How did you meet your Thai girlfriend?

1happykamper

I am not one to frequent bars but I am social and get out and about. However, I'm having zero luck in finding a good Thai girl. I often see really hot women on the arms of many farang... I think.. Are they just renting them for the weekend of season? Or is it much more?

Easy to find a rental.. Just pay and play.. So please share with me how you found your long term sweetie. Cheers from Chiang Mai.

Edited by 1happykamper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many just keep paying month in month out,year after year until death either comes or the relationship turns sour.

I have seen it first hand in my relatively short time here 7 years.

I must add that I have lived in that time in a rural setting in Phetchabun province but of all the expats I've met they all are in the same boat,it's rather sad really as some of the much younger wives are absolutely gagging for it,clearly not getting enough.

Thai woman are a resilient bunch often waiting years for the Farang sponsor to die.

Having achieved the ultimate goal of a big house,car,gold,children from previous Thai marriage schooled and educated to a higher than average level.

It's really been educational over the years.

Edited by stoneyboy

I met my wife through a Thai friend of mine who lives in the UK and I had known for many years. So not a lot of help I'm afraid.

Someone once said to me you need to try and find a Thai lady who isn't necessarily looking for a Farang boyfriend. That may mean getting off the beaten track.

Many just keep paying month in month out,year after year until death either comes or the relationship turns sour.

I must add that I have lived in that time in a rural setting in Phetchabun province but of all the expats I've met they all are in the same boat,it's rather sad really as some of the much younger wives are absolutely gagging for it,clearly not getting enough.

Thai woman are a resilient bunch often waiting years for the Farang sponsor to die.

Having achieved the ultimate goal of a big house,car,gold,children from previous Thai marriage schooled and educated to a higher than average level.

It must really get up your nose seeing old retirees with young birds, you never miss an opportunity to rag on them. What happened, one run off with your missus?biggrin.png

Edited by giddyup

In Paris.

You won't believe this,but I was the only one who could dance around the pole. Although I sometimes did slide to the floor,most of the other guys were a lot older and needed the pole to hold them upright
You were quite a catch!

I know and we will always have Paris

The old woman has come to the conclusion that it's better that I remain alive to maintain the income stream and take the nippers shopping and swimming on a weekend.

It must really get up your nose seeing old retirees with young birds, you never miss an opportunity to rag on them. What happened, one run off with your missus?biggrin.png

I find it amusing that you take such umbrage at it

The mistake the old farang codgers make is thinking that Thailand is some sort of "free zone" where societal perceptions of what is normal or abnormal are somehow suspended . . . well, sorry but they're NOT

As many Thais as farangs find the practice of "intergenerational" sexual relationships particularly odious - Thais are just better at keeping their mouths shut

The fact is that, like it or not, people - YOU included - make judgments every minute of every day about everybody else - the shaven-headed, tattooed guy in a Chang wifebeater is looked at as a potential yob, the young guy with a laptop bag is dismissed as one of those pesky digital nomads probably on a dodgy visa etc. If those two guys take umbrage with that judgment, most would tell them to modify their behaviour/appearance and the judgments should stop

With that in mind, I would suggest that if old men don't like people making judgments about them and their much younger Thai wives/girlfriends, they should modify their behaviour

Basically, if you don't like people to comment on the stink of your laundry, don't air it in public

The mistake the old farang codgers make is thinking that Thailand is some sort of "free zone" where societal perceptions of what is normal or abnormal are somehow suspended . . . well, sorry but they're NOT

I never saw coyote dancers on tables at UK weddings, graduations or family gatherings.

Didn't have them at my local Church Fete either.

Didn't ever bar fine the barmaids from my local either.

Nor have a soapy massage, oil massage, or VIP shower.

Can't remember any time my English wife's brother/father/friend suggested we sneak off down to the local brothel for a quick one.

Didn't buy my English wife from her mum (probably just as well as I would have had to return her as "not fit for purpose"

And in the 50 years I lived in the UK, nobody ever popped round my house with their teenage daughter in tow, asking if I'd like to buy her (that's actually happened to me 3x in the past 6 years I've been in Thailand).

