SETV Laos?

Hi i have a question about setv.

I am curently here in Thailand on a triple entry TV witch expire in the end of this month. Would it be possible to go to Laos and get a setv and if yes how many times would it be possible to do so? is it 2 times now or is there still no fixed rule about it.

I really dont like to go back to Denmark and apply for the METV.

And another question is, i am 46 yrs old now and is the only option to get an ED visa combined with setv until i am 50 so i get get the retirement visa? ........ (dont have funds to pay for the elite visa)

Thanks

You can get a single entry tourist visa in Vientiane without a problem. You should be able to get 3 of them back to back. They don't count visas from other embassies or consulates.

Thanks ubonjoe im really glad to hear this so i should be ok for the next 9 months then.

After that would it then be possible to get setv in Cambodia ?

Edited by jesperdk

You can get a single entry tourist visa in Vientiane without a problem. You should be able to get 3 of them back to back. They don't count visas from other embassies or consulates.

Thanks ubonjoe im really glad to hear this so i should be ok for the next 9 months then.

As it stands there is no overall limit of SETV's you can have so as long as you are prepared to apply in different countries/embassies/consulates you should be able to get more. I doubt any individual embassy/consulate will let you have more than 2 or 3.

As it stands there is no overall limit of SETV's you can have so as long as you are prepared to apply in different countries/embassies/consulates you should be able to get more. I doubt any individual embassy/consulate will let you have more than 2 or 3.

Thanks

You sure can get the visa, but the real question is; Can you use it?

It's been reported that immigration computer system gives an alert after the 4th extension on tourist visa then you get Spanish inquisition

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892601-problem-at-bkk-airport-multiple-entry-tourist-visa/

That is the one and only report of that and appears to be an immigration offices giving false info.

• Like 1

It's been reported that immigration computer system gives an alert after the 4th extension on tourist visa then you get Spanish inquisition

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892601-problem-at-bkk-airport-multiple-entry-tourist-visa/

That is the one and only report of that and appears to be an immigration offices giving false info.

I think there is always a risk of being questioned by immigration if you are using a lot of tourist visas back to back. However, If you can explain that you are a genuine tourist who is just staying a long time then I do not think there will be a problem.

Really most immigration officers are helpful and do not want to cause you any problems, unless they have reason to suspect that you are here to work.

Yeah ok so what.

The reason they wanted people not to use visa exempt is because they "wanted people to do it the right way" = pay money to the embassies for tourist visas. Now that people started paying money to the embassies it's up to them to do the so called "due dilligence" and accept or reject.

Of course in theory an immigration officer can refuse entry even with a visa, but I wonder what they are going to say this time? Too many tourist visas, you should use the correct visa (long term tourist visa @500 k baht)?

They won't say it, but the reason they grill people is so that they get sick and tired and eventually some spend half a million baht.

Of course in theory an immigration officer can refuse entry even with a visa, but I wonder what they are going to say this time? Too many tourist visas, you should use the correct visa (long term tourist visa @500 k baht)?

They won't say it, but the reason they grill people is so that they get sick and tired and eventually some spend half a million baht.

Yes thats is exactly whats happening

If enough people abuse the tourist visa as a way of living in Thailand,there will be a "crackdown".They will change the system again.

If enough people abuse the tourist visa as a way of living in Thailand,there will be a "crackdown".They will change the system again.

And then we will take our money elsewhere. Or if they continue to stop me twice yesterday within 50 meters in the middle of Bkk on the street for "passport check". So that I get irritated enough to shout at the "second team" that their buddies checked me already 3 minutes ago.

If the immigration officer said there is an alert on the computer system at 4th tourist extension; I believe him.

The guy questioned was a real tourist; yet he got Spanish inquisition

last 9 times they stop me at suvarnabhumi airport. Call on the officer and taken aside. Computer now shows a red square with number 12 inside. I smile and ask whats that, pointing at the square, and smiling. Not good he says. I explain my situation and joke that he better let me in or i call my gf that waits in the hall. She likes to fight alot i say, Never took me more than 5 min to convince the officers im have good reasons why i come so many times.

If the immigration officer said there is an alert on the computer system at 4th tourist extension; I believe him.

last 9 times they stop me at suvarnabhumi airport. Call on the officer and taken aside. Computer now shows a red square with number 12 inside. I smile and ask whats that, pointing at the square, and smiling. Not good he says. I explain my situation and joke that he better let me in or i call my gf that waits in the hall. She likes to fight alot i say, Never took me more than 5 min to convince the officers im have good reasons why i come so many times.

So what was 12, visa exempts?

So what was 12, visa exempts?

He said i have entered Thailand to many times. i only have 1 visa, 1 border run. rest are 30 days on arrival in 3 years. They always say that this is the last time they let me in , and i have to have the right visa next time. But they always let me in.