Really cheap rooms in Pattaya ?

bow

During current high season, Soi Buakhow/Soi Lenkee/Soi Diana area B700 on up. Look at Booking.com If you want a more upscale room, look LK Renaissance or LK Metropole or Acera Lodge.

For B1500 to B2000, you can get closer to the beach.

"Really cheap rooms" needs to be taken in context. You can find really cheap rooms on the edges of town, but if you are constantly travelling back and forth to the middle of town by taxi/songthaew, you can offset a lot of the money that you think you are saving. And, don't seek a "really cheap room" if you expect a swimming pool and a high class restaurant in the building. By and large, you get what you pay for. If you are here for a long-term stay, shop around for a week or a month before making a commitment.

If he means hotel rooms at 2000 a night hardly cheap. If he means rooms for 2000 a month, no chance.

Of course he means 1500 to 2000 / month.

If a "room" means:

a shack with pappmaché walls, a padlock at the ply wood door, a hose and a bucket as bathroom and a mattress on 3*4 m.

Then yes, there are such rooms.

The not so well earning "girls" live in such rooms (often sharing two together).

1000 Baht per person is a typical number you hear.

Construction workers live in Nissen huts (not for rent to foreigners biggrin.png ).

And for 3000 you already find much better stuff (real walls and door, maybe a shower).

White lotus rd. smile.png (Soi Buakhao) is indeed one of the areas to look.

Sois off Buakhao between Soi Diana and Central rd. e.g. (right side when looking towards Central rd.).

Guess also in cheapo central Soi "Chaiyapoon".

Other such rooms (more in the 3000 Baht region) that I have seen: Soi 11 off South Pattaya rd. (if memory serves me well).

Whether they care for foreign renters?

Just arbitrary examples.

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's not unusual for 4 & five story, walk-up guest houses to rent the top floor rooms for very low monthly rates. Most regular guests don't want to climb 4 flights of stairs every time they go in or out. Usually fan only, shared bath.

Stayed in a GH once that rented to a bunch of LB's on the top floor...sounded like a knitting factory as they went up and down the stairs in their high heels.

Yes, I meant per month. 1500-2000 / night is not cheap, 300 / night is cheap.

This is actually good news. It seems that if I am prepared to go up to 3000 /month I can easily find the sort of room I am looking for within walking distance of Beach road.

Really cheap rooms can be rented for 300 baht per night. Even with air-con .

Not a bad room, actually. I had a similarly sized and furnished room in Hong Kong last year that was a bargain at US$80.

I once took a bus from Nong Khai to Pattaya, arriving at 4am...I was to meet a friend at noon and go on to Koh Samet. I just wanted a room to crash for a few hours and saw a sign on Soi Chaiyaphum, "Room B160" "How bad could it be?" I thought.

Bad! Very, very bad.

Sink broken and hanging half off the wall, no seat on a toilet that was black inside, broken tile floor with enough dirt on it to grow potatoes, single bed with a ratty foam pad over an open spring.

I was really tired...didn't take my shoes off when I lay down. Tired as I was, sleep wasn't going to happen.

I now realized it was a short time joint...for ladyboys and a nearby gay bar. Young Thai punks yelling in the hall and knocking on my door..."You wan blow job/"..."You got cig-ret?" Finally bailed out an hour or so later.

The last time I was on Chiayaphum, it was still there...now B200...No stars for Trip Advisor.

Edited by dddave

really cheap rooms are almost always full, because the cheap labor force keeps them occupied
you can go from apt to apt all day long and they will all be full

you will want to pay more before you will find a cheap room (if you don't truly need it)

Not bad at all for 300 a night, has everything except a window. Mind you 300 x 30 = 9000 a month should get you a decent place but over budget for the OP.

In Pattaya, windowless rooms can be an advantage as long as there is ventilation of some sort. Pattaya is one of the most incessantly noisy places on the planet and no window means far less outside noise...easier to sleep late into the morning as well without the sunlight streaming in.

I've had a favorite on Soi Diana for years...and one more good thing about it....it's almost always available.

Not bad at all for 300 a night, has everything except a window. Mind you 300 x 30 = 9000 a month should get you a decent place but over budget for the OP.

The video is a bit misleading :rolleyes:

It is Pandia House on Soi BuaKhao, but the banner outside the place read 500 baht a night, the last time I passed by.

The monthly rates are decent enough though.

http://www.pandiahousepattaya.com/rates

In Pattaya, windowless rooms can be an advantage as long as there is ventilation of some sort. Pattaya is one of the most incessantly noisy places on the planet and no window means far less outside noise...easier to sleep late into the morning as well without the sunlight streaming in.

I've had a favorite on Soi Diana for years...and one more good thing about it....it's almost always available.

Good point, if you can hack no window and feeling a bit claustrophobic. Then there is always whatever noise may be from the neighbors, next rooms, those coming and going. The closer the noise the more disturbing it may be. Though after a while you simply learn to live with noise, get used to it, or, if lucky not even notice it!

Wow, I am impressed by the interest in my innocent little question.

I must say I didn't realize that anybody could misunderstand "really cheap (1500 - 2000) room".

I have stayed on Soi Post office or Yamoto for 150 / night for about a month once. Room was on the 5th floor, but otherwise OK. (I think the building has been rebuilt now.) Although the person who thinks that a 2000 / night hotel room is "really cheap" would probably not have been happy there biggrin.png .