So yeah, I'm thinking what was considered normal/abnormal in the UK, is completely different to what they consider normal in Thailand.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I found my g/f in Thai Love Links think it goes by a different name now. That was 4 years ago. A lot of the girls on the site are pretty straight forward. She is much younger than me but wiser than her years belie. Relationships here with Thai ladies is not free there are strings attached. I have come to learn and accept that now. She does not drink, smoke paint her nails use lipstick and eye liner as she is just a natural beautiful lady. For all our age difference we get along great. She is a sensitive soul and I am afraid for her after I am gone. She asks for little provides so much it truly amazes me every day and I pinch myself because I am so lucky. Good luck to you equal to the luck that befell me.

As many Thais as farangs find the practice of "intergenerational" sexual relationships particularly odious - Thais are just better at keeping their mouths shut

The fact is that, like it or not, people - YOU included - make judgments every minute of every day about everybody else - the shaven-headed, tattooed guy in a Chang wifebeater is looked at as a potential yob, the young guy with a laptop bag is dismissed as one of those pesky digital nomads probably on a dodgy visa etc. If those two guys take umbrage with that judgment, most would tell them to modify their behaviour/appearance and the judgments should stop

With that in mind, I would suggest that if old men don't like people making judgments about them and their much younger Thai wives/girlfriends, they should modify their behaviour

Basically, if you don't like people to comment on the stink of your laundry, don't air it in public

Never answered my question. I guess the answer is either too painful or too embarrassing.

Met my current Gf online. Dated about 30 girls over two years and then she came along. She worked and went to university and much much younger than me. We dated for a few months and after I met her family she moved in. She continued working and going to school to earn her own money. I give her room and board and pay when we go out. I don't believe a woman who can work should sit on her butt all day doing nothing. If she wants spending money get a job. I give her everything she needs but not everything she wants....

Had a bar girl Gf once who only wanted money and more money.... Looked good on the outside but a heart as cold as ice. Only saw her cry once and it was about money ....

In a BJ bar. She was so good that before the finale I reached down, parted the curtain, said hi and proposed. We've lived together happily ever after. Of course, she's stopped working at the bar but hasn't stopped working if you get what I mean, heh, heh, wink, wink.

In a BJ bar. She was so good that before the finale I reached down, parted the curtain, said hi and proposed. We've lived together happily ever after. Of course, she's stopped working at the bar but hasn't stopped working if you get what I mean, heh, heh, wink, wink.

Did she accept straight away (if you get what I mean, heh, heh, wink, wink.)

I only ask as they say it's rude to talk with your mouth full (if you get what I mean, heh, heh, wink, wink.)

I met mine thru the net,Wayn. She's A teacher and owns A business.The 1st thing is go to A language school and learn Thai.

Many Thai ladies like A farang that can talk to them in their own language.If you go and do that half the battle is won.Then go to

University libraries and start asking questions to the pretty students and go from there.

Never answered my question. I guess the answer is either too painful or too embarrassing.

Your question wasn't addressed to me but I might as well bite.

Women I deal with have self-respect.

They'd be utterly mortified at the prospect of doing anything more intimate with an old man than handing him his gout meds

Edited by Cypress Hill

I am not one to frequent bars but I am social and get out and about. However, I'm having zero luck in finding a good Thai girl. I often see really hot women on the arms of many farang... I think.. Are they just renting them for the weekend of season? Or is it much more?

Easy to find a rental.. Just pay and play.. So please share with me how you found your long term sweetie. Cheers from Chiang Mai.

With your attitude it is no wonder you can't get a girlfriend

I spent 3 years single and meeting girls from facebook and thaifriendly...then developing relationships via LINE....and really just gave up and started focusing on the gym...as soon as that happened more girls became interested as I lost interest in them...focusing on my own development and body sculpting. I have a gf now we have been together 14 months.

Edited by fireplay