PM says will study first charter draft carefully

rooster59

PM says will study first charter draft carefully

Thammarat Thadaphrom

BANGKOK, 6 February 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Cha-o-cha said today he would take a close look at the first draft of the new constitution following its publication.

The prime minister said a constitution is the most important mechanism that is used to run a country. It is the set of principles that all democratic countries of the world uphold. However, he said a constitution is not a special medicine nor a formula to fix Thailand’s problems.

He said everyone including himself needs to take their time studying the first constitution draft and avoid listening to the opinions of those who did not themselves draft the constitution, in order to prevent any confusion.

According to him, however well the constitution is written, it would still mean nothing should people fail to unite or work together to end years-long conflicts.

He said everyone should be disciplined and respect the law, adding that the hearts of the people are far more important than a constitution, because that is where ethics ultimately reside.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-07 footer_n.gif

I hope the 3 days locked in the office will give him tranquility to reflect on the charter. When even his supporters are unhappy with the charter, then surely that send a strong signal that the referendum will be a waste of money. He may promised a lot when he stage the coup but a strong leader should have the humility to make unpopular changes. Hope he does and keep assuring that the election time-table will be meet. That will being back some investors and consumer confidence.

I hope the 3 days locked in the office will give him tranquility to reflect on the charter. When even his supporters are unhappy with the charter, then surely that send a strong signal that the referendum will be a waste of money. He may promised a lot when he stage the coup but a strong leader should have the humility to make unpopular changes. Hope he does and keep assuring that the election time-table will be meet. That will being back some investors and consumer confidence.

Could I have a pint of whatever you're on please Eric!

Junta Juice.

Junta Juice.

My quick survey revealed that ain't going to happen. No happy ending and he is no strong leader.

Junta Juice.

My quick survey revealed that ain't going to happen. No happy ending and he is no strong leader.

I think you're probably right. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that he will end up being forced out, and it will (very sadly) probably be messy.

I'm also glad that I don't live in or around Bangkok, that is where it is going to be messy.

Edited by JAG

An unusual set of truths from Prayut:

However, he said a constitution is not a special medicine nor a formula to fix Thailand’s problems.

it would still mean nothing should people fail to unite or work together to end years-long conflicts.

It has been millitary coups used to fix Thailand's problems and resolve conflicts through martial law.

There have been more coups than constitutions 12 coups and 20 constitutions

While the RTM keeps trying to impose its idea of feudal-style democratic regimes on the Thai people, it has to resort to undemocratic measures to do so.

Edited by Srikcir

this guy is a barrel of laughs, ...

The prime minister said a constitution is the most important mechanism that is used to run a country.

from the man who pointed ignored that mechanism throughout the spring of 2014...

immediately followed by:

It is the set of principles that all democratic countries of the world uphold.

no, Khun GohHok, it is not. This is the anti-democratic turd that was produced by your hand-pick junta lackeys...

Then of course, he charts the path to a YES vote:

He said everyone including himself needs to take their time studying the first constitution draft and avoid listening to the opinions of those who did not themselves draft the constitution, in order to prevent any confusion.

which clearly points out that only his hand-picked lackeys will be allowed to explain the charter - exactly as he has told them to....

roll the turd, roll the turd...

From all comments I understand posters here really appreciate the PM reading the final draft of the charter. Now if only we could also read it, an English translation of it that is.

From all comments I understand posters here really appreciate the PM reading the final draft of the charter. Now if only we could also read it, an English translation of it that is.

Yes! It would be nice. BUt ! It has jack <deleted> to do with you or me.It is an attempt for Thailand. Non Thai must need submit to that.