Police close in on foreign gang murdering Spanish businessman

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do not have time, to look for muders.When they are arresting. Old age pensioners!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You will find the answer, catman20, to your ????? if you click HERE

Edited by silver sea

It does not make any sense to be hanging about withdrawing money from atms, why risk getting caught when he supposedly has 37 million sitting in Singapore account. There is a lot more to this story than what is been reported, i would hazard a guess and say Artur will never be found and the trail will run cold. Why he was killed is anyone's guess, nasty bit of work.

It does not make any sense to be hanging about withdrawing money from atms, why risk getting caught when he supposedly has 37 million sitting in Singapore account. There is a lot more to this story than what is been reported, i would hazard a guess and say Artur will never be found and the trail will run cold. Why he was killed is anyone's guess, nasty bit of work.

He may have up to 12 Thai accomplaces, so he seems to be in many places at the same time withdrawing money.

Quite a sum involved here, if not legit money then a deal gone wrong.

If legit money then an extortion, by someone he trusted, maybe he was gay and the suspect was close to his confidence and robbed him , maybe not, however there seems to be more than one involved and Thai police suspect 12 Thais involved in setting up bank accounts for Artur.

So that looks like a bit organised, also suspect is the key card in the door not being reported by the maid and the lack of CCTV footage from the hotel, maybe some suspects here.

They say that this crime is unusual then they forget that Shane Looker dissapeared out of LOS , is red flagged by interpol and has not been sighted after the gruesome find of the suitcase body in the river.

So there is a chopper in BK, a gruesome act ,one you would think commmitted by a possible psycopath, there is much to come from this story.

There has been no motive for the Looker case that I have heard of unless someone can enlighten, but there is a similarity in the method of execution here, not saying that it is linked but wonder if they are looking.

I don't believe in the Easter Bunny or this story. I accept Occam's razor as a useful anslytic tool but this explanation is overly simplistic. 4million Baht is not a lot of money and it's not going to get you stitched up like this. There was major payback involved here and/or a message to someone still alive.

But why don't you believe in the Easter bunny???

The girl in the photo from the last update, suggests that the police still do... Isn't that a bunny rabbit charade?

Personally, I'm waiting for the tattooed perp to be caught, so we can have another round of casting aspersions on what kind of people get tatts ???

Ah ha!

I'll be the first to say it!

He has tattoo's! ( and funny looking suspender things)

post-249978-0-99046200-1454737103_thumb.

Edited by farcanell

I don't believe in the Easter Bunny or this story. I accept Occam's razor as a useful anslytic tool but this explanation is overly simplistic. 4million Baht is not a lot of money and it's not going to get you stitched up like this. There was major payback involved here and/or a message to someone still alive.

The girl in the photo from the last update, suggests that the police still do... Isn't that a bunny rabbit charade?

Personally, I'm waiting for the tattooed perp to be caught, so we can have another round of casting aspersions on what kind of people get tatts

Ah ha!

Normally known as a backpack.

They do not have time, to look for muders.When they are arresting. Old age pensioners!

I think we are being unfair on the BIB over this bridge club thing. Let's face it the bridge clubbers are old and won't run away, they are old and unlikely to fight, they are old and probably easily intimidated, bridge players tend to be from a social strata with money and can therefore probably pay "fines" and they knew where they met on a regular basis.

Who would you rather arrest? The harmless bridge players or the rather more dangerous psychopaths behind this murder?

They would probably prefer to arrest Bridge players. Turned out to the the laughing stock of the world Everyone is laughing at the authorities about this whole thing

WOW Watch this space

(but not if you play cards, a game of 21 anyone)

This is getting like a boring old joke that keeps being repeated.

A young man has been horrifically murdered and I`m rooting for the police that they catch the perpetrators and should everyone else..

Cameras from the ATMs should prove extremely vital.

Linked to an account in Singapore, foreign gangs? Chinese triads? This guy was Spanish and I doubt any western European gangs have a serious foothold here, Russian? Burmese? rolleyes.gif

Why are they so sure about this?

The only ones that do are the Ukrainian/Hungarian/Polish/Romanian/other eastern European? ATM skimming gangs. However, their numbers are small and they seem to be poorly organised. I'm not sure if they are even based here or if they simply move from country to country. Malaysians are also quite prolific at ATM and credit card scams too, but again, I'm doubtful that there are any who are permanently based here, though I could be wrong of course.

Never heard of any Burmese gangs here either, though there are plenty of Burmese workers.

Russian mafia gangs, yes that's possible. As well as Chinese thievery gangs.

Overall however, more than likely we are talking about a Thai gang. "Foreigners" are just scapegoats as we all know there were no foreigners involved in the murder of this businessman.

Personally, I'm waiting for the tattooed perp to be caught, so we can have another round of casting aspersions on what kind of people get tatts

Ah ha!

Normally known as a backpack.

LOL... Killjoy... I was going to start a conspiracy line about a gun stashed at the small of his back.

