bangkok air

mascarabertha

the last four times I flew bangkok air Cnx-bkk and rerun there were delays from one hour to three hours. to add insult when it arrived in bkk the plane didn't even dock at the terminal. they loaded us on busses. I'm a pretty loyal customer but wearing thin. air asia any better?

No, Air Asia are actively trying to squeeze passengers. They're just nasty in every way.

It's a busy time and delays are regrettable, but PG remains by far the most humane airline in the country.

(I don't like the bus thing either, although it does represent a considerably shorter walk compared to ending up at gate A6, on the side where the travelator in that direction has been AWOL forever.) Both aren't things the airline controls.

One thing I wonder about with PG though is how they ended up with 101% of the Israeli market. It's quite remarkable. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'm flying to Bangkok to make an international connection at Swampy. I would prefer to fly from Chiang Mai to Suvarnabhumi rather than Don Muang. I am concerned about on time performance, are there any other choices besides Thai and Bangkok Air? I have flown both and prefer Bangok Air, but a 2-3 hour delay isn't going to work for me.

I'm flying to Bangkok to make an international connection at Swampy. I would prefer to fly from Chiang Mai to Suvarnabhumi rather than Don Muang. I am concerned about on time performance, are there any other choices besides Thai and Bangkok Air? I have flown both and prefer Bangok Air, but a 2-3 hour delay isn't going to work for me.

Thai Airways in that case. For international connections I don't do anything else.

Which airline is the safest for domestic flights in Thailand ?

You're still talking safety in terms of making a connection right? Because the other meaning would be just silly: that flight will be one of the safest hours you'll spend in Thailand outside if your own bed, no matter the airline.

(There are currently no real basket-case airlines flying out of Chiang Mai, since 1-2-Go / Orient went out of misery.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Which airline is the safest for domestic flights in Thailand ?

THAI airlines is rated 4 stars for safety....the safest in Thailand.

Nok Air received 2 stars while AirAsia, Bangkok Air, and Orient Thai Airlines each received 3 stars.

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/thailand-is-home-to-4-of-the-worst-airlines-for-safety-in-the-world/128383/

(Edit: Should mention that this is based upon a 7 star scale so the 2 stars for Nok Air is....uh...)

Edited by TheAppletons

If you enjoy queuing up to check in behind a thousand Chinese punters, then AirRageAsia is the way to go....

I don't really mind where people in front of me are from, but AirAsia does have a website last time I checked, where you can check in just fine.

If you don't check bags then checking in on-line is a wise move with AirAsia. Not only do you avoid the airport queue, you also avoid having your carry-on bag weighed. thumbsup.gif

I don't want to abandon Bangkok air. I buy a ticket on line and print my boarding passes also on line. The lounge is not shabby. BUT getting to the airport early and then finding out it's another hour added on sitting in departure area because you've already left the lounge--sigh it's just another nail in the coffin

So does this mean you have stopped pretending to be HiSo by flying Bangkok Airways, like you were in 2014? Were the pumpkin chips stale, too? Except for connecting to an international flight, DMK is much more accessible. I like Nok, and it's been smooth sailing, and you get some free baggage. I guess you can look at the ratings like Trip Advisor....getting good ratings is a business within itself, as well as getting rid of bad ones. Tony Fernandez seems to be a little media darling, and I don't think we are getting the straight scoop on them. The airport escalators, jetways, and buses are more dangerous than the jets. Weekend/Holiday warriors are often the ones paying the price, as that's when the systems get strained. Same with Summer travel in the US. It took me 56 hours to get from CNX to IAD before.

The poster did not say it was an every flight occurrence. My question is what was the delay. Could be every air line was delayed. Was it a plane malfunction or a general slow down in the air port. If the OP doesn't like them fly any thing else except Air Asia. They will even cancel flights.

I would defiantly not take action based on one persons experience. That is like saying don't fly Delta I was delayed 13 hours once.

If you enjoy queuing up to check in behind a thousand Chinese punters, then AirRageAsia is the way to go....

I don't really mind where people in front of me are from, but AirAsia does have a website last time I checked, where you can check in just fine.

But doesn't have a bag drop counter, so it is completely pointless.

I don't want to abandon Bangkok air. I buy a ticket on line and print my boarding passes also on line. The lounge is not shabby. BUT getting to the airport early and then finding out it's another hour added on sitting in departure area because you've already left the lounge--sigh it's just another nail in the coffin

BKK Air lost the plot when they went pubic, a big shame.

I would just stick with them, because I did what you are contemplating and flew the last 3 flights with Nok to DMK and twice with THAI to BKK and was forced to use airstairs and a bus on all three flights instead of the jetway. This is all within the last month and in addition, one of the THAI flights was delayed by more than 1 1/2 hours. There may be a capacity issue at BKK which is causing the delays and lack of jet way service. Anyway, I'm switching back to Bangkok Airways for my next flight.

Edited by kanook

BKK Air lost the plot when they went pubic, a big shame.

Yeah, going pubic - it's a mistake for all of us. There we were little kids, happy as Larry with someone else looking after us and then bang! Adulthood! And hair on our genitals to boot. Poor Bangkok Air must be very traumatized by this.

Don't leave the lounge before the flight is actually boarding. They announce it.

( For a morning flight they're usually already boarding by the time I even get to the airport, but even then there's some time to grab some sandwiches. )

But doesn't have a bag drop counter, so it is completely pointless.

Ah ok.. Last time I checked a bag was about a decade ago. But even then, the bag drop counter is less busy than check-in; I know because that's where I usually go begging for an exit row or (in case of Air Asia) a slightly more humane seat when I got assigned a middle one.

but, that lounge at BKK is a great place to let your kids run wild and scream at the top of their lungs for an hour before the flight.

Yes it's great! The kids love it.

Anyway I've been a total PG devotee ever since they were extremely accommodating when I had to cancel a flight due to medical circumstances (kid got hospitalized the evening before departure). Even though they were the cheapest-as$ tickets, they made an exception and offered to just let us use them on a future date.