More Thais have turned to work in agricultural sector

webfact

More Thais have turned to work in agricultural sector

BANGKOK, 9 February 2016 (NNT) – Office of National Statistics director Wilailak Chuliwattanakul cited a survey conducted in December 2015 as saying about 38 million people were employed and more than 250,000 others un
employed.

The survey also found that an increased number of people turned to work in agricultural sector, accounting for an increase by almost 200,000 people from the same period in 2014. Meanwhile, the number of people employed in transportation, warehousing, health care activities and social work rose by only about 4,000.

The survey found about 255,000 unemployed in December 2015, accounting for an increase by over 35,000 from the same period last year. About 87,000 people were found to have never been employed before while 160,000 others were found otherwise.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-09 footer_n.gif

So out of 65 million odd Thai people only 250,000 are unemployed? really? I know at least

a dozen of unemployed guys and gals in my Soi alone. so only 250,000 people?

ok, we go with that.....

There you go ezzra raining on the governments parade again. Look at the US unemployment rates 4.9% wow with 33% of the people unemployed. So much for government rubber numbers. The governments job is to sooth the masses not roil them. With extra agricultural workers and the drought furloughing a lot of rice land I wonder what these people will do all day play Bridge?? or have they renamed it Raided, Bugger Your Neighbor no thats a different game. They undoubtedly do not have the money to play games of chance.

Edited by elgordo38