JC Hill Condo - your opinions

properjob

I'd say it's more Canal Road than Jed Yod, although that soi does end up there of course.

It's an old, cheap, crappy building with not enough parking.

Other than that, it's no worse than other old, cheap crappy buildings. wink.png And in a congested area that doesn't really say 'Chiang Mai' really, but if you need to be in the CMU/Nimman area a lot then it could work.

But anyway what matters most is probably the price. If all you have is for example 500K or so then you'll be fishing in that general pond. (Although I would still prefer the Railway station area in that case but that could just be me.)

I'd say it's more Canal Road than Jed Yod, although that soi does end up there of course.

It's an old, cheap, crappy building with not enough parking.

Other than that, it's no worse than other old, cheap crappy buildings. wink.png And in a congested area that doesn't really say 'Chiang Mai' really, but if you need to be in the CMU/Nimman area a lot then it could work.

But anyway what matters most is probably the price. If all you have is for example 500K or so then you'll be fishing in that general pond. (Although I would still prefer the Railway station area in that case but that could just be me.)

Thanks, Winnie. That is helpful. I'll still take a look, but now the expectations are duly tempered :)

There is a lot of things you need to look out for. Big thing, look at the quality of the tap water in any property your purchase here. You can have city water or you can have private 'well water'. Believe me when I can tell you some of the older buildings will not have city water, markedly if they are slightly away from it all. I have had one friend buy into such a property and if you saw the stuff coming out his tap, you would want to be sick.

It is that bad, within just few weeks, the water filters are black and he has trouble just washing his clothes and lord forbid, I would not shower in that stuff.

With anything older or run down, you will need to look why it got to that state.

Good Luck!

At JC Hill Condo there is one serious foreigner guy, who has couple of investments, including Penthouse.

He is renovating units to very high standard and renting it out via airbnb and other services. His company is called "Stay in Chiang Mai", you can fb it.

For sure he will not let that building to run down.

At JC Hill Condo there is one serious foreigner guy, who has couple of investments, including Penthouse.

He is renovating units to very high standard and renting it out via airbnb and other services. His company is called "Stay in Chiang Mai", you can fb it.

For sure he will not let that building to run down.

Thanks for that baywatch.

We have renovated quite a few condos in there including the penthouse but don't own all of them except for a studio on the 8th floor (currently for sale ;) ) and a big one on the 2nd floor. We manage the other ones we have renovated for the owners/investors. Returns are quite good. Among a lot of other upgrades, the lifts have been replaced, pool is being done up and the outside of the building will be painted this year.

Most of that thanks to the manager who is doing a super job.

Contact me if you need more info.

Stig

Archived