"The latest transaction of money by the victim was over 100,000 US dollars from his Singapore account, a police officer said."

and he did this by internet banking!?,

and no money laundering flags were raised!?,

and the recipient is pulling this sort of cash out of an ATM!?

DAILY ATM TRANSACTION LIMIT AT KASIKORN IS 40000 BAHT

I have transferred sums in the amount stated from Singapore to Thailand when the wife bought the house for example. The Singapore bank phoned me and asked questions before they would send the money. If they took the money out over the counter it would raise eyebrows in any Thai bank I am sure. When the wife bought the house we got a cashiers cheque, so I dont believe it was foreigners who did this. I would never say they couldnt or wouldnt but the way this report is presented it does not look typical of a foreign crime

Depends on your banking relationship.. My primary bankers transfer amounts into the million plus without confirm when receiving fax instruction with my signature and code words. Online banking is a few 100k USD.

As for cash withdrawals.. For a land purchase I was able to get 5 mil, without any prior appointment, over the counter in a fairly small shopping mall branch. Just passbox and Thai DL and out it came. No private room available for counting either so way too public for my taste.

'Way too public...'

Says 'Charlie big-potatoes' whilst bragging about it on a web forum.

Im sorry but if you are looking for a suspect - why allow Thai media to post it Online? Why would you want to tell the suspected killer that you are looking for them? doesn't the element of surprise help more?
Personally i would be booking in to have plastic surgery and a new hair color and shave my eyebrows immediately, then i would be buying a new passport and off on a fishing boat. DUH!@

Thai PBS's badly written articles make me want to throw myself into the river.

I'm surprised anybody could tell there WAS a body part in the river in one picture I saw, it was so chock-a-block slap full of garbage.

-----------------------------------------

Here's an interesting (well written) article.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Extortion-theft-of-millions-linked-to-murder-of-Sp-30278657.html

Read the LINKEDIN page of David Bernat, if you haven't already. He was an IT/Telecom consultant, apparently quite successful. He moved about quite a bit in SE Asia. With this story in mind, fragmentary though it is, I guess there is a reason why the rich don't like to go out of their secured compounds. That is one side of it. But it is not enough to explain this. If it were THAT unhealthy for wealthy businesspeople in BKK, if there were abduction crimes going on daily like in Mexico, I guess we would know. My theory is that he was involved in something, something big. Have you watched THE COUNSELOR? That sort of thing. The way of killing has signal value. Perhaps the money he took out of his account(s) before dying belonged in part to other people after all, who knows. If that is so, there would not have been any place to hide for the poor guy.

Meeting held to consider issuing arrest warrant for Spanish murder suspect

67-wpcf_725x413.jpg

BANGKOK: Deputy commissioner of Metropolitan Police Bureau Pol Maj Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk said today that police investigators handling the abduction and murder of the Spanish businessman David Bernat will meet late this afternoon to sum up all their findings and evidences.

They will consider if the evidences they collected and witnesses they questioned would be substantial to seek warrant for the arrest of a key suspect 36-year-old Artur Princep Segarra who was seen walking with a Thai girl out of a condominium of Sukhumvit Soi 4 where the killed businessman stayed, the senior police officer said.

Artur is also wanted by Spanish police for travel document forgery.

The Spanish police produced arrest warrant for Artur in Spain to Thai police yesterday, along with his photograph in seeking his arrest for forged documents.

Pol Maj Gen Suwat said a Thai girl who was with Artur might also involve in the case.

Both are still hiding in the country, he said.

Artur travelled in and out of the country for over 30 times and his visit visa has already expired.

Police believed many persons were involved in the abduction and murder of the businessman.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149864

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-06

Traveling between Burma (export capital of meth) to Iran (2m meth users) through Thailand. Strongest of ties between Burmese military (backers of meth trade militias) and top Thai power broker. Wild guess but this could have something to do with this. Clearly message sending way to dispose of body.

Don't you get it, the murder was MEANT to be discovered, and exactly in this way too! That is why they wrapped the body parts in plastic so they would not degrade so quickly in the water. This is not what Thais do, except as auxiliaries, maybe, and this is not what homosexual lovers do either.

Don't you get it, the murder was MEANT to be discovered, and exactly in this way too! That is why they wrapped the body parts in plastic so they would not degrade so quickly in the water. This is not what Thais do, except as auxiliaries, maybe, and this is not what homosexual lovers do either.

I may of missed a bit in the thread but when did him possibly being homosexual come into it?

Traveling between Burma (export capital of meth) to Iran (2m meth users) through Thailand. Strongest of ties between Burmese military (backers of meth trade militias) and top Thai power broker. Wild guess but this could have something to do with this. Clearly message sending way to dispose of body.

Surely these people would find somebody else to act as a simple DRUG RUNNER for them...?

I may of missed a bit in the thread but when did him possibly being homosexual come into it?

Somebody suggested he and the perp may have been lovers. I have heard of love gone sour, but THIS...