Samui merchants give up on govt, repair own road

webfact

Samui Merchants Give Up on Govt, Repair Own Road
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14550831971455083567l.jpg
Souvenir merchant Samran Lungkum, at right, and Chaweng Beach locals come together Monday to repair their road. Photo: Samran Lungkum / Facebook

SAMUI — Tired of waiting for the authorities to repair a small chasm in their road, a group of merchants on Koh Samui on Monday took matters into their own hands.

Located at a three-way junction near Chaweng beach, the 50-centimeter by 1-meter hole has caused many road accidents for local residents and tourists, which spurred local merchants to finally do it themselves.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455083197

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-10

Actually 400 baht on asphalt, and a "botch up repair job" is better than no repair job at all.

Obviously, sometimes you have to take things into your own hands, and these local traders, realising that the road being in a shoddy and dangerous condition is not good for business from Thais and tourists alike,did exactly that, so kudos to them!

P.S. Koh Samui municipal officials could not be reached for comment.

Actually 400 baht on asphalt, and a "botch up repair job" is better than no repair job at all.

Obviously, sometimes you have to take things into your own hands, and these local traders, realising that the road being in a shoddy and dangerous condition is not good for business from Thais and tourists alike,did exactly that, so kudos to them!

P.S. Koh Samui municipal officials could not be reached for comment.

For goodness sake ! Its Chinese New Year, holiday time, have consideration. rolleyes.gif

Spurred local merchants to spend a couple hundred baht and botch up a temporary repair.. Hey good for them!

Has anyone suggested that you are a cynic? You have now!wai.gif

I have what now? Shouldn't that be "they have now" if I had a business directly opposite a hole in the road that was affecting both myself and my customers then I to would try and fix it.. Sure you shouldn't HAVE to as the local roads department or municipal should fix it. But you would do it yourself anyway to make life easier. If that's cynical then so be it!

Archived