on a non-O (marriage to Thai) visa? I'm not sure but guess it's lower than the 50,000 thb. Maybe 30,000 or 35,000 thb?

For an extension of stay based upon marriage the minimum income is 40k baht. You also have the option of showing 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months. It is same whether your are working or not.

• Like 1