Transferring money OUT of Thailand - for Thai nationals

Hi,

I know that transferring money out of Thailand can be a pain in the a**. All sorts of documents are required that wouldn't be needed back home in the west, where we can just go online, set up a telegraphic (wire) transfer, enter the beneficiary details and be done with it.

Here, as a foreigner, there are two ways and for both you need a work permit:

1) You can transfer money via internet banking back to your own account back home, but only one account, unless you add more accounts later (but they must be your own). You will need to "register" the accounts first before you will be allowed to transfer the funds.

2) At a branch to anyone, provided you have a work permit. However, some banks won't do it unless you have documentary evidence of the purpose of the transfer. Bangkok Bank allows you to transfer without requiring any evidence, but SCB for example does.

As a Thai national, the requirements are much the same except they don't need a work permit.

However, it seems that some branches want to see the work permit of the foreigner the Thai citizen is transferring funds to, even though said foreigner has not accompanied the Thai national?

My question therefore is, which banks allow Thai nationals to transfer funds out without requiring any documentary evidence, simply filling out a form with the transfer details? I believe Bangkok Bank is one, but maybe it depends on the branch?

I know that sending the money out via their internet banking login is also a no-no, since again, they would have to prove the reason for the funds transfer, which can only be one out of 3-4 categories including education, transfers to family members living overseas etc.

OK I found out the answer: Bangkok Bank, but it depends on the branch. One branch wanted to see the work permit of the recipient, which is very odd considering that the recipient (beneficiary) has nothing to do with the qualifications of the sender, but a larger branch happily transferred the funds without question.