Soi Cowboy bar owner dies following Bangkok condo fall

webfact

Does not matter how much money you have skydiving without a parachute is deadly , you would think someone who has the money and sense to build a business and get a very good income from it, would have more sense and would pay only 200 baht to have a locksmith come and open his door , he obviously did not value his own life for more than 200 baht i am sorry it came to this but i dont have any simpathy for someone stupid enough to attempt to climb over balconies 39 floors up , you would think he would have sold it and bought a condo on the 1st floor then any " accident, " as it is always put in thailand would result in possibly a broken arm and NOT death, i am also wondering how many times he locked himself out and attempted the same thing , what a stupid action and it shows that money does not always bring happiness as he showed 200 baht was more worth than his life.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/893472-soi-cowboy-bar-owner-dies-following-bangkok-condo-fall/page-3#entry10402653

who wouldn't suffer from addiction and depression owing a gogo bar, couldn't think of anything worse, RIP

RIP first. what a senseless and needless way to perish.i guess some could own a gogo and maintain mental health while others might have difficulty. assuming chemical addiction was concurrent all bets are off. addiction can and does happen amonst the best of us. rich, poor, low or high education, low stress or high stress.

although personally i have zero interest in owning a gogo bar etc it seems theres no lack of expat gogo-beer bar owners who feel they have found the holy grail.

"f I don't meet you no more in this world then

I'll meet ya on the next one"

James Marshall Hendrix

Edited by atyclb

I avoid great heights as a matter of principle. In buildings at least, not necessarily in the mountains. One threat less. And, yes, by all means, give a spare set of keys to a trusted friend. A friend like Artur Segarra.

Edited by Traveller45
  • Like 1

I avoid great heights as a matter of principle. In buildings at least, not necessarily in the mountains. One threat less.

Falling twenty feet can kill you if you land in the wrong position. Take great care out there on your travels mate, misfortune awaits.

• Like 1

No disrespect to the deceased but is climbing over condo balconies at 39 floors high the best way to to go about gaining entry to your condo after forgetting or losing your keys.

The guy was obviously a business man and therefore had access to money,why would you not stay in a cheap hotel for the night and or attempt to gain entry with the aid of the condo management or a lock smith.

Extremely sad way to lose your life for the sake of opening a door,could have kicked the damn thing in and replaced it as a last resort.

Suspect there is more to this than meets the eye as usual.

RIP.

Boring.

• Like 2

No disrespect to the deceased but is climbing over condo balconies at 39 floors high the best way to to go about gaining entry to your condo after forgetting or losing your keys.

The guy was obviously a business man and therefore had access to money,why would you not stay in a cheap hotel for the night and or attempt to gain entry with the aid of the condo management or a lock smith.

Extremely sad way to lose your life for the sake of opening a door,could have kicked the damn thing in and replaced it as a last resort.

RIP.

Boring.

• Like 1

The last skydive is always the worst...?

I guessed it was only a matter of time till someone made a skydiving joke. Its a bit heartless really.

RIP and condolences to the family.

I guess your not a skydiver.

RIP buddy, may you see blue sky's for eternity

• Like 1

...I doubt that ANYONE would willingly decide to climb 39 floors on the outside of the building...because 'they forgot their keys'.....

...every day....more and more.....

I don't think anyone willingly climbed 39 floors outside the building. He just climbed from one neighbors apartment balcony to his and slipped?

Very sadly it would seem to be an accident.

Why in the hell did his neighbour let let him do it. I would have said "No way mate" go get a locksmith.

RIP.

There are probably not many who would do this, but I did exactly the same thing back in my drinking 'daze'. I survived this unusual event. I, also, was not afraid of heights. RIP

My wife did it once when we lived 11 floors up. We had just found out she was pregnant as well. I wasn't there (obviously) and had no idea until she told me about a week after.

I flipped big time. Shes quite a sensible lady as it goes so I'm not sure what was going through her head when she decided to risk hers and the baby's life.

RIP to the deceased.

If we turn our attention inward I am sure we have all done spur of the moment foolish things I know I have. Its hard to believe a businessman would make such a decision. RIP

• Like 1

...I doubt that ANYONE would willingly decide to climb 39 floors on the outside of the building...because 'they forgot their keys'.....

...every day....more and more.....

I don't think anyone willingly climbed 39 floors outside the building. He just climbed from one neighbors apartment balcony to his and slipped?

Very sadly it would seem to be an accident.

Why in the hell did his neighbour let let him do it. I would have said "No way mate" go get a locksmith.

Absolutely agree.

Stupid and uncaring neighbour.

Unbelievable that someone would let this happen.

Patrick

RIP.

There are probably not many who would do this, but I did exactly the same thing back in my drinking 'daze'. I survived this unusual event. I, also, was not afraid of heights. RIP

My wife did it once when we lived 11 floors up. We had just found out she was pregnant as well. I wasn't there (obviously) and had no idea until she told me about a week after.

I flipped big time. Shes quite a sensible lady as it goes so I'm not sure what was going through her head when she decided to risk hers and the baby's life.

RIP to the deceased.

If we turn our attention inward I am sure we have all done spur of the moment foolish things I know I have. Its hard to believe a businessman would make such a decision. RIP

I had my times in life where I wanted to leave this world and don't have a problem to talk about. Life sometimes really sucks.

We all have to go one day. Death is part of life and I guess he had plenty of good parts as well. Take it easy dude and rest in peace.

• Like 1

Thailand can now be ranked the first in the world for balcony's related death.... nary a day

goes by without a similar death happening to Thais and foreigners alike......

I think it is time for a good old prope and the forming of a few committees to investigate.

HMMMMM! am i the first person to think this?

Not being funny but he had problems at work and was attacked, it would not take very much to send some people around and knock on the neighbours door, and insist the neigbour sticks to this story or else,
Very easy to find some nasty heavies around soi cowboy entrance that will deal with any of your revenge issues. especially if you are an unhinged bar worker that has a grudge against a foreigner...
Ofcourse it could also be a strange accident but in Thailand i always consider the worse...

• Like 1

Thailand can now be ranked the first in the world for balcony's related death.... nary a day

goes by without a similar death happening to Thais and foreigners alike......

I think it is time for a good old prope and the forming of a few committees to investigate.

CSI: TVF has swung into action already, or hadn't you noticed?

RIP.

Dear Mr Stoneyboy, I'm afraid you missunderstand the nature of a man who skydivers! 39 story.....so what! The man jumps out of perfectly good aircraft from 10-20 thousand feet! That's from 2-4 miles up! 400 feet would hold no fear for him! I'll bet he tried to deploy before he got to the ground! biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifwai.gif I salute him!

Rest in Peace mate

Ive seen Darel in the building for several years. He's a great guy with a real fun attitude.

Shame things went they way they did in the end.

What all seem to not understand is, he didnt go from one balcony to the other.

As informed by building management. He went to the roof of the building and tried to enter his property via the roof.

Everyone in the building is wondering why he didnt go down and call a locksmith, they all say he's been very paranoid for the past weeks.

Not his neighbour but family lives in the same building

• Like 1